PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Stanley

rennis
01-29-2012, 12:35 PM
If you follow golf at all, you may have seen/heard this too. But Stanley is leading the tournament at Torrey Pines (big.) Jim Nantz and Gary McCord were talking about him, and evidently he is a huge Gonzaga Bball fan. Love it!

Kid is from Gig Harbor but played golf at Clemson. Won the Ben Hogan award a couple years ago. Seems pretty classy. Like the average Bulldog fan.

cool stuff!

rijman
01-29-2012, 01:52 PM
I heard it. It's a great day here in San Diego where the tournament is being played and there they were talking Zag basketball. Golf and the Zags, doesn't get much better than that.

BTW- Now that I now Kyle is a Zag fan my respect for him has grown. His golf swing and short game are impressive too.

mtzaga
01-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Stanley just a wedge with too much juice and sucked it back into the water on 18. I hope he can hold on for his first win.

mtzaga
01-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Stanley three-putted for an 8. He's in a playoff with Brandt Snedeker.
That was painful to watch.

rennis
01-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Men's Basketball is definitely not the only sport where big leads are blown.

I feel really bad for the guy.

CaliforniaZaggin'
01-29-2012, 04:17 PM
I heard it. It's a great day here in San Diego where the tournament is being played and there they were talking Zag basketball. Golf and the Zags, doesn't get much better than that.

cheers!

Thomas_Sutpen
01-29-2012, 04:58 PM
I feel really bad for the guy.

$648,000 payout this weekend... not a bad consolation prize.

kclubfounder
01-29-2012, 05:34 PM
I blame his caddy for not insisting he play his shot on 18 ridiculously conservatively. But ultimately he can only blame himself. Tragic. Truly tragic.

rijman
01-29-2012, 06:24 PM
It was tough to watch. On the 72nd hole I like going at the green in 2 when you can reach it easily, get over the water to take it of play, even if you miss the green left or right. The low 3rd shot Kyle hit in there was not the right shot, too much backspin. He needed a higher shot with less spin because backing it into the lake was a very real possibility. Kyle has a good game and hopefully he'll bounce back soon, like Rory did at the U.S. Open last year after choking at the Masters.

KOzag08
01-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Kyle Stanley is a young PGA player from Gig Harbor, WA. He went to Clemson, but grew up a Zag fan. This is his putter ... For anyone who follows golf, he had a 3-stroke lead going into 18 at the Farmer's Open yesterday and ended up losing in a playoff. Really feel bad for the kid; he has a bright future.

https://twitter.com/#!/kylestanleygolf/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyfrog.com%2Fkfswowtj

Ebay
01-30-2012, 10:04 AM
That's awesome. I'm going to try to do that to my putter.

It couldn't make my short game any worse.

zagzilla
01-30-2012, 10:36 AM
That putter cost him the tourney this weekend...

"Stanley three-putted from 45 feet for a triple bogey on his final hole"

Ouch.

ZZ

rennis
01-30-2012, 10:57 AM
That putter cost him the tourney this weekend...

his approach on the 18th is what cost him the tourney.

he was actually putting very well until the playoff holes.

Lurknomore
01-30-2012, 11:03 AM
I was actually rooting for Snedeker....now that I have seen this I am a fan of this kid from now on.

That 18th hole was unbelievable.