PDA

View Full Version : Best recruiting class ever?

MickMick
01-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Spangler, Dranginis, Bell, Pangos, Guy, and Sarbaugh.

1. Yes

2. No

3 Jury is still out, too early to tell

Ekrub
01-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Dranginis, sarbaugh, and Spangler are still very unknown. Kp and GBJ might be the best guards GU has brought in (as freshman)

roxdoc
01-01-2012, 12:29 PM
I say yes - not just on talent but cohesiveness and synergism.

ZagsGoZags
01-01-2012, 12:30 PM
If Sacre had not suffered from early injuries, and if Austin Daye had fit in better with Few's system, I would choose that class.

but given the facts, it seems this class due to lack of injury and fitting in so well, and being so coachable, I would say

YES

I also have to admit I didn't become a zag fan until 2003 so I am not sure what happened before then

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Weren't Santangelo, Frahm, and Dench all one class? If so, that's the best until somebody else wins five NCAA games in two years.

DixieZag
01-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Best 2 guard recruits in one class. If we count GLE (not a frosh, but a recruit), the chink in the link might be solidified, Hart/GLE make a good 1-2 punch.

Spangler would be a great recruit in any year, in most years he would be seeing a lot more time, Spangler was player of the year in Oklahoma! I know that Oklahoma stirs up images of endless prarie and oil wells but there are two huge cities in Oklahoma - Tulsa & OK City, so its not like he didn't have competition. Its hardly his fault he is playing behind upper classmen that are so solid.

Jury has to be out on Dranginis, Sarbaugh - But, given that one was POY in Idaho at least twice, and the other first team All-State in WA, sure seems like a lot of upside. I think we are under estimating Sarbaugh b/c he doesn't need a scholarship, but each of the other 3 All - State WA went to big D-1 programs.

Could well be the best ever. Especially if landing Pangos leads to landing Birch.

Johnnygu
01-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Way, way too early.

CaliforniaZaggin'
01-01-2012, 01:31 PM
3. That's the kind of thing that should be judged after the fact rather than I'm the moment.

DCZag
01-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Resounding - YES. We had GBJ, Pangs and Spangs on the court at the same time when the game mattered (with Stocks and Sam, 2 RS sophs). I've been following the Zags for 25+ yrs and never seen that!

maynard g krebs
01-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Of course it's (3), but more fun to look at it as "Will this be the best class ever?".

I think yes. First, it's already the most talented backcourt pair w/ Bell/Pangos. Bell hasn't yet scratched the surface of what he will do offensively. He's capable of taking over games offensively as Pangos/Dower/Harris/Sacre have. That's just a matter of when.

Dranginis and Sarbaugh are both gonna be really good- we already saw it / Dranginis in exh., and Sarbaugh just needs a little work on his jumper. His iq is off the charts; Bouldin-like as many have said.

Landry-Edi is part of the class, and the Errol Knight comp a few people have made is a good one.

Spangler looks like he will be as good as Violette, and is similar in style.

Most would say Gray/Daye/Sacre were the best class previously. I'd bet the collective accomplishments of the new 6 will surpass those of those 3.

rijman
01-01-2012, 04:59 PM
of course it's (3), but more fun to look at it as "will this be the best class ever?".

I think yes. First, it's already the most talented backcourt pair w/ bell/pangos. Bell hasn't yet scratched the surface of what he will do offensively. He's capable of taking over games offensively as pangos/dower/harris/sacre have. That's just a matter of when.

Dranginis and sarbaugh are both gonna be really good- we already saw it / dranginis in exh., and sarbaugh just needs a little work on his jumper. His iq is off the charts; bouldin-like as many have said.

Landry-edi is part of the class, and the errol knight comp a few people have made is a good one.

Spangler looks like he will be as good as violette, and is similar in style.

Most would say gray/daye/sacre were the best class previously. I'd bet the collective accomplishments of the new 6 will surpass those of those 3.
+1000

zag67
01-01-2012, 05:04 PM
3. I also agree about GLE being part of the class. As freshmen, the 3 we have playing now are playing as solid as most classes as juniors (or even seniors). Next year when we add Dranginis and Sarbaugh, they will integrate into the rest of the team. That will show an even stronger class.