PDA

View Full Version : Satisfying to beat the Dons

MickMick
01-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Love beating that team. How long has it been since a sweep? Zags are due.

USF plays hard on defense and has a quick little guard that can penetrate. Other than that, nothing to write home about. They are also a turnover prone bunch. For as smart as they play defensively, they are clueless on offense. They take a lot of contested or otherwise bad shots.

They look no better than a 6 seed for the conference tournament.

MDABE80
01-20-2012, 12:40 AM
USF hasn't won at GU since Feb, 1989...startling isn't it? No wonder DonsCentral hates GU. I didn't know that USF has won but 3 total games in that stretch. Owned!!

TheGonzagaFactor
01-20-2012, 10:05 AM
USF is awful, we played a terrible game and still blew them out. I'll be happy when we beat them down there. They are a horrendous basketball team, though.

Zag4Hire
01-20-2012, 10:39 AM
USF hasn't won at GU since Feb, 1989

I had tickets to that game but due to the Stasi confiscating my papers, I couldn't get across Checkpoint Charlie to catch my flight out of Berlin.

rennis
01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
They are a horrendous basketball team, though.

I've seen worse this year, but offensively I agree with you. I doubt Walters is coaching them to make those kind of mistakes, but dribbling into double- or triple-teams is just silly offense.

zagitarious
01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Dons arent impressed with this years Zag edition..

http://members4.boardhost.com/donscentral/msg/1327039385.html

DCZag
01-20-2012, 04:34 PM

Whatever - NEXT!!!

Zag Man
01-20-2012, 06:14 PM

I thought this was a pretty fair assessment of some of the players. We were careless with the ball during most of the USF game and will not beat a good team doing that. We are at our very best when our defense is tight and we are forcing bad shots by our opponents! Against a good team, we have to cherish the basketball and get clean shots at the rim. We might have made excuses for players because they were young regarding turnovers, but half the season is now over! It's time to man up play our best basketball!

zagmantis2001
01-20-2012, 06:34 PM
A bunch of old crabby farts yelling "Get off my lawn". Good theater.

sittingon50
01-20-2012, 07:16 PM
known to kill brain cells.

JAGzag
01-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Holy cow, have you checked that thread? Who is "Dons Central" and why is he such a jackass? Abe, you must have pissed in the guys Cheerios b/c he is apparently stalking the hell out of you! I'm no psychologist, but his infatuation with stalking members of this board is down right psychotic. And he's running that board? Wow. You stay classy, USF.

Zagsker
01-20-2012, 09:33 PM

good lord there are some other teams board setups that just suck arse...the Dons being one of them

zagmantis2001
01-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I'd really like to meet him just to see if he matches the picture in my head. I'm thinking suspenders, white shirt, gray hair, perpetual scowl and smells like soup. He sure hates a bunch of folks over here.

Virginia Zags Fan
01-21-2012, 09:31 AM
I thought this was a pretty fair assessment of some of the players. We were careless with the ball during most of the USF game and will not beat a good team doing that. We are at our very best when our defense is tight and we are forcing bad shots by our opponents! Against a good team, we have to cherish the basketball and get clean shots at the rim. We might have made excuses for players because they were young regarding turnovers, but half the season is now over! It's time to man up play our best basketball!

Agreed. If we do not play better in San Fran than we did in Spokane, they will
run their win streak to 3 against us at home.

zagitarious
01-21-2012, 03:05 PM
A bunch of old crabby farts yelling "Get off my lawn". Good theater.

We thought 2nd place syndrome was bad (SMC) .....