PDA

View Full Version : Bell's recent offensive growth

maynard g krebs
01-18-2012, 12:56 PM
We've all noticed the growth in GBJ's game in the last couple weeks on the offensive side. The numbers verify it, and the improvement so far is pretty impressive.

In 13 noncon games, he averaged 8.3. In the 1st 4 conf games, he is averaging 13.0, and has set or tied his career high in 3 of the 4 games. He shot 35-78 in nonconf (45%), and is 20-36 (56%) in conf. 3 pt shooting: 18-45 (40%) nonconf; 7-14 (50%) conf. Assists: 1.3 apg nonconf, 2.8 apg in conf.

It's really neat to see him going to the basket decisively as he's doing now. And I think he's just scratching the surface of that part of his game. But the best thing might be the doubling of his previous assist average as he gets in the paint more and more.

Zag@LMU
01-18-2012, 02:58 PM
cool stats thanks

DixieZag
01-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I think that some of his production is coming b/c teams ALL heard about Pangos hitting 9 treys in his second college game and therefore, Pangos has been harassed by the opponent's best defender.

Not to say that Bell doesn't have unlimited potential, but what I see coming is that opponents are going to realize that it is a two headed monster in our back court and they can pick their poison, Pangos or Bell. If they focus on one more than the other, it will be the "off" guys duty to pick up the scoring while the other draws the defense.

Isn't Bell's 3 pt shooting percentage higher than Pangos, right now? All that I know is that there is so much similar and complimentary about their game, both can hit the straight up 3, both can drive and score, both can shoot mid-range. I hope that the coaches start putting more and more offensive sets in for the two guards. It will benefit the team if the big men are not the "go to" always anywhere anytime scoring option.