PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Next Year

GUnawinit
01-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Just curious, if someone can clear this up for me? Is Kelly being red shirted for the fact we have no one coming in to take Robs spot? I don't follow the recruit status that closely...

Or for another reason..improving his game, strength building or what not?

I've heard he was ready to leave the program at first if that happened, it appears he's OK with it at this point.

Seeing him it appears he's getting bigger if you will (Stronger). Does anyone here have an opinion or know?

And if so, how do you see him as the sole big working with Harris next year?

Is he rugged enough to fill Robs shoes, or is there someone coming in to pick that spot. (Robs)

GoZags
01-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Just curious, if someone can clear this up for me? Is Kelly being red shirted for the fact we have no one coming in to take Robs spot? I don't follow the recruit status that closely...

Or for another reason..improving his game, strength building or what not?

I've heard he was ready to leave the program at first if that happened, it appears he's OK with it at this point.

Seeing him it appears he's getting bigger if you will (Stronger). Does anyone here have an opinion or know?

And if so, how do you see him as the sole big working with Harris next year?

Is he rugged enough to fill Robs shoes, or is there someone coming in to pick that spot. (Robs)

Pretty much all of these answers can be found using the "search" function, and some can be found by clicking back and looking at yesterday's posts.

Reborn
01-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Im sure Gonzaga will recruit a Center, but it will take a couple of years to develop him into a starter. Kelly has two years of experience and will fit in nicely to the rotation next year. i believe Sam Dower will start, and Olynyk could start at the 4 if Harris leaves for the NBA. Kelly will be more than ready to contribute next year. He is a very good player, and will be far better than anyone GU could recruit for next year. This was a super move by all those involved, imo. As we know Kelly is not needed this year.

What about Spangler? He will get more minutes next year but he is a year away from being a starter, and by that time Sam mayb be playing in the NBA. And actually, if he keeps playing the way he is he could be gone next year.

hooter73
01-07-2012, 09:44 AM

... no one coming in to take Robs spot... that you've heard of yet. *cue Law & Order music.

Yeah just a day or two ago there was a thread on this but as far as filling Rob's rugged shoes, well KO's game is a more fundamentally sound game, and that is saying something as Rob is extremely good fundamentally. He's probably not going to go hard at someone like when Rob fouled Samhan to the ground but by all accounts KO will be effective: not flashy but have good numbers. If we play against another team with a real banger inside we will get to see two very different styles of play working against each other.

BobZag
01-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Kelly will be good. He'll get more minutes too. Even if the staff brings in a new center, Kelly will have a huge headstart over that center.

bostonzagfan
01-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Im sure Gonzaga will recruit a Center, but it will take a couple of years to develop him into a starter. Kelly has two years of experience and will fit in nicely to the rotation next year. i believe Sam Dower will start, and Olynyk could start at the 4 if Harris leaves for the NBA. Kelly will be more than ready to contribute next year. He is a very good player, and will be far better than anyone GU could recruit for next year. This was a super move by all those involved, imo. As we know Kelly is not needed this year.

What about Spangler? He will get more minutes next year but he is a year away from being a starter, and by that time Sam mayb be playing in the NBA. And actually, if he keeps playing the way he is he could be gone next year.

dower to the nba after this season? thats a new one.

GUnawinit
01-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Sorry I didn't look back at older threads and thank you for your assistance....

I'm not on the board everyday and was just looking for an opinion or insight,

Isn't this were I might do so? (Nicely)

Geez, in my work situation (busy)...I just like to ask, and not have to research...please forgive if I'm not on the cutting edge....still a fan all along.

And yes, I mean this in the nicest way.