PDA

View Full Version : It's Mönninghoff Time!

bigblahla
01-20-2012, 02:47 PM
C'mon coach give the kid a run.

MM is playing good "D" seems to be in the offensive flow and looks good at the three to me.

What say ye Zaggies is it time for MM? :D

Go!! Zags!!!

Ezag
01-20-2012, 02:50 PM
More MM please! I would like to also have seen some Keita action

JPtheBeasta
01-20-2012, 02:52 PM
C'mon coach give the kid a run.

MM is playing good "D" seems to be in the offensive flow and looks good at the three to me.

What say ye Zaggies is it time for MM? :D

Go!! Zags!!!

Landry out-Hoffed the Hoff yesterday, but I generally agree. I'm a Hoff fan though, so I might not see it as objectively as some on this one.

kclubfounder
01-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Was his D really solid last night? That is not a rhetorical question.

He only was given 4 minutes, and his only shot was a sweet 3. Why was he not given more minutes? I truly wonder.

A) I don't have access to the coaches tape that would allow me to watch his every move.

B) If I did have access, I'm not knowledgeable enough to be able to truly determine if he is doing what he should be doing on defense.

C) Additionally, I don't know if he is doing everything he is supposed to be doing off the ball on offense.

My guess is that he is lacking rather significantly somewhere, because I believe that Few would love a 3-point shooting assassin to play more minutes otherwise.

Lurknomore
01-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Interesting no Keita last night either after something like 20 minutes the other night?

DixieZag
01-20-2012, 03:27 PM
I think that his appearance had a lot to do with the fact that we had a lot of bigs with 2 fouls early in the first half. With Spangler out for a spell, Hoff is a good guy off the bench to provide some rebounding, shooting etc. At the time, I think they were playing some zone, maybe not, but his length can help. I thought he played good D, he got called on a touch foul as his guy tried to get to the baseline.

With Spangler out, we may see a little more of Hoff. He has good hands, doesn't turn it over a lot, really gets after rebounds and, as everyone knows, can stick a jump shot. I like the way he has been playing lately.

Marconi
01-20-2012, 03:34 PM
I thought MM showed good hustle last night on defense and that was a sweet 3 pointer.

I vote for seeing him play more.

jim77
01-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd like to see more Hoff also.

I'm really surprised we didn't Kieta. We could have used his length and vision to get the ball up court....USF absolutely smothered our guards...and we did not handle it very well. Other teams are watching and know they can smother our smaller guards....we need to get Kieta more playing time. Had USF not choked on the oppurtunites they created with our ball bungling....we could have blown that game.....USF plays hard.

sonuvazag
01-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Objective: Add evidence to support discussion here.

Method: At some point in the season, for one game...
1) The fans accept win or loss
2) The coaches play the back-end of the bench

Because we need to be able to support or reject these hypotheses... seriously, we do.

Vanzagger
01-20-2012, 04:06 PM
to see the love of length. He's not the only one who could help us come march. Play guys in their right position. Quise and Bell are not 3's. At least when you get out of the kiddie league. Few does because he can. Doesn't help the big picture though.

It might be too late. We have already expended way to much time with our cute line up. David, Pangos, and GBJ/Quise.

Few likes to be able to look his QB's in the eye i guess. Pangos at the 2 = no wins come 2nd weekend. Be sweet to be wrong, cause it looks like Few can't help himself.

bigblahla
01-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Hoff seems to be in the game when he's on the court. In limited action his "D" is visibly better. He's hustling, give him 4-5min in the first half and let merit earn time in the second half.

Just my opinion.

go!! Zags!!!

awberke
01-20-2012, 06:11 PM
I actually agree, i wouldn't have said so last year. In the time i have seen him out there he has been hustling, and doing stuff other than just standing in the corner. I think his defense has also improved, he has good size as well.

I think 3 spot minutes should be:
GLE-20min (starting) with the ability to add a few to MM on down nights
MM- 12 min
Hart- 8 min

Coach Crazy
01-20-2012, 07:34 PM
You don't need Hoff out there anymore than 4 or 5 minutes on the average. Perhaps a little more than that here or there.

awberke
01-20-2012, 07:46 PM
You don't need Hoff out there anymore than 4 or 5 minutes on the average. Perhaps a little more than that here or there.

4 minutes puts way too much pressure on the player to come in and produce. For him that's like 1 shot attempt.

Zagsker
01-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Few baffles me sometimes

Few-"what is Moninghoff shooting?:

Olynk-"he is 1 for 1 from deep coach"

Few-"pull em..I will be damned if he goes 2 for 2"

zaguarxj
01-21-2012, 07:12 AM
That looked like pretty good D when MM got called for a blocking foul on the baseline. Should've been a turnover when the SF player stepped out of bounds.

EuroZag2010
01-21-2012, 09:20 AM
I actually agree, i wouldn't have said so last year. In the time i have seen him out there he has been hustling, and doing stuff other than just standing in the corner. I think his defense has also improved, he has good size as well.

I think 3 spot minutes should be:
GLE-20min (starting) with the ability to add a few to MM on down nights
MM- 12 min
Hart- 8 min

Ill buy it, Hart has been great and love seeing him on the floor but his inability to score hurts us. I hope Thursdays game was Guy's coming out party and he can average 9pts or so for us.

U Zig, I Zag
01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Ill buy it, Hart has been great and love seeing him on the floor but his inability to score hurts us. I hope Thursdays game was Guy's coming out party and he can average 9pts or so for us.

When Edi hit those shots and then MM came in downed one, and yes, played better D (the baseline block wasn't there, the offensive player went out of bounds) I realized that Hart's minutes will be less and less. Edi started the 2nd half.

My guess is that Few tries Edi at the tip this game, instead of off the bench. Hart won't care, he will do whatever coach asks of him.

El Zag
01-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Maybe Moon. M's Mom and Dad will be there too.

Coach Crazy
01-21-2012, 12:31 PM
4 minutes puts way too much pressure on the player to come in and produce. For him that's like 1 shot attempt.

If that is too much pressure, then I don't see how more time is going to help. He's not out there to get plays drawn up for him. He is there to log some minutes, and sit in spots where the defense is least likely to complete their help rotation. If he gets a shot, he takes it...if not, "Good minutes kid, maybe next time."

DCZag
01-21-2012, 12:36 PM
There are a lot of posters on here who are infatuated with MM and MK - I like the potential they possess, but playing time is earned; look at GBJ and Pangos

MDABE80
01-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I's let Edi Do the tip. He can touch the top of the backboard. Just a thought...

jim77
01-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Heres an interesting lineup.....Pangos....Kieta....Edi....E....Rob. Pangos is our #1 guard(and GBJ is a close second...stocks is good too) and can create with a pass or drive....Kieta is a pretty good passer and can attck the rim....Edi can attack the rim....E...can attack the rim...Rob is Rob. This is also a good defensive lineup with good length....perfect for the 3 barrage that is bound to come today. Also, Pangos..edi..."E" can all bomb 3's. I know the coach doesn't this much lack of experience on the court at the same time but, it not like we've look experienced in the last few games. If we make the dance...we will eventually have to put a lineup out there that compete physically. I really wanna see how Kieta and Pangos operate together. Sounds like GBJ needs to rest the knee anyways. If we can experiment against SD..we can't experiment against anybody.

Coach Crazy
01-21-2012, 01:27 PM
There are a lot of posters on here who are infatuated with MM and MK - I like the potential they possess, but playing time is earned; look at GBJ and Pangos

Shhhh...no need for such solid reasoning here! If you don't think that MM is All-World, you must not be a true fan of this team! I heard he likes feeding stray puppies, for goodness sake...stray puppies!!! Clearly he is deserving of not only minutes, but starting and getting to take 30 shots a game, just sayin! STRAY PUPPIES!

bigblahla
01-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Shhhh...no need for such solid reasoning here! If you don't think that MM is All-World, you must not be a true fan of this team! I heard he likes feeding stray puppies, for goodness sake...stray puppies!!! Clearly he is deserving of not only minutes, but starting and getting to take 30 shots a game, just sayin! STRAY PUPPIES!

CC, A little over the top wouldn't you say? Is what you've posted above a sample of your solid reasoning?

DC as to your comments; Are you saying you have seen no improvement in Hoff and he deserves no PT?

Just wondering the reasoning behind both of your posts.

Go!! Zags!!!

Coach Crazy
01-21-2012, 06:57 PM
CC, A little over the top wouldn't you say? Is what you've posted above a sample of your solid reasoning?

DC as to your comments; Are you saying you have seen no improvement in Hoff and he deserves no PT?

Just wondering the reasoning behind both of your posts.

Go!! Zags!!!

Umm...you do understand the sentiment of the post, correct? It was over the top for a purpose. It obviously doesn't reflect my true feelings. I figured that the objective of the post was pretty self-explanatory. Wow.

Rio Runner
01-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Monninghoff is a one-trick pony who just stands on the perimeter and occasionally launches a 3. I'd rather have anyone else out on the court.

awberke
01-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Monninghoff is a one-trick pony who just stands on the perimeter and occasionally launches a 3. I'd rather have anyone else out on the court.

That's one less person slapping at rob when the post gets fed. Nobody leaves him open for very long. He's also quite tall, giving us some added length if we need it. As opposed to the stocks, pangos, bell trio.

LongIslandZagFan
01-22-2012, 08:28 AM

Wouldn't go that far... I think MM's defense has improved since last year. He definitely has a better feel for the system than MK when he is out there. I think he just needs to keep making strides on the defensive side and occasionally attack the hoop to keep defenders honest. But awberke is right... when he is in there... he certainly limits the ability of the opposing D to focus solely on Rob or EH in the paint.

Thomas_Sutpen
01-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Heres an interesting lineup.....Pangos....Kieta....Edi....E....Rob. .... I really wanna see how Kieta and Pangos operate together.

Seriously? You would start Kieta over GBJ? Bell is the superior player by every possible measuring stick. Bell should be getting Pangos minutes (i.e., 35+).

Sounds like GBJ needs to rest the knee anyways. If we can experiment against SD..we can't experiment against anybody.

The knee? Do you mean the knee he twisted in November that hardly bothered him? Or is there some new injury of which I am unaware?

Vanzagger
01-22-2012, 05:33 PM

You are a freak. Championships I'm sure.

I'm gonna give you a hint. MM would never have to hit another 3 and he would give us a better chance to win 3 games in the tourney then Stock could ever dream of.

Rio Runner
01-22-2012, 06:28 PM
You are a freak. Championships I'm sure.

I'm gonna give you a hint. MM would never have to hit another 3 and he would give us a better chance to win 3 games in the tourney then Stock could ever dream of.

I respect your opinion Mrs. Monninghoff.

awberke
01-22-2012, 07:03 PM
I respect your opinion Mrs. Monninghoff.

:clap: