PDA

View Full Version : Please Help a Fellow Zag

Angelo Roncalli
01-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Excerpted from an e-mail from President McCulloh:

Drew Hoffman, a senior from Golden, Colorado attended the Battle in Seattle along with several of his fellow Zags. After the game, they went swimming in a hotel pool; Drew dove into the pool, and damaged his spine. Ultimately, the surgical team that treated him at Harborview had to remove the C6 vertebra. Drew is now paralyzed from the chest down, and will require extensive physical therapy as he and his family adjust to a life with mobility challenges.

Drew has worked as a student employee for Jesuit House and the Jesuit Community this past year and a half, and this fall he took his LSAT exams to apply for Law School. He has only a few courses to complete his undergraduate degree and we will work with him to see what can be completed during the upcoming semester. His greatest wish is to graduate with his class this coming May.

The students at Gonzaga have set up a fund through US Bank to assist the Hoffman Family with the inevitable and considerable financial challenges that this situation will create. Should you wish to make a contribution to this family fund, you can do so at the following address:

“Drew Hoffman Family - US Bank”
Gonzaga University
MSC 275
Spokane, WA 99258

Please remember Drew and his family in your prayers; with the ongoing support of the Gonzaga Community, his rehabilitation and the many adjustments required by this life-altering injury will be meaningfully enhanced. May God bless each and every one of us in the year to come.

webspinnre
01-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Prayers to Drew and his family.

77Zag
01-03-2012, 08:54 AM
What a terrible and unfortunate accident -- my son mentioned this, they are in the same class to graduate this May.

Prayers are with Drew and his future.

God Bless--

jazzdelmar
01-03-2012, 09:08 AM
steve-i sent you a PM on this. joe

U Zig, I Zag
01-05-2012, 07:09 AM
So sad. Prayers his way.