PDA

View Full Version : Great Interview with John Calipari

4EVERaZAG
07-09-2007, 06:38 PM
On Rivals.com. He outlines what it's like to schedule tough non-conference games coming from a mid-major conference and also gives perspective about being a college basketball coach. http://www.rivals.com/video.asp?section=bbrecruit&pkey=&vidtype=amp&vidid=2652

Nevtelen
07-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Really interesting take in interview #2 on life in C-USA. He might be a little optimistic about the league, but maybe I'm wrong. Some of his arguments make me think about the WCC.

Edit; Calipari also says UAB is going to be a Top 25 or Top 35 type of team this year. I hope he's right, that'd make that game more interesting.

applezag
07-09-2007, 08:07 PM
You can see why Calipari is such a successful recruiter in this interview. He is just a really good salesman for his program, and I would imagine that that works well with recruits.

I didn't know that Tennessee was playing them home and home as well. Props to the Vols for going out and playing people. I think it will help them in the long run, even if they lose a few games in the process.

cair3
07-09-2007, 09:11 PM
memphis will win a championship in the next couple years. calipari said they have an internship at fed ex for his kids, thats gotta be a selling point for moms of Student athletes