PDA

View Full Version : Coach Few overcomplicates things as season progresses...

raise the zag
02-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Every year we regress as an offense. We start out like gangbusters b/c we keep things simple and allow the talent to shine.

He even admits this in every interview as the season wears on...

Coach Few continually remarks about teaching new plays every practice and seeing if these guys can handle all the information.

Well, they can, but they're so damn paranoid, they can't play up to their ability or have any freedom. Don't blame effort, blame coaching, especially for young guards. Too much, too soon.

We go from allowing the young, talented player we have to just "play" to 'implementing new sets and things every practice'.

Well, it doesn't work. Why are we so smooth, confident, effortless in November & December and suck in January?

Our boys are afraid to make a mistake -- we pass just to pass, we're focused on running the 'Coach Few play' we forget to make the right 'basketball play'. Our players spend much of their minutes looking over their shoulder worrying about being pulled instead of being AGGRESSIVE. Its palpable, obvious, disheartening...

We try to add layer by layer as the season goes on, but this philosophy hurts us year after year.

Time to simplify and go balls the wall and hone the strengths we currently have, not try to out-smart the opposition with a month left...

rijman
02-03-2012, 06:10 AM
Coach Few is the worst, he'll never be successful as a DI head coach. The losses are all his fault, look at the top men's basketball coaches, they never lose games. Of course I'm kidding, Few and staff will get all they can out of this team. Most teams play some games above and below their normal capability each season, the Zags are no different, especially with freshmen guards. BYU was a bad loss, Few and his staff will do everything they can to get the team ready for Pepperdine Saturday and St. Mary's next week. In Few I trust!

jazzdelmar
02-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Few is a better than average coach and a good man who runs a clean program and has excellent community outreach and p.r. from top sports scribes. not a genius by any stretch. his recruiting outreaches his ability to develop and coach in game.

former1dog
02-03-2012, 06:20 AM
I had no idea what our boys were trying to accomplish on offense last night. It didn't look like they had a solid idea either, unless it was throwing the ball to BYU.

cjm720
02-03-2012, 06:35 AM
Every year we regress as an offense. We start out like gangbusters b/c we keep things simple and allow the talent to shine.

He even admits this in every interview as the season wears on...

Coach Few continually remarks about teaching new plays every practice and seeing if these guys can handle all the information.

Well, they can, but they're so damn paranoid, they can't play up to their ability or have any freedom. Don't blame effort, blame coaching, especially for young guards. Too much, too soon.

We go from allowing the young, talented player we have to just "play" to 'implementing new sets and things every practice'.

Well, it doesn't work. Why are we so smooth, confident, effortless in November & December and suck in January?

Our boys are afraid to make a mistake -- we pass just to pass, we're focused on running the 'Coach Few play' we forget to make the right 'basketball play'. Our players spend much of their minutes looking over their shoulder worrying about being pulled instead of being AGGRESSIVE. Its palpable, obvious, disheartening...

We try to add layer by layer as the season goes on, but this philosophy hurts us year after year.

Time to simplify and go balls the wall and hone the strengths we currently have, not try to out-smart the opposition with a month left...

I see this too, but Coach has to progress each and every team. Opponents get better, we need to get smarter. Two steps forward, one step back, repeat...if coach times it right and this group is as capable as I think, it will pay off wonders for March and years to come...so, I don't think the philosophy hurts us, what hurts us is mental mistakes and time and practice will correct that.

That said, we missed so many easy buckets last night and made so many silly turnovers, that I can't blame the loss on more complicated plays. Make your open shots and take care of the ball = win in Provo.

Waiting for Bell
02-03-2012, 06:54 AM
It blows my mind how coach Few is taking any heat for this loss. Yes there were major problems in last nights game, but all of them stem from one thing. "NO HEART"

It was not Few that told them to dribbled off their feet or just plain lose a dribble, then jog back on d-fense like nothing happened. It was not Few that gave up 14 boards to a big slow guy who primarily hangs out 15-20ft from the basket. It was not Few who couldn't hit multiple wide open 3 pointers. It was not Few that couldn't finish multiple lay-up chippies. It was not Fews who threw careless cross-court passes. It was not Fews fault that the team stop hustling 10 minutes into the first half (maybe the altitude?).

I'm just as frustrusted as the next guy, but really, it was the SOFT, LACKLUSTER effort that gave us no chance. I understand Few's handling of Guy and Hart, and they have offensive deficiencies, but atleast their guy won't have 14 rebounds or multiple wide open lay-ins. I'd rather watch my team go out fighting than laying down asking to be shot one last time.

rijman
02-03-2012, 06:54 AM
That said, we missed so many easy buckets last night and made so many silly turnovers, that I can't blame the loss on more complicated plays. Make your open shots and take care of the ball = win in Provo.
+1

hooter73
02-03-2012, 06:55 AM
The stink of last nights desperate substitutions is still lingering...

Zag
02-03-2012, 07:14 AM
I disagree with the opinion that Mark Few's game plan is the problem. Turnovers and missed shots drove last nights outcome. Mixed in with that was Freshman playing like Freshman, which is something we as fans just aren't used to seeing from a Zag team.

If anything I'd like to see his game plan be more complicated. I miss some of the old motion offense the zags used to run. Hell bring back the Triangle!
(Interesting article speaking of that...Even has a shout out to GU)

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7346315/chuck-klosterman-phil-jackson-tex-winter-death-triangle-offense

To me our post-up Sacre/Harris/Dower game is a little too simple for my taste. Sometimes it looks predictable and creates easy double teams that none of those guys seem adept at handling.

Hopefully as our guards develope we see improvement. That is all we can really ask for at this point. I think the coach has this under control.

kclubfounder
02-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Few is a better than average coach and a good man who runs a clean program and has excellent community outreach and p.r. from top sports scribes. not a genius by any stretch. his recruiting outreaches his ability to develop and coach in game.

What do you think our average recruiting class is ranked nationally? I'd guess about 50th. Pretty darn good for a small school in a conference that has a normal conference RPI of about 10 - 13.

Have you noticed all the former Zags playing in the NBA compared to the other top basketball programs in the country? No? Neither have I.

The reason we go to the NCAA tournament EVERY YEAR and are ranked in the top 25 regularly, is primarily because of player development and coaching.

Zag
02-03-2012, 07:17 AM
What do you think our average recruiting class is ranked nationally? I'd guess about 50th. Pretty darn good for a small school in a conference that has a normal conference RPI of about 10 - 13.

Have you noticed all the former Zags playing in the NBA compared to the other top basketball programs in the country? No? Neither have I.

The reason we go to the NCAA tournament EVERY YEAR and are ranked in the top 25 regularly, is primarily because of player development and coaching.

:agreed:

LongIslandZagFan
02-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Oh no... I think they are right. We should be out there trying to lure Coach K away from Duke... Few just doesn't get it done.

TexasZagFan
02-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Oh no... I think they are right. We should be out there trying to lure Coach K away from Duke... Few just doesn't get it done.

Maybe we can make a trade with SMC: Few and a couple of red-shirts for Bennett. :explode:

U Zig, I Zag
02-03-2012, 07:32 AM
The first half debacle ultimately ends up being a fault of coaching. You can't stop a player from making a ####ty pass or missing a defensive assignment from the sidelines but you can stem the tide, make adjustments and guide your team to keep it under control. None of that happened in the first half yesterday. It was an open head wound, just gushing.

On the other hand, adjustments made down the stretch in the 2nd half seemed to have made it a closer outcome (not sure how I would feel if we lost by 20-25+, which is where we were heading).

Someone above talked about the simplistic approach we had on offense. I agree, it's too simple and creates silly double teams (our bigs can't pass). At this point in the year Few should have some sets that you can get in there that create some easy baskets, even against the zone. We looked SO robotic. Watch BYU in the first half especially, they had a jump on almost every pass... it is so obvious what we are doing BYU would just capitalize with steals, blocks from behind (I am done with Rob now, that was the last one), etc.

BGJ, Carter and Stocks stepped up, Hart too. That was good to see, but as a whole the whole game was a complete mess. Very disappointing.

I long for the days where we would get easy backdoor passes for looks. Pick and rolls. Quick perimeter passing, etc. :/

cjm720
02-03-2012, 07:44 AM
The first half debacle ultimately ends up being a fault of coaching. You can't stop a player from making a ####ty pass or missing a defensive assignment from the sidelines but you can stem the tide, make adjustments and guide your team to keep it under control. None of that happened in the first half yesterday. It was an open head wound, just gushing.

Did you even watch the game? Few tinkered with the rotation more than he ever has in a ten minute stretch. Guy go the start, turnover, sub in Carter; MM, 0/3 on wide open shots; MK 0/1 airball...Carter played a pretty decent game but his TOs along with others didn't stop the bleeding but Coach certainly tried to find the right combination but nothing worked. That said, the one piece he didn't try was Mike Hart, and to this non-D1 coach that's a bit of a head scratcher.

LongIslandZagFan
02-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Did you even watch the game? Few tinkered with the rotation more than he ever has in a ten minute stretch. Guy go the start, turnover, sub in Carter; MM, 0/3 on wide open shots; MK 0/1 airball...Carter played a pretty decent game but his TOs along with others didn't stop the bleeding but Coach certainly tried to find the right combination but nothing worked. That said, the one piece he didn't try was Mike Hart, and to this non-D1 coach that's a bit of a head scratcher.

Not a head scratcher for me... What he was searching for was offense... Hart wasn't going to offer that.

But I think the consensus is that Few needs to be fired. Maybe we can get Roy Williams or Izzo.

Vanzagger
02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
the Beach play their rival the other night. An ESPN guy complimented Monson on not over coaching his guys. Sometimes it's not about the system and ego. Sometimes you got to find that balance and turn your guys loose a little.

No top 5O classes? Big time excuse making continues. I can go through every class and show you the guys we got were being looked at by big time programs but we got them first. Hell, Polling was once the 4th overall prospect in the country. I wish our player development could have got him on track. They had a whole redshirt year to work with him.

GeorgiaZagFan
02-03-2012, 09:20 AM
....that March madness is often dominated by the teams with veteran leadership at the guard position. I've heard more than once that when filling out your brackets for the big tourney to favor those teams with veteran guards. Many of last night's turnovers were "forced" turnovers...not by the BYU defense, but by the Zags impatience and carelessness. We have freshmen starting guards in Pangos and Bell Jr., sophomore backup PG in Stockton, and Marquise Carter playing like a freshman as another guard. The hope is that the veterans at other positions, such as Harris and Sacre, will offset the play of the young guards, last night that did not happen!

bartruff1
02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Not a head scratcher for me... What he was searching for was offense... Hart wasn't going to offer that.

But I think the consensus is that Few needs to be fired. Maybe we can get Roy Williams or Izzo. He is clearly the problem, he will never meet our expectations. Didn't Izzo and Roy miss the dance ??,,,We need Cal to save us....Get a rope !!!

DixieZag
02-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I think most of us are capable of being ridiculously happy about having Few as our coach and hoping that he stays another 20 years, while also questioning a few alarming patterns.

-Hit some shots, we win the game.

Yep, but this team has been getting worse from the three for the last month and going the wrong direction. Have no idea what the answer is, its in the BB Gods hands.

-Commit fewer turnovers, somehow (either simplify, let players play, whatever)

There were two types of turnovers, the ones where BYU jumped our telegraphed, very predictable passes and even shots (going at Sacre from behind, drawing fouls from Harris) are part of a pattern that each opponent is doing to us, home and away and is hugely concerning b/c it is getting worse continually through the conference schedule. The TO's that are from bouncing off a leg or not catching the ball seem reserved to the big games where we look intimidated.

-We seem to never switch up defenses until it is a desperation move in the second half, far too late to take advantage of the dividends. This I don't understand at all. I would love to see Few mix up the defenses continually through-out the game. Full Court press that then falls into a zone works so well for brief periods at a time.

-Upper classmen not stepping up for the biggest games. Just a pattern impossible to ignore. Stockton to Dower in the second half was the only consistent scoring we could muster and happened with all upper classmen on the bench. Can you ignore that?

These are some patterns that I see emerging that will not solve themselves at home just b/c we are at home, that may cost us a very bad loss or losses to bottom 5 teams in the conference which would then really impact our long term goals beyond keeping the conference streak alive.

Please don't respond to the honest impressions with ridiculous ad hominems (Fire Few! hah!), I might well be wrong about what I am seeing, but I can think I see these patterns and want Few to coach the team forever at the same time.

gamagin
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM
It blows my mind how coach Few is taking any heat for this loss. Yes there were major problems in last nights game, but all of them stem from one thing. "NO HEART"

It was not Few that told them to dribbled off their feet or just plain lose a dribble, then jog back on d-fense like nothing happened. It was not Few that gave up 14 boards to a big slow guy who primarily hangs out 15-20ft from the basket. It was not Few who couldn't hit multiple wide open 3 pointers. It was not Few that couldn't finish multiple lay-up chippies. It was not Fews who threw careless cross-court passes. It was not Fews fault that the team stop hustling 10 minutes into the first half (maybe the altitude?).

I'm just as frustrusted as the next guy, but really, it was the SOFT, LACKLUSTER effort that gave us no chance. I understand Few's handling of Guy and Hart, and they have offensive deficiencies, but atleast their guy won't have 14 rebounds or multiple wide open lay-ins. I'd rather watch my team go out fighting than laying down asking to be shot one last time.

you saw the game I saw.

Not sure which game too many others are discussing. Few is not responsible for missing shots, failing to think, paying attention, getting in position, or just playing the game of basketball and playing to win.

If he's guilty of anything, imo, it's relying on those Zags who can't enter a game, draw a line and refuse to let others cross it without a fight.

Sadly, too many Zags seem to require an endless number of kick starts or hand holdings while the self starters, even with their flaws, come to lead, play and go for broke. Most of them we call the second unit.

raise the zag
02-03-2012, 09:49 AM
That was the most painful thing --

Every time we'd turn it over, miss a pass, get it stolen, lose the handle, etc...we acted like it was "no biggie".

Our body language was, "oh well" and jogged back on defense. No accountability, no value, no effort or follow-up from a bad, sloppy play.

I only saw Carter(yes, I know he had TO's too) and Hart in limited mins play with meaning, focus, intensity, purpose...

The rest of the guys acted like the St Mary's game...too cool for school. Almost as if we were trying to prove or show that we weren't affected by the crowd, yet we clearly were. Just play through it! Don't try to look like you're handling it, prove it.

I recall Dower mentioning something after the St Mary's game...saying something about, "We thought we were better and we'd win"...paraphrasing, yet they actually play like our fans think. Well, we beat Big Name teams so we should beat you too...but the difference is we played well to win those game and acted like we wanted to win. We're stiff, we're passing just to pass, we're aloof on the court. Sad trend vs the best teams in Conference.

77Zag
02-03-2012, 09:55 AM
The stink of last nights desperate substitutions is still lingering...
Not stink, this IS called coaching - when nothing is working or the combinations are not working you reach for some momentum from others.
Let's just say MM hit all of his 3's -- that's nine points in a matter of minutes and could have changed the game.

When things are not going well, turnovers, stupid shots, etc you go to others in an attempt to change the tide. Gotta agree, MH helped tremendously down the stretch.

It's all about execution and the ball dropping through the hoop. It wasn't last night.

Beat Pepperdine...
Go Zags!

Zag79
02-03-2012, 09:58 AM

Except the coach is responsible for putting the right lineup with the right game plan out there, and all too often this season he looks confused on what he wants to do. The players are to blame, but at the same time Few isn't perfect. Its ok to disagree or question him after another horrible loss, he makes mistakes too. Saying he should be fired or is terrible, now thats for the crazies. But I don't think it's out of line to wonder if he could have done something different at times.

Waiting for Bell
02-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Zag79-

You know, I totally agree with you about Few needing to put the right combo and game plan out there. But in my humble opinion, Few's game plan got a lot of great open shots from beyond the arch, the Zags typically don't shoot 3's unless they are pretty open (there were a couple last night I wasn't happy about). But Hoff missed 3 within a couple of minutes of each other and the team went 3-19. Also, the game plan got Rob chippies all day but he could not finish 80% of them. Harris had four turnovers that were completely unforced and seemed totally disinterested. The other problem with Harris's game last night was that his guy had 24pts and 14reb. Ofcourse not all was his fault, but he ended the game with only 1 foul leading me to believe he wasn't playing very aggressive d-fense.

Turnovers are the fault of the players. PERIOD. 16 at halftime is not a product of Fews game plan.

Your point about putting the right line-up in..... he tried everything short of pulling Kelly's shirt.....Keita, Hoff, Guy, Hart, Stocks, they all had a chance and nobody stepped up except for Hart. I'm usually the one screaming into the TV, doing back seat coaching, but yesterday, I felt FEW tried everything and nothing worked. True, Few isn't perfect.

DADoZAG
02-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Zag79-

You know, I totally agree with you about Few needing to put the right combo and game plan out there. But in my humble opinion, Few's game plan got a lot of great open shots from beyond the arch, the Zags typically don't shoot 3's unless they are pretty open (there were a couple last night I wasn't happy about). But Hoff missed 3 within a couple of minutes of each other and the team went 3-19. Also, the game plan got Rob chippies all day but he could not finish 80% of them. Harris had four turnovers that were completely unforced and seemed totally disinterested. The other problem with Harris's game last night was that his guy had 24pts and 14reb. Ofcourse not all was his fault, but he ended the game with only 1 foul leading me to believe he wasn't playing very aggressive d-fense.

Turnovers are the fault of the players. PERIOD. 16 at halftime is not a product of Fews game plan.

Your point about putting the right line-up in..... he tried everything short of pulling Kelly's shirt.....Keita, Hoff, Guy, Hart, Stocks, they all had a chance and nobody stepped up except for Hart. I'm usually the one screaming into the TV, doing back seat coaching, but yesterday, I felt FEW tried everything and nothing worked. True, Few isn't perfect.

Absolutely.

There’s no way to tell how good Few’s game plan was. The execution stunk. Substitutions were an effort to find execution.

And yes, Few’s not perfect. I missed the first 7 minutes of the first half, so I don’t know how that went, but I felt this was one Few’s best efforts at game management this year (and I'm one of those guys that's been pretty critical). With the exception of making sure the guys on the floor knew not to call a timeout when there was only one left, he seemed to be doing all that was possible to make up for a team that couldn’t hit the Pacific Ocean while standing on the beach, a freshman point guard that was obviously trying to do too much, and a well prepared opposition on their home court (kudos to Rose and his players).

I was encouraged last night. Turnovers up the ying yang and nearly zippo from beyond three and, if there’d been the one timeout left to instruct the guys on when to start fouling, the ZAGS were in position to pull this one out.

I don’t have my rose shpecticles on, and I’m not searching for a moral victory, just looking at it without the anger of embarrassment that some posters seem to have. But then, I don’t worry about losing until losing means the end and last night wasn’t the end of anything.

Don’t bail on this team, there’s plenty of good ZAG ball to come.

Go ZAGS! Beat Pep!

Zag79
02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Zag79-

I agree the fellas played poorly, that's without question. But to me, the lack of consistency to any rotation or game plan is what forces bad play even more. Two games Hoff doesn't play a lick, then he's expected to come in and be hot from behind the arc in a huge game. Carter plays 6 minutes one game, then 30+ the next. Keita took one shot, Edi One shot, Hoff three in one minute of PT, then all never saw the court again. Quick fixes like that don't work against good teams in big games. It seems as if we don't stick to a plan or rotation and let it evolve, quick trigger syndrome if you will. Rob had a couple missed bunnies that drive me crazy, but he was still 4-9 and was getting to the line with ease. When we got in the bonus, we kept chucking threes in instead of continuing to attack the rim. 19 threes is way too many attempts for a cold team period. Why not bring Hart in sooner? He was a key element to our success and sees no time now, only to come in late and show why he should be getting more minutes. I would like to see more consistency in the rotation and game plan, I think that alone would make it easier to execute. If that happens, i think we can win out and still grab a tie of the conference title. All that being said, I'm glad Few is our coach and love what this team can still become. I'll never bail on my team, season ticket holder for life. At 32 hopefully that gives me many years of this fun and discussion! :)

Waiting for Bell
02-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree the fellas played poorly, that's without question. But to me, the lack of consistency to any rotation or game plan is what forces bad play even more. Two games Hoff doesn't play a lick, then he's expected to come in and be hot from behind the arc in a huge game. Carter plays 6 minutes one game, then 30+ the next. Keita took one shot, Edi One shot, Hoff three in one minute of PT, then all never saw the court again. Quick fixes like that don't work against good teams in big games. It seems as if we don't stick to a plan or rotation and let it evolve, quick trigger syndrome if you will. Rob had a couple missed bunnies that drive me crazy, but he was still 4-9 and was getting to the line with ease. When we got in the bonus, we kept chucking threes in instead of continuing to attack the rim. 19 threes is way too many attempts for a cold team period.

Those are great points. I too wish that Few would just pick who he want to play the 3 position and stick with it. It is one of the major gripes I have with Few. Carter/Hart/Guy needs to start from here out. My preference is Hart, w/ Carter relieving him.

I love Rob, but he just drives me crazy when he doesn't finish the "given" points. But he is the best defensively we got down there.

Teams are packing it in on the Zags, Dower/Sacre/Harris seldom get much room to operate anymore. That is why they shoot so many 3's. Few was thinking along your lines about attacking the basket when in the bonus. A couple of times after time outs, you could tell the guards were trying to penetrate....... but it was just turn-over after turn-over once they got into the lane. It seemed like not hitting the open 3's from the get go, gave BYU a huge advantage throughout the game allowing them to keep packing it in.

DADoZAG
02-03-2012, 12:11 PM
It seemed like not hitting the open 3's from the get go, gave BYU a huge advantage throughout the game allowing them to keep packing it in.

Huh.

Go ZAGS! Beat Pep!

U Zig, I Zag
02-03-2012, 01:41 PM

Yes, I watched the game. :enraged:

I am not referencing plugging in this player versus that player as much as I am referring to: BYU is doing X, we are going to do Y. That is not working, that leaves this opportunity here, this opening there, etc. I am talking different playsets, an entirely different approach. We would do the same thing 3, 4 times down the court.

I applauded a couple substitutions at first, but knew Few was hitting a wall when he started tossing in someone like MM that hadn't played much lately.

The team was just not ready, not at all.

BobZag
02-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Every year I say this, and this year is no different.

K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify.

Over-thinking the room never works.

Zag79
02-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Every year I say this, and this year is no different.

K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify.

Over-thinking the room never works.

+1. Been waiting for a BZ quality post, and right on que... :D

maynard g krebs
02-03-2012, 04:38 PM
No top 5O classes? Big time excuse making continues. I can go through every class and show you the guys we got were being looked at by big time programs but we got them first. Hell, Polling was once the 4th overall prospect in the country. I wish our player development could have got him on track. They had a whole redshirt year to work with him.

Sorry, but this is just sheer idiocy. I usually refrain from such comments, but this is just beyond ridiculous. I saw Poling in HS; big and had some skills as a hs soph, but he was ranked on projected development. Got sick and never was the same. And I've seen him at SPU; he gets pushed around by D2 posts. Just too physically weak for the modern game

Calvary, Violette- name their BCS offers out of HS. Morrison, 3 star, POY. Dickau, 3 star, 1st team AA. Turiaf, raw as could be as a fr, never saw a post develop more in his college yrs. The overachievers outnumber the underachievers by far.

Vanzagger
02-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Isn't the standing joke about Dub & Wazzu not recruiting Calvary not enough for you to flat out know we got a gift? And I heard Stanford gave away Santangelo's scholy at the last minute to Knight.....not sure if that's true but let's just say another BCS gift.

Our coaches do an amazing job in recruiting but I lump Idaho in with Canada. Especially 10 years ago. Not heavily recruited. Glad we got Violette though. Because of geography we were lucky, imo. Same goes for Kyle even though we got him early and I think BCS programs were still lurking around after he verballed.

North Carolina was recruiting Turiaf in London. But ok, I'll go with raw. He would have been drafted in the first round after his junior campaign. Bless his heart, he came back to try and finish what he started. Did that extra year of player development help his draft status?

Morrison. I think he had a growth spurt and in the book it says Blake had to beg Few to check this kid out. If we don't sign him when we do he gets recruited by everybody on the West Coast.

Poling. I wasn't the only one who was impressed with his first Blue/White game. Add a year of development and he's gone? I'm not saying he was a 5 star kid coming out of HS. It was a feather in Few's cap to land him though. I have not seen him play lately. I hope he regains what ever he lost. Basketball is a fun game.

I never said our players under achieve. I do throw out my opinion, maybe too much, that playing many players out of position is not helping anybody's cause.

kclubfounder
02-03-2012, 08:04 PM

The reason this particularly dumb comment received the wrath of a normally calm poster (something I don't claim to be :)) is because it is SO astoundingly dumb.

1) An AVERAGE of 50 does not mean NO top 50 classes. Hello???

2) Confronting a poster who claimed player development is weak because recruiting is so awesome with the simple fact that our recruiting classes are not worthy of our performance is not "big time excuse making".

3) Your Polling comment was dumb (as the previous post explained).

And those are only the top 3 reasons your post was attacked.