PDA

View Full Version : Announcers for our games

ZagFanInNC
01-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I was watching the Miami v Chicago game today. I love the honesty that you get from Jeff Van Gundy when he calls a game. No BS, no sugarcoating, he calls it the way it is. I wish we could even have a fraction of that honesty while watching GU.

Van Gundy would KILL Heister during a game. Heister thinks he is so awesome, he really needs to keep his analysis to himself because he is a complete moron.

I am a Fox fan, I wish he wouldn't agree with Heister's stupid comments. You can tell when he doesn't agree because he pauses, and then dances around the stupid statement to make his way to a logical statment.

Ekrub
01-29-2012, 03:12 PM
lol I liked his "that's a good double header? Chicago vs. Washington?"

Yeah Heister really really sucks. Some people get touchy if you say that here, but it's the truth.

GoGU
01-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Heister's hair hasn't moved since 1998. ;)

Thomas_Sutpen
01-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah Heister really really sucks. Some people get touchy if you say that here, but it's the truth.

Heister excels at the human-interest chatty Mark Few show fluff interviews.

Play by play? Not so much. Someone needs to explain to him that play-by-play announcing, by definition, involves announcing the plays.

I like Fox, however.

LongIslandZagFan
01-29-2012, 09:24 PM
As a Knick fan... I have a soft spot for Jeff... I'd give a month's salary to hear him be the color guy with Heister for a month... he'd have Heister weeping like a scared school girl in a haunted house in about 1.5 games.

Jeff pulls no punches... love it when he does color... only man I like doing color work more is Walt "Clyde" Fraizer... for any NYer's out the you know what I am talking about.

ZagFanInNC
01-29-2012, 09:33 PM
lol I liked his "that's a good double header? Chicago vs. Washington?"

Yeah, that line is what inspired me to start this thread. He always tells it like it is but that was exceptionally funny.

He would go to town with some of the garbage we hear that never gets called out.

I'd give a month's salary to hear him be the color guy with Heister for a month... he'd have Heister weeping like a scared school girl in a haunted house in about 1.5 games.

+1, This is a fact