PDA

View Full Version : LMU letdown - Concerned?

DixieZag
01-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I thought I would post this now b/c we are all focused on SMC - just like the team is, but it concerns me that we will be going to LMU, who played BYU tough at home, right after this year's Big Game.

My only point is that we could beat SMC by 30 and if we lose to LMU by one, our record will be the same. And that would suck. I hope the team doesn't have a lapse regardless of tonight's outcome. This team seems less prone to such let downs.

cjm720
01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
I thought I would post this now b/c we are all focused on SMC - just like the team is, but it concerns me that we will be going to LMU, who played BYU tough at home, right after this year's Big Game.

My only point is that we could beat SMC by 30 and if we lose to LMU by one, our record will be the same. And that would suck. I hope the team doesn't have a lapse regardless of tonight's outcome. This team seems less prone to such let downs.

So they should be concentrating on Saturday's game today? ;)

Zagdawg
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
One game at a time. Let's get over the hump first and them drive on from there.

primal23
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Honestly, losing either or both is very possible. Although the game tonight will be the one that could get out of hand if not careful.

raise the zag
01-12-2012, 02:14 PM
this is a great thread for post-game. Let's hit the pause button today & we'll push play again following tonight's game.

Zag@LMU
01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
LMU team will be staying in a local hotel Friday night to get the kids focused

RenoZag
01-12-2012, 02:21 PM
beat St. Mary's

Gonzdb8
01-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Honestly, losing either or both is very possible. Although the game tonight will be the one that could get out of hand if not careful.

if losing both is "very possible" then i am seriously way off base on my estimation of this teams talent and potential. sure we could lose, thats why they play the games, but when i think of teams that could very possibly lose to both SMC and LMU i don't put us in that category.

BayAreaZag
01-12-2012, 02:23 PM
LMU team will be staying in a local hotel Friday night to get the kids focused

We'll be in Los Angeles to make sure no let down occurs!

DixieZag
01-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Beat SMC - But, win or lose, there is a lot of basketball to play.

primal23
01-12-2012, 02:42 PM
if losing both is "very possible" then i am seriously way off base on my estimation of this teams talent and potential. sure we could lose, thats why they play the games, but when i think of teams that could very possibly lose to both SMC and LMU i don't put us in that category.

What I meant is that IF LMU plays at the top of their game, and GU doesn't match the intensity, then it could be a long night. But I'm also a glass half empty type :doh:

Nevtelen
01-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I pretty much agree wtih DixieZag - this team, for whatever reason, seems somewhat less prone to 'letdown' games than some previous squads. That said, it's just impossible not to have something of a let-down, win or lose tonight, coming off the focus and high of a big rivalry game and @ LMU is one of the WCC games I thought we could lose at the beginning of the season. LMU are 2-1 right now in the WCC IIRC and will be looking to go into a tie for 2nd place with whoever loses the GU-SMC game tonight, so will be very very motivated. They took some dumb shots down the stretch vs BYU, but if a few of those go in, it's a different game and it could be so with us.

asoc
01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
What I meant is that IF LMU plays at the top of their game, and GU doesn't match the intensity, then it could be a long night. But I'm also a glass half empty type :doh:

http://zahirah.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/glassisalwaysfull.jpg