PDA

View Full Version : More on the Battle In Seattle matchup

CDC84
07-11-2007, 02:53 PM
From Gary Parrish's blog at CBS Sportsline:

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/parrish_thoughts

It was announced last week that Gonzaga and Tennessee will play this season in Seattle. It's a good match-up, no doubt, but it wasn't supposed to be this way. According to Gonzaga coach Mark Few, the Zags initially planned to play Georgetown in Seattle. But the Hoyas opted not to agree to that proposed deal so they could instead sign a four-year series with Memphis that will start this season at FedExForum. So with that off the table Gonzaga worked a deal to bring Tennessee to Seattle, and the Zags will return the game with a trip to Knoxville in 2008-09.

Parrish could be wrong about the return game being played in Knoxville....I don't know if he got that bit directly from Few. It is unlikely that GU would agree to the series unless the return game were played off campus....like at the Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville.

wazZag
07-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Georgetown would have been a great game too, with Hibbert back. I'll take Tennessee though. :)

BobZag
07-11-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm hearing Nashville, CDC. Nashville, Knoxville, I can see getting the two mixed up.

GonzagaLove
07-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Hibbert vs. Foster?!

NJZag
07-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Georgetown would have been a great game too, with Hibbert back. I'll take Tennessee though. :)

Yup. :( I'd even lined up an (un)official Pimper of Great Seats in Seattle. :D But when the pre-season #1 comes calling for a series, the "Son" doesn't go running in search of St. Leo's. ;)