PDA

View Full Version : ot-ducks

jazzdelmar
01-02-2012, 04:50 PM
ducks win but from the unis to alonso's, um, comments, what an embarrassment. phil knight must be proud tho.

zagitarious
01-02-2012, 04:58 PM
what did alonso say?

jazzdelmar
01-02-2012, 05:08 PM
what did alonso say?

unintelligible.....i wasnt aware of his background. then googled him. quite a young man. i'm sure all duck fans are so proud. kelly has almost no standards, does he?

maynard g krebs
01-02-2012, 05:19 PM
unintelligible.....i wasnt aware of his background. then googled him. quite a young man. i'm sure all duck fans are so proud. kelly has almost no standards, does he?

How many, say, SEC coaches would kick Cliff Harris off the team or suspend Legarrette Blount for basically the whole season for a retaliation punch?

Compared to most of college sports, Kelly is near the top in accountability. It's fair to say the X/Cincy players w/ the 4-6 game susps would have missed most or all of the season if they played for Kelly, based on his actions. Every team in D1 has a few Alonsos; it's the nature of football. Florida, LSU w/ their thug qb. The lowly Oregon State Beavers, who gang-jumped a white military guy in a bar or restaurant because he was sitting at a table with his black wife and got a game or 2susp.

Uninformed post. Facts say Kelly is better than most in terms of making an effort to control FB players and hold them accountable.

As to Alonso, mistakenly stumbled into the wrong house when drunk. Pretty low of the scale of football crimes. And went thru alcohol treatment before being let back on the team.

Moron? Sure, but again, in the context of college fb, pretty minor. Try googling UW Husky crimes/ Neuheisel era.

jazzdelmar
01-02-2012, 05:24 PM
How many, say, SEC coaches would kick Cliff Harris off the team or suspend Legarrette Blount for basically the whole season for a retaliation punch?

Compared to most of college sports, Kelly is near the top in accountability. It's fair to say the X/Cincy players w/ the 4-6 game susps would have missed most or all of the season if they played for Kelly, based on his actions. Every team in D1 has a few Alonsos; it's the nature of football. Florida, LSU w/ their thug qb. The lowly Oregon State Beavers, who gang-jumped a white military guy in a bar or restaurant because he was sitting at a table with his black wife and got a game or 2susp.

Uninformed post. Facts say Kelly is better than most in terms of making an effort to control FB players and hold them accountable.

not a terribly persuasive rebuttal, imo. so your saying many teams have burglars who play and since they do its ok if oregon does? good luck with that reasoning. i knew nothing about the jerk alonso until today. his google file reads like a criminal's. go stanford! go zags!

maynard g krebs
01-02-2012, 05:31 PM
not a terribly persuasive rebuttal, imo. so your saying many teams have burglars who play and since they do its ok if oregon does? good luck with that reasoning. i knew nothing about the jerk alonso until today. his google file reads like a criminal's. go stanford! go zags!

OK, answer this. Why post about this issue, rather than the hundreds, probably, of much more serious crimes committed on a very regular basis by fb players. 300 some hs players last year had records and were recruited/signed anyway, across the board.

Kelly is better than most. A little comparative research will verify that. What's your logic for singling him out of a worse bunch? Didn't say it's ok. Questioned your logic/impartiality for singling out the Ducks. Many are worse, and that's a fact.

jazzdelmar
01-02-2012, 05:36 PM
OK, answer this. Why post about this issue, rather than the hundreds, probably, of much more serious crimes committed on a very regular basis by fb players. 300 some hs players last year had records and were recruited/signed anyway, across the board.

Kelly is better than most. A little comparative research will verify that. What's your logic for singling him out of a worse bunch? Didn't say it's ok. Questioned your logic/impartiality for singling out the Ducks. Many are worse, and that's a fact.

its news, they just won the rose bowl and the espn announcer gave him the mvp and then mumbled about, er, some mistakes he has made. geez, are you a grad or something. i could not care less about the ducks.

maynard g krebs
01-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Since you mentioned Stanford- what abt putting Owusu back in w/ multiple concussions, and risking his chance at a decent life? No better than UO- it's all abt winning. Much worse offense than those mentioned by you.

maynard g krebs
01-02-2012, 05:39 PM
its news, they just won the rose bowl and the espn announcer gave him the mvp and then mumbled about, er, some mistakes he has made. geez, are you a grad or something. i could not care less about the ducks.

No, but my brother is. And I have friends that are. And I can't stand the snooty arrogance of Stanford. But to each their own.

jazzdelmar
01-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Since you mentioned Stanford- what abt putting Owusu back in w/ multiple concussions, and risking his chance at a decent life? No better than UO- it's all abt winning. Much worse offense than those mentioned by you.

im out, maynard. you want to argue about the history of the earth and i just want to comment about a minute of time......whatever. happy new year.

maynard g krebs
01-02-2012, 05:45 PM
im out, maynard. you want to argue about the history of the earth and i just want to comment about a minute of time......whatever. happy new year.

No valid response is how I'll take that. Usually I ignore your abrasiveness. I'll try to get back to that. Just watched a great game and emotions are high.

zagitarious
01-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Stanfords defense looking strong so far.

GoGU
01-02-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't think that Alonso's situation is any different than Heytvelt's at Gonzaga. Alonso is probably a moron, but he did the right things to get back in favor. So did LeGarrette Blount. Can't say the same for Cliff Harris or Jeremiah Masoli, but they both got the axe. I think Kelly learned his lesson after the Blount incident.

awberke
01-02-2012, 06:55 PM

How long have you been saving that one up? It's almost applicable.

Edit: Bummer for the cardinal.

ZaginLaw
01-02-2012, 09:26 PM
First, everbody beats Big Ten schools in bowl games.

Second, as a Beav, I have and continue to be amused with the "logic" of my fowl feather friends and yes, I do mean friends. It has to be a byproduct of Uncle Phil. 'Everyone does it' has been a mantra up and down the I-5 cooridor for awhile now to the point where W's justify everything, including Oregon State Troopers lecturing players with "what would coach kelley think" as adequate punishment for going 95 mph while smoking out on your way home to Cali last summer. I'm guessing ever college kid and student athletes in lesser revenue generating sports would get the same treatment from the OSP and their University?

Third, wouldn't it be nice if the NCAA acted as swiftly on criminal behavoir as they do with money and "professional" 15 year olds fro France? We'd have less violence on campus and in our communities, more laptops, and our children would be safer.

Fourth, Kelley has very little standards that's why Uncle Phil hired him. Its my experience that Duck fan will defend Kelley more than the most rapid beaver fan ever defended Erickson, and there are still Beaver fans that want him back every time he becomes available, including now.

Lastly, Duck fan owes a big thank you to the NCAA for banning Reggie Bush from this years P12 title game.

Not a good time for college football, imo...

Go Zags!