PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Switch

fedwayzag
01-26-2012, 10:07 PM
did anyone notice Few switched Big Rob onto Nichols in the second half. rob really shut him down. Great and may I say unusual move by Coach Few. He has done a couple of thing this year out of his comfort zone. Very glad to see it.

raise the zag
01-26-2012, 10:13 PM
great post & point, yet it was most likely a Coach G move.

Its more his style for the half-time adjustments, especially the radical & defensive ones.

He's the defensive-minded coach on this team who decides match-ups and scouts the opponent's offense, thus I feel Ray decided the adjustment since Coach Few openly offers/assigns his Asst coaches full responsibility and this is Coach G's 'area of expertise'.

Coach Few approved, yet given their realm of focus, it was Coach G who made this move.

awberke
01-26-2012, 10:29 PM
did anyone notice Few switched Big Rob onto Nichols in the second half. rob really shut him down. Great and may I say unusual move by Coach Few. He has done a couple of thing this year out of his comfort zone. Very glad to see it.

Rob is a tough defender outside of the paint (did you see him pressing?), and as long as he's not getting beat off the dribble I like the switch also.

kitzbuel
01-27-2012, 02:30 AM
Rob is generally quicker than people think out on the perimeter.

allnet59
01-27-2012, 05:14 AM
Rob is generally quicker than people think out on the perimeter.

Put him on Delly next go around. All kidding aside he did a great job shutting his guy down in the second half. Good over all team win.

adoptedzag
01-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Put him on Delly next go around.

Yeah, cause that worked so well in the MAC last year when Rob was on MM for the last shot of the game ;)

teehee

JPtheBeasta
01-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Yeah, cause that worked so well in the MAC last year when Rob was on MM for the last shot of the game ;)

teehee

Who's Mickey McConnell? That never happened. It didn't. It's just what They want you to think.

awberke
01-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Who's Mickey McConnell? That never happened. It didn't. It's just what They want you to think.

Is this the same They that killed kenny?