• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Which 2 Zags are in Quick Foul Trouble?

Not complaining. Not really. But this is the WCC. IF there is one thing we KNOW - its that they will not roll the ball out and let them play. SMC may have foul trouble also, but they are at home, a big advantage in this conference. No excuses, we know coming in how it'll be called. So, if you accept my premise, which 2 will have foul trouble?

My Picks

1. Harris - he will get called for at least one offensive foul, an elbow or reach around early and one defensive one early. A charge early in the second half sends him to the bench.

2. Bell - This just kills me. He has played aggressive, clean defense all year, but his aggressiveness will get called in a tightly officiated game. 2 Fouls before 10:00 in the first half.

Honorable Mention: Sacre, Stockton

We have the depth, we'll need it. Ideally the refs call it close both ways, perhaps we could get Jones in foul trouble - that would be like the goat drawing 3 on Jones in WooHoo's dream.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Ronny & Casey.
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• roxdoc
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Sacre, Harris, and Hart all trying to stop Jones. At least 1 will have 2 fouls before 10 min mark of first half.

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by roxdoc View Post
        Sacre, Harris, and Hart all trying to stop Jones. At least 1 will have 2 fouls before 10 min mark of first half.
        I agree with you, therefore I hope that it is Hart, solely b/c we can foul/guard Rob Jones by committee.

Hate for it to be Sacre, we need him to suck up the middle.

Really hate for it to be Bell, though I think he will draw Delly and that is what scares me the most.
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• Akzag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
          Ronny & Casey.
          My money is on Pendo
          So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• gamagin
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I see jones and delly

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
            I agree with you, therefore I hope that it is Hart, solely b/c we can foul/guard Rob Jones by committee.

Hate for it to be Sacre, we need him to suck up the middle.

Really hate for it to be Bell, though I think he will draw Delly and that is what scares me the most.
            getting more frustrated than the Zags covering them. The guard action will definitely involve activity. DS can get in to trouble quickly at times.

The question to begin with is whether the refs will allow both teams to play. I hope so. Probably the degree of physical roughness will determine that decision.

The refs are likely going to earn their pay (or someone's scorn) with whatever tone they set, and who it appears to be favoring in any given period of time.

I think RS and EH have shown more patience so far this year than ever. EH still reaches in a lot, though.

vs, SMC, the past few years, it seems to me it has been Delly and Rob J. who have lost their cools. I'm hoping for repeats. Depends on how the ball bounces.

MH, otoh, tends to get hustle (reach in, ball slap, attempted tie up) calls, plus late fouls, more than anyone else, imo.

But, as you say, that likely nets out in our favor, given his minutes and his ability to wear his opponent down for the next guy.

We'll see soon enough.
            Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
            Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
            Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• zag944
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Mouthguard does a terrific job drawing fouls. Garys shut down some good scorers, but I havent watched many of our opponents other games to know whether any of those guys are as good at getting to the line. Id like them to try to wear him down early with Hart and only put GBJ on him if and when its necessary.

so to answer, Hart 1, Bell 2

Comment

• MickMick
                Zag for Life
                • Apr 2007

Doesn't matter unless it is Sam.

Zags can overcome a loss of just about anybody but Sam.
                I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
                  Doesn't matter unless it is Sam.

Zags can overcome a loss of just about anybody but Sam.
                  You know, I hadn't thought of it that way, but he is the most difficult presence to replace, I had thought it was Rob's defense that we couldn't live w/o - but Sam's scoring has to be there. The only other one would be Pangos, but he seems to know how to play with foul trouble.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X