• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EuroZag2010
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2010

Sacre

I found this while browsing through yahoo sports. I'm not sure how legitimate it is or what but his name is out there and being mentioned.

NBAdraft.net has a new 2012 mock draft out as of Tuesday, Jan. 10. In the latest mock draft, the web site has Sacre getting selected as the No. 36 overall pick. That is the sixth pick of the second round, showing that he is very close to breaking into the first round projections. The site things that the Houston Rockets are the team that could target the senior, but I am not so sure that prediction makes a lot of sense with the way that the Rockets roster looks . The Rockets have the second-round pick of the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2012 after a trade that took place during the 2011 NBA Draft.

"I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
    -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I
  • Zag@LMU
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2011

That place has Wroten going #23 overall. Would be quite funny if he was one and done while we get GBJ for 4 years.
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• thickman1
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag@LMU View Post
      That place has Wroten going #23 overall. Would be quite funny if he was one and done while we get GBJ for 4 years.
      I think it's almost a given that Wroten is a 1 and done player. Gary and Tony seem to be at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Comment

• GoZags
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

I believe Wroten may be too young to be one and done.
        sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• raise the zag
          Zag for Life
          • May 2011

Originally posted by thickman1 View Post
          I think it's almost a given that Wroten is a 1 and done player. Gary and Tony seem to be at the opposite ends of the spectrum.
          in more ways than one.

Comment

• FlyZag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
            I 'thought' I heard an announcer state the same thing. Something to the effect that he wouldn't meet the minimum age requirement.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
              Wroten's DOB is 4/13/93, so he turns 19 in 3 months. Draft rule is that a player must have graduated HS 1 yr before draft and turn 19 in the calendar year of that draft. So unless I'm missing something, he's eligible.

Comment

• raise the zag
                Zag for Life
                • May 2011

TW is gone and UW will be better off next yr sans Tony "look at me" Wroten.

In all honestly, I'd like to see him stay and continue to average 5 TO's per game. At this point, in regards to recruiting, Romar has to play him, but I swear every time Wroten sits, UW looks like a better team and play much better bball i.e. swing the ball, mine for open looks, get the ball inside-outside, actually utilize screens, etc.

In some ways, Wroten is the best & worst freshman in the Country. IMO.

Comment

• mdZag23
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

TW eligibility

I've heard thru some reliable sources that Wroten would have a VERY difficult time meeting academic requirements to be eligible next year.

He's gone!

Comment

• EuroZag2010
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2010

This thread Officially has

Been hijacked ... Oh well
                    "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
                    -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

• HillBillyZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Rob will get a look, but it will be tough?

Originally posted by EuroZag2010 View Post
                      Been hijacked ... Oh well
                      IMHO Rob's size, strength, and attitude will get him a look midway in the 3rd round. but no big lotto payday. I luv him to death but while he can shoot and pass well enough , he is weak on the boards, has hands of stone, and lacks the lateral quickness the NBA demands. I do believe he will play for money Internationally and have some success given the right opportunity and gaining experience in that style of play.
                      [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
                      ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• raise the zag
                        Zag for Life
                        • May 2011

Rob has an NBA body, yet has a long, long way to go to have an NBA game. He'd be a great practice squad guy or a big, mean center for a Euro-team as well.

Comment

• cjm720
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                          Wroten's DOB is 4/13/93, so he turns 19 in 3 months. Draft rule is that a player must have graduated HS 1 yr before draft and turn 19 in the calendar year of that draft. So unless I'm missing something, he's eligible.
                          So when did he graduate HS and when is the 2012 draft...couldn't find either online. But, let's say he graduated in June 15, 2011, unless the NBA draft is after June 15, 2012, he can't be eligible...sounds like this might be the case.
                          Go Zags!!!

Comment

• webspinnre
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
                            IMHO Rob's size, strength, and attitude will get him a look midway in the 3rd round. but no big lotto payday. I luv him to death but while he can shoot and pass well enough , he is weak on the boards, has hands of stone, and lacks the lateral quickness the NBA demands. I do believe he will play for money Internationally and have some success given the right opportunity and gaining experience in that style of play.
                            In the 3rd round? So, as an undrafted free agent?
                            I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Ezag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I like Rob but I don't think he'll be drafted

Comment

Working...
                              X