sittingon50
01-25-2012, 05:05 PM
BYU survives & wins by 2.

rawkmandale
01-25-2012, 05:05 PM
BYU beats Va Tech 70-68 - their first ever win versus ACC on the road

Baldwinzag
01-25-2012, 05:06 PM
BYU wins @ Va Tech tonight. 70-68. Hokies had chance to win at the buzzer, yet missed the shot. Decent win on the road.

BYU was 21-24 from FT line. Hartsock & Davies are wizards at drawing a foul and both are 75+% FT shooters.

bartruff1
01-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Their guards are weak....but, at least they ran the offense tonight and didn't turn the ball over....I think Gonzaga matches up very well with them...and might even win at Salt Lake...

sittingon50
01-25-2012, 05:22 PM
X loses @ home. They're in trouble.

W. Mich. road woes continue.

Falcons lose by 3.

ND pulling away with 12 to go.

sittingon50
01-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Life on the road is tough folks. 9-10 Okie St. knocks off #2 & 18-1 Mizzou.

BarryBlue4BYU
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Their guards are weak....but, at least they ran the offense tonight and didn't turn the ball over....I think Gonzaga matches up very well with them...and might even win at Salt Lake...

We're not in Salt Lake, Bart.

http://youtu.be/ogaJ0CygjnI?t=13s

VaTech might not be the same team they were 1 year ago when they knocked off the Dukies @ home, but where the East Coast bias thinks there isn't any good basketball being played out West right now, this was a game that needed to be won to help boost the conference's profile.

Not some land-mark or monumental win, but one that if we hope to ensure entrance into the tourney we had to have. Margin for error right now for us is so thin after dropping the game at home to LMU that the only acceptable loss the rest of the way would be up in Spokane, or in the conference tourney final if we made it that far.

Still didn't figure out a solution to our perimeter shooting woes, but managed to eek out that win. Wasn't pretty, but it is a W so I'll take it.

GO BYU!

BB.

bartruff1
01-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Ok...my mistake...but your guards are still weak, wherever they are...

Akzag
01-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Meanwhile, Daye's dropped 28 so far against the Heat ... Pistons up two in the closing minutes

sittingon50
01-25-2012, 05:56 PM
You are correct Barry. That was a game that BYU (& the WCC) needed to win.

Congrats.

sittingon50
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Important win on the road for the Irish.

Saxon_zag
01-25-2012, 06:27 PM
We're not in Salt Lake, Bart.

http://youtu.be/ogaJ0CygjnI?t=13s

VaTech might not be the same team they were 1 year ago when they knocked off the Dukies @ home, but where the East Coast bias thinks there isn't any good basketball being played out West right now, this was a game that needed to be won to help boost the conference's profile.

Not some land-mark or monumental win, but one that if we hope to ensure entrance into the tourney we had to have. Margin for error right now for us is so thin after dropping the game at home to LMU that the only acceptable loss the rest of the way would be up in Spokane, or in the conference tourney final if we made it that far.

Still didn't figure out a solution to our perimeter shooting woes, but managed to eek out that win. Wasn't pretty, but it is a W so I'll take it.

GO BYU!

BB.

Good win for BYU tonight and a nice matchup for a wcc team to get in the middle of conference, glad someone else will do it!

BarryBlue4BYU
01-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Ok...my mistake...but your guards are still weak, wherever they are...

Not sure what has happened to Carlino. Against Pepperdine he didn't score any points and he struggled in the LMU game too.

The kid showed a ton of promise once he was eligible to play, and is slumping now.

Whatever the problem is - it needs to get resolved because there are more important games down the road and guard play is HUGE once you get into the conference and NCAA tourney part of the year.

GO BYU!

BB.

sittingon50
01-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Sparty takes care of business.

sittingon50
01-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Leon's boys hanging tough with UNLV.

siliconzag
01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Just keeps on keepin on. McDermott now a legitimate POY candidate. A very funny cheer from the Drake fans. Doug McDermott at the free throw line, and the Drake students cheer, "You're adopted". clap, clap, clap, clap, clap. Doug was stunned, then irritated and then drained the free throws. (Probably most of you know the coach at Creighton is his dad Greg, who Doug resembles). Grant Gibbs knows where he is and feeds him like a mother does her baby. Winning at Drake is tough, and remember they have wins at Missouri State, and San Diego State as well. Creighton is better than at any time since 1973, when I was there as a Freshman medical student and MDAbe was a junior. Creighton's coach in that era: none other than Eddie Sutton. So glad for both the Jays and Grant Gibbs. Sili

ZagMan in Philly
01-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Leon's boys hanging tough with UNLV.

O.T..Go Broncos.

sittingon50
01-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Tough loss.

ZagsGoZags
01-25-2012, 09:50 PM
tough loss, who lost?
Leon's boys or UNLV

sittingon50
01-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Bsu.

bartruff1
01-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Not sure what has happened to Carlino. Against Pepperdine he didn't score any points and he struggled in the LMU game too.

The kid showed a ton of promise once he was eligible to play, and is slumping now.

Whatever the problem is - it needs to get resolved because there are more important games down the road and guard play is HUGE once you get into the conference and NCAA tourney part of the year.

GO BYU!

BB. For all his athletic skills, he appears to be a bone head. His skinny butt will be sitting next to Rose if he keeps jacking up three's 5 seconds into the clock, especially when they are so good at positioning and scoring in the key. On the other hand, if he (they) are making them....!!! The bald guy is money, but the fornicator will have a tought time against Sacre.

RenoZag
01-26-2012, 06:10 AM
"the fornicator" ? Really ? That's beneath you, bart

raise the zag
01-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Very pleased with BYU winning @ Va Tech.

Good for WCC. Good for RPI. Good for all.

Helps the cause.

Now, who in God's name is going to slow down Noah Hartsock? The guy is so crafty in the paint and one of the most efficient players in all the land. Plus, the guy is playing for his wife & kids...

Davies is also a genius at drawing fouls -- averaging the most FT shots in conference by nearly two-fold.

bartruff1
01-26-2012, 07:11 AM
"the fornicator" ? Really ? That's beneath you, bart...hey...it takes one to know one...I didn't intend it as a pajorative. If Jimmer was only scoring on the court he was missing out on a historical opportunity !!!......not prudent...

bartruff1
01-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Very pleased with BYU winning @ Va Tech.

Good for WCC. Good for RPI. Good for all.

Helps the cause.

Now, who in God's name is going to slow down Noah Hartsock? The guy is so crafty in the paint and one of the most efficient players in all the land. Plus, the guy is playing for his wife & kids...

Davies is also a genius at drawing fouls -- averaging the most FT shots in conference by nearly two-fold. Noah will get his ( hey, the honor code doesn't apply here)....If Sacre doesn't get in foul trouble, he will be a unmovable object for Davies... I am really curious who Few will put Bell on ?? I don't think it is a given who it will be.... I don't like BYU at all, the team, the fans...the whole ball of wax...I hope when they leave the WCC , they are bleeding and humiliated...they are using us and if you can believe their board they have nothing but contempt for the WCC...

DixieZag
01-26-2012, 08:22 AM
I agree that all visible evidence is that BYU fans (except for the 3 or so that post here) all feel above this silly little conference that any functioning BYU could run without a loss - except for Gonzaga, they always note that a loss at Gonzaga would be acceptible - but only b/c in their pointy little heads, GU is the only team "worthy" of their competition.

I don't want to be associated with belittling Davies - he signed up for an honor code, then fessed up when he broke it. I will state that if there was a similar honor code at GU we would have no "players" to dress, both figuratively and literally. I am sure we would show up, somehow, probably be a particulary ugly - nerdy team.

Kiddwell
01-26-2012, 09:00 AM
The bald guy is money, but the fornicator will have a tought time against Sacre.

Funny comment. But, yes, Kiddwell can also relate...with both guys.*

:]

*Kiddwell confesses, Jesus! He confesses! :o

bartruff1
01-26-2012, 09:18 AM
They have a institutional red shirt system....doesn't even need to use up scholarships....like nine year old's holler...." That's not fair "...... 8-10 year olds have a hightened sense of fairness...probably as a result of natural selection ....as that was the age when the baby birds try to push their siblings out of the nest !!

HillBillyZag
01-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I really hope some good BYU fan recognizes you and gives you the attitude adjustment you so richly deserve. For my money you're just another BIGOT.

bartruff1
01-26-2012, 12:49 PM
and I was just starting to like hillbillies...just the sound of dueling banjoys gets me excited....well, bring it on...I look exactly like WooHoo...

bartruff1
01-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Funny comment. But, yes, Kiddwell can also relate...with both guys.*

:]

*Kiddwell confesses, Jesus! He confesses! :o Apparently some people take offense at the term " fornicator ".....I don't know why, it is a fact (isn't it) , I don't consider it a sin , look it up, it is voluntary. Now, it was a goal of mine, ney a obsession, for a least a couple decades, including my time at Gonzaga. I didn't consider or intend it to be a insult or judgemental. Now the bald stuff, that was never a goal of mine...so....yes....I will apologize for that unfortunate and less than flattering description. I will repeat that I do not like BYU in the conference, not because they Mormons but because they have no intention of staying in the conference and their fans have no respect for the conference.. they are using us...but...it is voluntary. It makes me feel like a ####... I feel so dirty....ok

Vanzagger
01-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Well at least you are consistent.

BYU is just waiting for the football fall out. That's what pays the bills. One more reason why the Zags better kick it into high gear now! Other wise some one like Kentucky's coach is going to convince some committee that only BCS players should get paid.

Where does that leave us?

BarryBlue4BYU
01-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Noah will get his ( hey, the honor code doesn't apply here)....If Sacre doesn't get in foul trouble, he will be a unmovable object for Davies... I am really curious who Few will put Bell on ?? I don't think it is a given who it will be.... I don't like BYU at all, the team, the fans...the whole ball of wax...I hope when they leave the WCC , they are bleeding and humiliated...they are using us and if you can believe their board they have nothing but contempt for the WCC...

I'm sorry that BYU's entrance into the WCC effectively ruined your life as a fan.

GO BYU!

BB.

bartruff1
01-26-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry that BYU's entrance into the WCC effectively ruined your life as a fan.

GO BYU!

BB. Having a very sucessful program like BYU has made the season a lot more fun....a lot more interesting...I very much enjoy watching them play and I am very impressed with the quality of the press in the Salt Lake area and their Television network...I hope you are enjoying the season as well ...my concern would be the BYU fans are feeling cheated being in this micky mouse conference with the high school gyms....do you think BYU will be here 5 years from now or are they looking for greener pastures...? And of course, I hope we destroy them..

bigblahla
01-27-2012, 05:22 AM
I am enjoying this season ...I hope you are as well...my fear would be the BYU fans are feeling cheated being in this micky mouse conference with the high school gyms....do you think BYU will be here 5 years from now or are they looking for greener pastures...?

bart,

Although the fan base has an air and error about them the folks that plot the course for BYU are on a mission, no pun intended.

It's not just about football it's about the ability to independently broadcast their message into millions of homes using football to open the door. It's not the games for the faithful it's the games against other teams whose fans end up watching BYU TV who might be looking for something else in their life and become enamored with the message they hear on BYU TV. Think conversions and you might see the larger picture.

I doubt GU basketball has brought anyone to convert to the Catholic church but being able to reach millions through your own TV channel being broadcast on almost every cable system in the country that's worth moving into what their fan base could perceive as a step back but in reality was a decision to unload the weight of the MWC on what BYU wanted to do as far as broadcasting on their own network.

Why didn't they move to Big 12 or the Big Least? Restrictions imposed by each conference on what BYU could and could not do. Giving up the independence wasn't worth the move.

I expect them to be around for some time, no reason to move.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

bartruff1
01-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Well, I know this , as a fan, St Mary's and SF et al, are proud of the WCC and they are committed to it and they will likely be here 25 years from now. They have no agenda, hidden or otherwise. If I would hear the same kind of committement from BYU, that would have a positive effect on my attitude toward them. To this point, I haven't heard that. And in any case, as a fan of Gonzaga and the WCC , I hope we humiliate them whether they stay or go.....it is what it is... having them here has made the season that much more fun....and I am very happy to have this extra spice to the season...