• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiddwell
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

W-L January (Sweep or "Bleep!")

The Zags are rollin'. Yet big games remain. For January the biggest is probably @ SMC. Do the Zags continue their upward ascent, or do they stumble once or twice along the way?

GU vs Pepp -- January 05
    GU vs SCU -- January 07
    GU @ SMC -- January 12
    GU @ LMU -- January 14
    GU vs USF -- January 19
    GU vs USD -- January 21
    GU @ UP -- January 26

Kiddwell thinks January is good to us, and we beat 'em all to go: 7-0

:]
    7-0
    41.67%
    6-1
    54.17%
    5-2
    4.17%
    4-3
    0.00%
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!
  • TheGonzagaFactor
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2011

Our defense is too good with Bell and Landry on the floor, it would be very disappointing if we lose any of these games. 7-0.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2008

6-1

I think SMC catches us at their house.
      History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• ZaggyStardust
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Feb 2007

7-0 !!!

Our depth will bury St. Mary's and the rest of the WCC

Comment

• MDABE80
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

A lot depends on Rob. If his hand recovers we can go 7-0. If not, 6-1.

Comment

• Therunner
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
            A lot depends on Rob. If his hand recovers we can go 7-0. If not, 6-1.
            +1 and Guy-Landry Edi receiving 20 mins of PT from here on out...

His thunder dunk did a lot for our swagger & confidence in the 1st half, such a presence along the wing. He also kept Dez Wells in check while defending him, not to mention his 6 tough rebs & some aggressive moves to the hoop. Xavier players seemed surprised at his strength, athleticism, & quickness. Guy is the X-factor that leads teams to blow-outs vs inferior teams(Portland) and the difference b/w winning 1 game or advancing to an Elite-8 in the Tourney. Guy would never had the opportunity last night if it weren't for Mike Hart's two early fouls; a blessing in disguise if you ask me as Hart was burned by Holloway & Lyons late in the 1st half & at the end of the game when Coach Few inexplicably took Gary Bell off Tu & put Hart on him -- led to 6 quick pts for Tu. Really hope to see Guy continue to receive these type of minutes going forward, yet just don't see it happening unless foul trouble comes into play again...Landry would be the perfect match-up vs BYU's 2nd leading scorers & rebounder, Charles Abouo(plus he knows his game). It'll be interesting to see how the mins for the "3" spot will shake out.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Heart says 7-0

Head says 6-1

Did anyone watch the complete dismantling SMC put on BYU, if you don't think that they have that same kind of competitiveness and game to go against us, then you didn't see the game that I saw.

If I was offered 6-1 I would run and take it to the bank. 7-0 is possible, we do have the depth to beat SMC at their place, but lets beat Pepp on Thurs - how we play coming into SMC will matter. Do we continue to get better each game, as we have all year? Or do we "take some time off" and get dusted up a little?

I think we'll keep getting better, this team has a bond that is rare these days and as they keep learning how to play together, we should get better.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• Knotsolucky
                Kennel Club Material
                • Nov 2008

If Rob can heal a bit and the rest stay healthy I see a sweep. Our D is smokin... 7 - 0...

Comment

• 2wiceright
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Dec 2007

Sweep

I'm going with the sweep. Although I still can't get those early losses from last years season out of my mind. Any team can beat us if we're not all there mentally. I think the mix of youth and experience on this team helps us. For the freshman, every game is a big game. For the vets, they lead by example and know what losing to a lesser team feels like in conference (to say nothing of how some of the previously overlooked WCC bretheren have some awesome weapons).

It'll be near impossible- but this team keeps getting better!

Go Zags!!!
                  "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
                  -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Comment

• zagitarious
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Jan 2011

Yes SMC put a dismantling on a good BYU team. But BYU didn't play defense. 2012 Zags have proven their defense. 7-0
                    Zo Gags!!!

Comment

• DCZag
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Aug 2009

7-0 is more than possible - I think probable. But we have a habit of a couple of conference head scratchers...

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
                        6-1

I think SMC catches us at their house.
                        Likewise.
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• BayAreaZag
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Dec 2011

7-0 is realistic, but SMC will be pumped at their place and students will be in full force.

Comment

Working...
                          X