PDA

View Full Version : Typical Post Loss Thread

Mr Vulture
01-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Going into the game we were the best team we've had in years and potentially a Final Four team in many posters eyes. Now we lose a game, granted we played poorly, and now we hear that we will be lucky to finish 3rd in the conference. The highs and lows are just so funny and predictable after a game. The bottom line is that it was one game...it doesn't define the season.

The fact is that St Marys is a very good team. We were on the road, in a hostile environment, playing a team that we're their #1 priority. The young guys got rattled and things snowballed from there. However, to say that a guy like Dellavadova is nothing special is a joke. He was hot, it wasn't like we weren't on him when he made many of his points. I remember 3 running layups from outside the key that went, I remember a 3pt shot from at least 25 feet. What are they supposed to do? They beat us just like they beat BYU, at home, in impressive fashion.

The fact is that they still have to go to BYU and play in the MAC. This is far from over. Anyway you look at it, they will have to play either BYU or us in the WCC tournament as well.

Take a deep breathe, relax, and let it all play out. This team is going to be fine. The main thing is to see how they respond tomorrow. I personally think you will see them come back with intensity, effort, and big win!

BarryBlue4BYU
01-13-2012, 10:26 AM
that the regular season crown is split 3 ways and that you guys will still end up with the #1 seed in the WCC Tourney (better out of conference wins than either SMC or us).

FieldHouseFishHouse
01-13-2012, 02:40 PM
that the regular season crown is split 3 ways and that you guys will still end up with the #1 seed in the WCC Tourney (better out of conference wins than either SMC or us).

This is looking relatively likely. I would say more likely than any of the three teams taking the title outright (even SMC).

ZagMan
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
The fact is that St Marys is a very good team. We were on the road, in a hostile environment, playing a team that we're their #1 priority.

The young guys got rattled and things snowballed from there. However, to say that a guy like Dellavadova is nothing special is a joke.

The fact is that they still have to go to BYU and play in the MAC. This is far from over. Anyway you look at it, they will have to play either BYU or us in the WCC tournament as well.

Take a deep breathe, relax, and let it all play out. This team is going to be fine. The main thing is to see how they respond tomorrow. I personally think you will see them come back with intensity, effort, and big win!

Ok, a few things...
1) Why wasn't playing them our #1 priority?
2) You are correct Dellavadova is a great player, he killed us +1
3) I also agree it is far from over, no doom and gloom here other than a bad loss

CaliforniaZaggin'
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
After last season, I can't agree that anything is ever "likely" when it comes to conference play.

DixieZag
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
And yet, just last year, after a VERY bad loss to SCU, we all thought that our bad Ju Ju would be taken out on hapless USF. What happened need not be said - - so, why is everyone so confident that things go back to "normal" tomorrow?

Say it again, we will need to play very well to win tomorrow. Is everyone sure we will play very well?

Mantua
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Say it again, we will need to play very well to win tomorrow. Is everyone sure we will play very well?

Dixie, that's a great question. I would like to see a poll on that and the black uniforms.

From what I've read, I would bet the board is split on the question of the team playing well tomorrow.

I think that much depends on the coaches. As a rabid fan, I feel very insecure about tomorrow and also tenaciously unwilling to give up hope. I love this team and always will.

MDABE80
01-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Berry...decent post. But I do think we should win everything;)

zagamatic
01-13-2012, 04:33 PM
All I want is for us to BURN THOSE STINKIN BLACK UNIFORMS! There, rant over