PDA

View Full Version : I'm stoked!

former1dog
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Going to my first Gonzaga game in person in several years tonight!

I'll report back my impressions tomorrow. If we win. If we lose, I make no promises.

bballbeachbum
02-02-2012, 03:12 PM

I'll report back my impressions tomorrow. If we win. If we lose, I make no promises.

do it man!

GO ZAGS!!!

DixieZag
02-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Be loud and proud. Leave it to "them" to be obnoxious if it gets tough.

Baldwinzag
02-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Have a great time & enjoy the game, F1D. Represent for all of us from afar.

Excited to read your report, especially since we'll be celebrating a great win.

i dare you to throw a towel at the refs and just blame it on the BYU guy/gal next to you -- bet you'd get away with it. ;) j/k

Beat BYU!

RenoZag
02-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Watch your back

LynetteG
02-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Former!!!!!!! See you tonight!!! I will be wearing a long sleeved blue shirt underneath a gray short sleeved GU shirt, it has a big "10" on the back, since my husband graduated with his MBA in 2010. My partner in crime for the evening is named Jill, and this is her first Gonzaga game ever! She is from here, and is a Ute, definitely not a Coug. She will be wearing my gray GU sweatshirt with a pocket across the bottom front. Find us!!!!

Seats are lower chair, section 13, row 31, seats 18 and 19.

Btw, my secret weapon for tonight is the long sleeved blue shirt... it's my Michigan BB shirt with Jordy's number on it ;)

DCZag
02-02-2012, 04:29 PM
REPRESENT!!! Have fun!

former1dog
02-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Former!!!!!!! See you tonight!!! I will be wearing a long sleeved blue shirt underneath a gray short sleeved GU shirt, it has a big "10" on the back, since my husband graduated with his MBA in 2010. My partner in crime for the evening is named Jill, and this is her first Gonzaga game ever! She is from here, and is a Ute, definitely not a Coug. She will be wearing my gray GU sweatshirt with a pocket across the bottom front. Find us!!!!

Seats are lower chair, section 13, row 31, seats 18 and 19.

Btw, my secret weapon for tonight is the long sleeved blue shirt... it's my Michigan BB shirt with Jordy's number on it ;)

We're actually sitting right next to you. I'm the dude with 3 little boys. There is zero chance you won't notice me :D (same row, adjacent seats 13 to 17, small world!) ....

former1dog
Watch your back

Ain't that the truth.

LynetteG
We're actually sitting right next to you. I'm the dude with 3 little boys. There is zero chance you won't notice me :D (same row, adjacent seats, small world) ....

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you there!!!!

ldszagfan
02-02-2012, 05:00 PM

The last Zag game that I went to was the BiS against UConn. So I'm also really excited for tonight! I'll be sitting on the first row of section 104 (my buddy needed the space since he broke his leg). I'll be wearing a black Zag t-shirt, but will probably walk in with my red Zag sweatshirt (not to mention my buddy is in a huge leg cast, so you can't miss us). Maybe we'll all run into each other!

Zag79
02-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Give em hell F1 and family, you too Lynette and all other Zags in attendance! Beat BYU!!!

GoZags
02-02-2012, 05:37 PM

Hopefully the same outcome as last time.

Hopefully your seatmate will be of a little higher quality than last time as well.

Reborn
02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Have fun tonight Former1dog. I don't think I've seen you so excited in a long time. Glad to see it too. Lynnette, have fun too, and you guys bring those Zags luck. Idszagfan, you too (sorry I don't know you as well). Glad to see some folks from the board going tonight. Be loud and let the guys here you. Every voice counts believe me.

Lurknomore
02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Have a great time. Jealous here in Spokane.

gu03alum
02-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I hope your boys have a good time and catch the Gonzaga bug (if they haven't already)

former1dog
02-03-2012, 07:27 AM
For the most part, we did enjoy attending the game.

It was fun to meet CoachCrazy, Jakester and Lynnette!

Unfortunately we lost. I also overestimated my boys stamina for such a late game. They enjoyed going to the game, but my oldest boy nearly slept through the entire 2nd half, my middle boy fought it off but barely and my 2 yr old was so tired he just quietly sat in my wife's lap the entire game. No more late tip offs for those guys.

jazzdelmar
02-03-2012, 07:29 AM

Unfortunately we lost. I also overestimated my boys stamina for such a late game. They enjoyed going to the game, but my oldest boy nearly slept through the entire 2nd half, my middle boy fought it off but barely and my 2 yr old was so tired he just quietly sat in my wife's lap the entire game. No more late tip offs for those guys.

dogster-wish i slept thru it, too. lucky kids. :) um, wheres your eyewitness report, btw?

TexasZagFan
02-03-2012, 08:41 AM

Don't feel bad...I fell asleep with about 5 minutes to go in the first half.

GoGU
02-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Wow, dog, I'm so sorry you had to watch that in person. It was painful enough on TV, without being surrounded by 20,000 cocky BYU fans. Glad you had a good time though. I hope that next time you see a game, it's a quality win.

former1dog
02-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Wow, dog, I'm so sorry you had to watch that in person. It was painful enough on TV, without being surrounded by 20,000 cocky BYU fans. Glad you had a good time though. I hope that next time you see a game, it's a quality win.

Oh, I enjoyed it despite the loss.

I've been privileged to attend a bunch of Gonzaga games as I used to live in the bay area in CA and would go to most of the Santa Clara and St. Mary's games and then for a whole bunch of years the WCC tourney was at Santa Clara. With my move to SLC things got a bit tougher, but I have been able to travel a few times and get to games and I'm excited that BYU is in the conference now so I can at least get to this game every year.

BYU fans were loud, but frankly it was nothing like K2. Seems like they do an awful lot there besides basketball to entertain the crowd. I enjoyed the student section "flash mob".

2 notably encounters with BYU fans. My 5 year old happened to be kicking the seat in front of him, continuously (I wasn't aware, I was watching the game) and the gentlemen finally said to me, "Excuse me. I'm really sorry, I don't mean to be rude. Would you mind asking your son not to kick my chair?" A very gracious and kind response on the part of the BYU fan to an awkward situation.

Second, 2 rows in front was a guy who might have been learning disabled, who was hooting and hollering about all the calls made by the refs. He even yelled at the refs for a call that went FOR BYU. One of my new friends, CoachCrazy or Jakester, said something to him like "Are you kidding" and there was a somewhat angry exchange. Guy had a screw loose I think.

I will note that the BYU fans booed just about every single call by the refs that went against their team. Seemed excessive.

former1dog
02-03-2012, 12:07 PM
In terms of the game, its hard to be successful when the best statistic you have from the game is all the assists your team is providing to the other team!!!

Interestingly enough, though, as bad as Gonzaga played, they still played BYU even the first 10 minutes of the game and in the second half. Think about that for a second.

GoGU
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Interestingly enough, though, as bad as Gonzaga played, they still played BYU even the first 10 minutes of the game and in the second half. Think about that for a second.

It means that we ought to beat them by 10 in Spokane in a few weeks.

former1dog
02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
It means that we ought to beat them by 10 in Spokane in a few weeks.

If the team that beat Arizona or Xavier shows up, I would say it won't be close versus BYU.

LynetteG
02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
It was great to meet Former1! There was a very loud and sizeable Gonzaga contingent in the upper level just to our right. They had the chants down, 'defense bulldogs, defense" and so on. Was pretty cool! The people sitting around them didn't look too happy though.

My interaction with a BYU fan in front of me was just as nice as the guy who was getting his chair kicked by Former's son. He asked when did we play SMC, and also asked what kind of talk there was in Spokane about Rob's NBA prospects. He had some really good questions, and I was happy to share my Zag knowledge.

That guy in front of former1 screaming was weird. I thought he was going to have a stroke, his neck veins were totally bulging out and he was scaring the people around him. If we weren't at BYU I would have thought he was drunk, but who knows!