• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

The pointing mystery solved

It was young Sammy Stockton:

Jammin’ for Sam: After slamming home two points in Gonzaga’s 77-60 win over San Diego on Saturday, Sacre ran down court and pointed at someone in the crowd behind the scorer’s table, but it wasn’t, as many thought, a gesture directed at former Zag great John Stockton.

“It was for (John’s son) Sammy, the youngest of the Stocktons,” Sacre said. “Sam, David (Stockton, GU sophomore point guard) and I went to lunch and Sam said, ‘If you dunk it, can you point at me?’ I was like, ‘OK, I’ll do it.’ I promised him.”
    Gonzaga wouldn’t object to closing the first half of the West Coast Conference season the same way it started.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • awberke
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    Such a good guy.

Comment

• Blitzing-Zag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Jan 2011

Thats pretty awesome.
      Gonzaga Class of 2011

Comment

• madness
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

Agreed, stories like this really make Gonzaga unique, likeable and totally cool.

I'm really enjoying Sacre's sports movie-esque season. He is a guy that could seriously dominate any team if he wants. Hope he goes to lunch with the Stocktons before every game from now on!
        You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
        http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

Comment

• hooter73
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2008

A better player maybe, but a better Zag I'm not sure we've every had in Rob Sacre.

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

Rony Turiaf cannot be topped - a man about to have heart surgery says to his former coach (Few was bedside pre-op) that Coach should not worry - "I'll be a good Zag" and went to Secretaries' kids games cannot be topped.

BUT - He can be matched or tied. Rob has met the bar.
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Gray'sAnatomy
              I agree, Turiaf is the ultimate Zag. Rob's a close second though. What a personality. Can you imagine them playing together?
              That could possibly be like crossing streams.
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Working...
              X