PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs San Diego Predictions/Thoughts

Reborn
01-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Let's keep the win streak going. We got two now!

Gonzaga 80
San Diego 62

This is going to be the first time the Zags hit 80 since the Portland game. It will be nice to see some scoring for a change. I also feel its been awhile since the Zags have been really hot from the outside so Im going with the Zag fans getting free burgers after the game tomorrow night. Go Zags!!!

Its about time for an offensive explosion in K2. Maybe that will bring some fans back into the fold. I hope Landry-Edi continues his very good 3 point shooting tomorrow night and is joined by Pangos, Stockton, Bell, Monninghoff and Harris. Hey why not throw in Hart and Carter?

Because there has been so many negative thoughts about Robert, Im going to predict he is the player of the game tomorrow. He will be up and ready.

Kiddwell
01-20-2012, 11:23 PM
(1) Like to see more of Keita in this game. He's added a lot of E & E (energy, enthusiasm). (2) Also like what Landry-Edi brought last game. Hope more of that is in store against USD. (3) Keep an eye pealed for USD's Johnny Dee -- no, not Dee's "D," rather his "O." (4) USD at home lost to SMC by only six (78-72). What Kiddwell takes from that fact is that SMC is vulnerable away from the friendly confines of their home court.

:]

jim77
01-21-2012, 01:27 AM
More Kieta please......Zags 87 SD 71 Less Kieta Zags 75 SD 68

LongIslandZagFan
01-21-2012, 07:34 AM
USD 140
Zags 42

Poor coaching and silly rotations doom the Zags.

FlyZag
01-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Bulldogs -71
Bullfighters - 61

NEC26
01-21-2012, 07:58 AM
USD 140
Zags 42

Lizf are you now the purveyor of DOOOOOM? :)

GoZags
01-21-2012, 08:24 AM
USD 140
Zags 42

While I agree with your comment(s) -- personally -- I think the Zags will keep it a little closer. After all, it's a home game and the Zags haven't lost at home by 98 since the Monson/Few era began in '97.

DCZag
01-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Zags by 15+

CaliforniaZaggin'
01-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Lightning doesn't strike twice for USD on its roadie. Zags take an early lead and cruise. Hope to see extended minutes for Hoff or MK tonight.

BayAreaZag
01-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Zags 76
San Diego 53

DADoZAG
01-21-2012, 09:36 AM
I hope Landry-Edi continues…

…to get minutes. I agree, Reborn, that the play of GL-E was key to Thursday’s win. Early in the week I posted some concern about Guy, and he put me to shame against the Dons. Sure, he had a couple of bone head plays, but he’s getting better. The game is slowing down for him. Re-watching this morning, there were stretches where Guy was everywhere on one play. He can really make this team better and I continue to believe he’s got what it takes to fill the hole at the three.

‘Haven’t seen San Diego play, so I won’t try and predict the score. While the ZAGS should win convincingly, there are some concerns.

I haven’t seen any mention of it on the MBB, and couldn’t even after doing a search, but GB2 tweaked a knee Thursday night at about the 2:00 minute mark of the first half. It was obvious if you were at the game, but not if you watched on TV. Of course the talking heads for ESPN didn’t catch it either, too busy watching Pangos on a fast break.

He left the court limping badly, and Jennifer spent a few minutes working on it. He did return before the end of the half, but really didn’t look all that aggressive the rest of the game, going 0-1 from the floor. He did hit 4 of 4 charities, but still.

I’m not sure if it was the same knee he tweaked in the Illinois game, but I’m going to be watching his cuts closely tonight.

A concern gained from watching my Tivo version this morning, was how badly the bigs are helped by the guards when the ball drops into the post and the double or triple team shows up. The perimeter players just stand there and watch. It happened over and over. For heaven’s sake, guards, move and make yourself obvious for the kick out!

Again, ZAGS win, but there's still a lot of things to improve on.

Go ZAGS!

rijman
01-21-2012, 01:18 PM
The last time the Zags played USD was 2/26/11 at USD, Zags won 68-31. I was there, USD's offensive performance was offensive, the worst I ever witnessed in person by a Div 1 team. On top of that I had a Zag lady fan behind me yelling DEFENSE and other defense related encouragement the entire game. She was LOUD, relentless and seemingly unaware of how well the Zags defense was actually playing, if we give the Zags credit for USD's inept offense. USD seems to be playing better now and I hope they don't continue to hit the 3's at a 70%+ clip or we could have our hands full.

gamagin
01-21-2012, 01:39 PM
and hope everyone gets some p.t. and we are treated to some good offensive sets and execution.

Saxon_zag
01-21-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm calling for more Carter this game. NEeds to pull the trigger and see a 3 go through, his court vision and passing helps this team regardless