PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Portland Tickets Available

75Zag
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Per Oregonian report this morning, about 3000 tickets remain for the Portland NCAA event. Lots of chatter about why. Ticket price is $100 per seat above 2009 price. An extra $100 is nothing to a Bulldog fan, but apparently intimidating to Portland buyers.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

gozagswoohoo
01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
This is the first season since I've been a zags fan that I won't be seeing my zags play in person. I wonder if I put together a super awesome sales pitch for Mrs. Woohoo, if she will let me make a roap trip up to the NCAA games in Portland, and I could just leave her with the 3 year old and the newborn (for like....only a couple days), just at the small chance that the zags would be there???

You're right. Probably less than a 3% chance. haha

It was fun to think about though. lol

Zagdawg
01-16-2012, 02:37 PM
I just looked at a pair of "the best seats still available" -- Section 331 Row F $491 for the pair-- ouch.

You can go on stub hub and get 1st level for $100 cheaper (unless you like the altitude/thinner air).

ezcure17
01-16-2012, 04:24 PM
WooHoo,

You're not going to Las Vegas for the wcc??

FGZagDad
01-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Portland is a great place to see NCAA tourney games. Prices a bit steep tho.

btzag
01-16-2012, 07:24 PM
If you could guarantee the Zags I would purchase my tix right now...but you can't and so you run the risk of paying big money to see teams you have no interest. Heck the Zags might even be playing at the same time in a different venue and then what do you do?

Zagdawg
01-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Resell them if the Zags are not in Portland (or go watch the teams that are there)-- the tickets jump to a premium as soon as the schools know where they are going.

Right now you are playing the odds so you get a bit of a better deal.

77Zag
01-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Based on my own personal experiences - if you are buying from the NCAA site or the Venue you are getting the strips for all games.
Unless they have changed the program this is the way it works.

They are actually like the plague - once you have them, Selection Sunday may put you in a bad way.

I had a bunch for San Jose a few years ago and the Zags ended up in New York or Egypt, can't remember exactly where. The venue was half empty for the opening round.

Anyway, to make a long story short - Stubhub and idiots like me were all over the place selling any sessions we could come game day. I ended up giving them away to the priest at Bellarmine Prep in hopes they would pray for me once I had to report back to the wife on my stupid financial endeavor with NCAA tix.

Not sure if Portland will be the same, but keep this in mind. I'm sure if the Zags land in Portland to play the tickets will be in demand.

Go Zags!

ID ZAGFAN
01-17-2012, 11:54 AM
I got confused and got on the list for final four tickets when I wanted first round. I expected that I would not be chosen, but was. (Isn't that always the way?.) I found out that there is a legal ticket exchange program through the NCAA. They start selling and buying after teams know they are in the games. I was able to sell my tickets for face value. I only lost the cost of Fed-Ex-ing the tickets to Houston--I think $10.00-15.00

I googled, and I think this is link I used.

http://www.primesport.com/About/NCAAExp

ZaGranny

Zagdawg
01-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Last time the mens NCAA tournament was in Spokane we bought 4 tickets.

They were pretty good seats----We ended up selling qty 2 for 3 times what we paid for them and traded the other pair for front row seats to the Zags games in Vegas at the WCC tournament.

No we did not scalp them-- the guy made me take 3 times what we paid for them (it was terrible).

It can be hit or miss depending on who the teams are that are coming to town.

After the early round losses -- the tickets become abundant at the tourney site with half of the teams going home--then you can get some pretty good deals.

I recall leaving the Rose Garden in Portland with people outside the arena offering to buy the tickets from the fans of the losing schools for $20 each (of course I am sure that they were selling them for a bargain also......no really).

gozagswoohoo
01-17-2012, 01:50 PM
WooHoo,

You're not going to Las Vegas for the wcc??

You are just gonna have to scream loud enough for the BOTH of us, EZ! I will be there in spirit....and in truth....

(but will technically only be 'there' on my living room couch, covered in potato chips, baby diapers, and tears....watching the games on tv).