PDA

View Full Version : Billy's 3-Point Shooting Show coming to town

BobZag
01-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Billy's boys shot something like 14 of 19 from beyond the arc vs Portland and now they're coming to K2.

Just a wee bit of advice to Zags: Guard the effing three unless you're scared ####less of Manresa inside.

Thank you. That is all.

ZagAddict
01-20-2012, 09:09 AM
It was a game like this last year that changed the conference standings and provided another conference championship for GU... ala USD beating SMC. Don't lose focus on this one... protect home court Zags and move onto the 2nd half of conference play 7-1.

sittingon50
01-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Bob will be giving the scouting report to the team today at practice. Thanks!

:lmao:

Billy (& Kyle's) boys have been playing much better of late. They had to take the air out of the ball last year but not so much now.

BZ, while you're at it, in a related matter please also remind the KC that they will have to bring it.

DixieZag
01-20-2012, 09:15 AM
I saw that score and was really taken aback.

Portland has risen from the dead and had some good home wins, I expected them to have little trouble against USD. Then to see the score, wow.

Might be a good idea to not let ourselves be over confident for the rest of the year, this team is not good enough to just show up against anyone. San Diego is coming in with LITERALLY nothing to lose, they will probably play loose and have fun, little bit scary after watching us last night.

Zag4Hire
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Billy's boys shot something like 14 of 19 from beyond the arc vs Portland and now they're coming to K2.

Just a wee bit of advice to Zags: Guard the effing three unless you're scared ####less of Manresa inside.

Thank you. That is all.

Manresa? Still around. Wow. More of a decoration piece than a real threat like a Gyno Pomare.

zagfan1970
01-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Manresa? Still around. Wow. More of a decoration piece than a real threat like a Gyno Pomare.

We make decorations look like future Hall of Famers on occasion- i.e. Where's WALDO?

rennis
01-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Where's WALDO?

Doing Delly's laundry.

Zag4Hire
01-20-2012, 09:34 AM
We make decorations look like future Hall of Famers on occasion- i.e. Where's WALDO?

I think the Zags prepared for everybody BUT Waldow. Props to him because he hustled out there in the block. I can't imagine Few would allow that the 2nd time around. If anything, Zags seem to do well most of the time containing the stars (I will never forget the lockdown on Hansbrough). Usually the one who performs well has an axe to grind like a Pariseau, Samhan, etc.

Thomas_Sutpen
01-20-2012, 09:39 AM
San Diego is coming in with LITERALLY nothing to lose

Um, I think it's possible they have the game to lose. They might also lose their momentum, self-respect, confidence, or maybe even their keys. :)

DixieZag
01-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Um, I think it's possible they have the game to lose. They might also lose their momentum, self-respect, confidence, or maybe even their keys. :)

True, except for the fact that no one on earth honestly expects them to win, so if they just play hard and have fun - - they can let the chips fall where they may. If they play hard they can respect themselves and have confidence - - they probably took a bus, keys not a problem, someone will drive a plane home for them - he will have keys. :adored:

caduceus
01-20-2012, 11:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2zCJI.jpg
Flaming Death!

raise the zag
01-20-2012, 11:09 AM
I like me some Johnny Dee.

Johnny Be Good!

A Pangos clone, folks. Same size, build, game, shot, etc. Really excited to watch this PG battle b/w two future frosh stars in the WCC and their respective teams.

Really impressed by him. A nifty, smart, elusive, leader for USD.

gamagin
01-20-2012, 11:10 AM

Thank you. That is all.

Ed Zachary !

gonstu
01-20-2012, 11:11 AM
who made all these shots? i've seen them twice in person this year and both games there has been great hesitance from any one other than "Johnny Dee" (sp?) to even attempt a 3-pointer. But I've only seen two games, not sure what their normal game plan looks like.

DixieZag
01-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Doing Delly's laundry.

No one does Delly's laundry. Including Delly. I thought that was self-evident. The guy is an offensive genius, has trouble with modern notions of hygiene and style.

sittingon50
01-20-2012, 05:49 PM
His other "offensive" genius is simply not doing his laundry, Dixie. :)

RenoZag
01-20-2012, 06:18 PM
No one does Delly's laundry. Including Delly. I thought that was self-evident. The guy is an offensive genius, has trouble with modern notions of hygiene and style.

You need to make up your mind, Dixie:

Dellevedova was the best player on the floor tonight, he might be the best player in the conference, perhaps we should focus less on how he looks and more on his game.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showpost.php?p=726463&postcount=17

DixieZag
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
You need to make up your mind, Dixie:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showpost.php?p=726463&postcount=17

Good lord, even I can't keep track of what I am saying. Reno you have an incredible memory. Touche though.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I might even get an extra ticket thrown at me from the fam, hope to see a great effort. Better effort than me on the Boards.

RenoZag
01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Aw, Dixie, I'm just givin' ya some good natured grief. . .it's not an inquisition. . .

DixieZag
01-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Aw, Dixie, I'm just givin' ya some good natured grief. . .it's not an inquisition. . .

And I took it in the spirit intended, love it when I outsmart myself.

And the funny thing was that I was absolutely sworn to simply respecting the kid's game for the rest of the year - - but that one was just sitting there on a tee, I had to hit it! . . . doing Delly's laundry? Are you kidding me? Dirt would have lofted that into the upper deck, while noting that that foul smell around him was burnt Zag.

RenoZag
01-20-2012, 07:16 PM
No stones cast here. . .I have done my share of picking on Omar Samhan. . .

DixieZag
01-20-2012, 07:35 PM
No stones cast here. . .I have done my share of picking on Omar Samhan. . .

Yeah, well - He is a "whole nuther level". . . any rival player that desperately wants to be hated. . . I am more than happy to cooperate. It was actually kind of nice seeing him sitting at the SMC "gym" watching the game and not somewhere being PAID to play.

Zagsker
01-20-2012, 08:44 PM
...but Portland sucks