• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GonzagasaurusFlex
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Majerus Watching & Planting Seeds

So I'm in St. Louis living very, very close to the campus of St. Louis U. and just had an epiphany of sorts. When I happen upon Rick Majerus, the new coach here, I'm going to introduce myself and plant a seed re: the oft-discussed topic here of an SJ hoops tourney. If everyone on this board were to plant similar seeds with every coach of a D1 Jesuit school whom they may have access to maybe we could start a grass roots movement. I know, I know ( I think from this very board) that it's a topic discussed and shot down by AD's before, but if there was an upsurge of enthusiasm coming from the coaches themselves (Majerus for one has gone on record as - not surprisingly - wanting to up the level of competition in SLU's ooc schedule...which includes, thanks to Majerus, B.C. this year) maybe our little seeds could sprout into something beautiful. Maybe not, but what the hell ya never know...and I'm bored and wanted to start a new thread and this is the best idea I could come up with. Slow day
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Conklin

Brian Conklin recently verbaled to SLU. He's the big man prospect out of Oregon that Oregon Live says (inaccurately) was offered by Gonzaga.

Comment

• OregonZag5
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

Rick was in Eugene this week and meet with Brian C- and I believe he is going to sign with St. Louis- there was some thought he might sign with an Ivy League school as he has the grades- very nice kid-

as an side- Rick went to the Y swiming where the youngest child is a life guard- called at work to tell me he was there and we figured out why and he said " Dad he is HUGE- was worried about the losing all the water when he jumped in "

Comment

• TheZagPhish
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OregonZag5 View Post
        ..."Dad he is HUGE- was worried about the losing all the water when he jumped in"
        LOL

Fair enough. He's a nice enough man it seems, he has a faint Darth Vader breathing thing going on and uses the term, "Puttin' on a clinic" a little too much for my taste, but I wish him the best. Actually it's nice to hear he's doing something physically active!
        Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• EL MUSTACIO
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

So glad that Majeruas took the job at SLU bc I dont have to hear about his stupid Oh-fensive strategies from now on...

Majerus also got this guy:
          Stay up to date with all the Gonzaga Bulldogs sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
          Master: Tell me, what's better than beating a Tar Heel?

Apprentice: Oh, that's an easy one teach. Beating a Husky

Comment

• kyle dixon
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Or--

How can you forget all of the references Majerus made on espn about Bouldin's thighs.

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

I'd rather not consider any image of Big Rick "planting seeds."

Somewhere in St. Louis, a buffet table trembles. . .
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Nevtelen
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kyle dixon View Post
                How can you forget all of the references Majerus made on espn about Bouldin's thighs.
                He must have talked about Bouldin's body for a minute all told... brought it up every time he talked about him. We can be sure, though, that Majerus isn't a big Gay guy...

Comment

• RenoZag
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Yes, Sir Rick doesn't like those guys that have too many peaks and valleys. . .
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                  X