PDA

View Full Version : Next Years Point Distribution

sdzag
07-11-2007, 09:53 AM
With a look at last years stats from the perspective of next years crew the points should be easy to come by!

I just assumed the starting 5 for next year will be (at least at the start):
Matt, Josh, Pargo, Micah, and Kuso or Pendo (Only because it’s Few’s style to start seniors)
I used Kuso because he naturally fits the 5 five better and easier on the math.

To reach last years average of 79 points:

Bench: The players left plus Mallon (Who I think will be equal to incoming freshman) including Pendo averaged 21 points, but probably more this year.

Starting Five
Bouldin: When playing over 30 minutes averaged 13 pts per game. Increased minutes should keep his points up here.

Downs: Last 7 games when he got into the system averaged 13 points and 6 rebs.

Josh: Solid 16 points and 8 boards. Higher if he didn’t goose egg UVA.

Kuso: Garbage 5 ppg

Pargo: averaged 12 points last year. Inconsistent, 1/3 of the games last year didn’t hit double digit points but still averaged 12.

Without improving the totals are

Bench: 21
Bouldin: 13
Downs: 13
Kuso: 5
Josh: 16
Pargo: 12
Total: 80

Now take in Matt’s Training, Micah’s familiarity of the Offence, Pargo’s crazy development, and Josh’s need to get this drug issue out of the minds of scouts. We should be having no problem scoring points; the only issue will be finding the shots. Ray G, we need turnovers so we can get our guys enough looks!

omahazag
07-11-2007, 10:08 AM
What did Pendo average the last 1/3 of the season? I imagine the scoring should be close to the same this year, although, Pargo will average 15+ a game.

jpwils
07-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Heytvelt 17
Downs 16
Pargo 14
Bouldin 12
Pendergraft 10
Kuso 6
Davis 6
Daye 6
Foster 3
Sacre 4

Daye and Davis may do better, some starters worse.
Brown will also score some.

Zags-Bsee
07-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Heytvelt 17
Downs 16
Pargo 14
Bouldin 12
Pendergraft 10
Kuso 6
Davis 6
Daye 6
Foster 3
Sacre 4

Daye and Davis may do better, some starters worse.
Brown will also score some.

I agree with these numbers, how about ranking in order which of these you want to take the final shot in March?

I would probably go with whoever is open and personally like Pendo hitting a 3 to win it all. That is how this season should end. Of course all the past Zag greats should be in the stands doing this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQS8ur8CVc)with a boom box. Seeing Ronny, Adam, JP, ........ as fans winning it all would seriously be the best sports event ever.