Pig
01-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Great minutes by him. Saw some confidence from him. Love to here thoughts

rawkmandale
01-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Best game of the year for him - bohyah!

LongIslandZagFan
01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
A good game doesn't always show in the stats. Thought the boys calmed down and took care of business when he came in at the 3.

BeamerZag
01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
he really is fun to watch when he has his confidence up. Great vision and feel... just needs to stay positive. Wouldn't mind seeing him shoot more 3's as well.

Bocco
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Played a good steady game, hopefully he will continue to do so.

northsidezagfan
01-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Still my favorite player. Loved to see the emotion after his layup and foul. Haven't seen much of that this year. Good game Marquise, keep it up!

allnet59
01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
I really liked the dive in there at the end. Pangos,Bell,Carter,Harris and Sacre. Great chemistry together tonight. Carter looked good never forced anything and made everyone better. Good win.

CaliforniaZaggin'
01-26-2012, 09:21 PM
I like the idea if starting MC over a newcomer in front of a loud, large and hostile crowd at the Marriott Center.

bartruff1
01-26-2012, 09:27 PM
I like the idea if starting MC over a newcomer in front of a loud, large and hostile crowd at the Marriott Center. big games this month....

fedwayzag
01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
He has great court vision and gets it to the right person. If he starts hitting some three's like last year at this time, watch out.

Pig
01-26-2012, 09:38 PM
I completely agree. I think marquise will allow the nerves of the new guys to calm down. He is able to start and give u quality minutes and not give up turnovers in the first 5-10 min it would be huge. Than bring in the newcomers and let them get thier feet wet. It would also give him a chance to prove himself

webspinnre
01-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Loved the confidence he had tonight. Hopefully he can continue it into the stretch run.

JIMMYMAC
01-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Couldn't be happier for MC. I'd really like nothing more than to see him come on strong down the stretch of his senior season. You know this funk has been eating him alive on the inside but he from the outside he has been a class act and always supportive of the new guys through and through.

awberke
01-26-2012, 10:23 PM
He just has the size to make passes over the top. This team does not average many assists and we could use the boost. If he can't take a three when he's open though, that hurts. I would like to see him play more.

NotoriousZ
01-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Pangos, Bell, Carter...worked very well together tonight. MC is BACK.

ZagsGoZags
01-27-2012, 12:33 AM
his feeds into the post, and other passes were sensational

and Harris is passing, looking around, feeding to others
it has made him a Force, more than he used to be
When harris feeds assists, our post is a nightmare for defenses

ZagFanInNC
01-27-2012, 02:16 AM
You guys are funny, this is the first game that he played well all season. Don't get me wrong, I am really glad that he is starting to find it again. I'm not sure about making him a starter after one good game though.

I would like to see him build his confidence a little more before putting pressure on him. His defense isn't nearly as good as Edi and Hart but I like what he can bring off of the bench (when playing well of course).

DCZag
01-27-2012, 03:27 AM
Glad to see him be a factor - hopefully his confidence continues to build and we have the same Quise we had at the end of last season.

gozagswoohoo
01-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Hopefully MarMar is turning it on late again this season, just like last year.

EuroZag2010
01-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Still my favorite player. Loved to see the emotion after his layup and foul. Haven't seen much of that this year. Good game Marquise, keep it up!

I agree! I root for that guy more than anyone on the team. I hope so much for him to get this groove back and be that spark and calming influence on offense and defense for us a year ago. It was great to see him have those assists last night and driving to the basket.

cjm720
01-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Played well, great to see...he can add much.

raise the zag
01-27-2012, 07:40 AM
I really liked his demeanor, decisions, and determination last night.

Actually, he's *looked* much improved overall on the court, really since the St Mary's game...I hope it continues...

We need his minutes and the lineup of Pangos/Bell/Carter in the 2nd half really got us rolling.

bballbeachbum
01-27-2012, 08:21 AM
I really liked his demeanor, decisions, and determination last night.

Actually, he's *looked* much improved overall on the court, really since the St Mary's game...I hope it continues...

We need his minutes and the lineup of Pangos/Bell/Carter in the 2nd half really got us rolling.

he's been giving good minutes for some time, even at SMC, just very limited minutes

Zagsker
01-27-2012, 08:28 AM
You guys are funny, this is the first game that he played well all season. Don't get me wrong, I am really glad that he is starting to find it again. I'm not sure about making him a starter after one good game though.

+1

Zagsker
01-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Hopefully MarMar is turning it on late again this season, just like last year.

good lord, that nickname is almost as bad as Ammo

VinnyZag
01-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Loved to see the emotion after his layup and foul. Haven't seen much of that this year.

I had a revelation after that play about when I find that emotion distasteful versus when I find it positive: He looked at the GU bench when he was doing it. He wasn't disrespecting his opponents or showing anybody up. He was firing up his own guys. I like it.

bballbeachbum
01-27-2012, 08:54 AM
I had a revelation after that play about when I find that emotion distasteful versus when I find it positive: He looked at the GU bench when he was doing it. He wasn't disrespecting his opponents or showing anybody up. He was firing up his own guys. I like it.

great point, and it's actually something we teach our high school kids, both soccer and basketball. Don't give that energy to the other team...keep it in the family baby!

Zag79
01-27-2012, 12:30 PM
he's been giving good minutes for some time, even at SMC, just very limited minutes

+1!!! Hard to be good when your not getting consistent time. Look at David, his numbers worsen the less time he gets. Marquise has the stuff this team is short on at times, good to see him out there getting it done. He was the difference in the crunch last night.