PDA

View Full Version : GU recruits at UCLA camp

cggonzaga
07-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Tyler Haws, G, (6-4, 185)
Junior, Highland, Utah /Lone Peak
Haws was one of the top shooters in camp. He gets great lift on his shot and his release is tight. He has a solid frame with fairly long arms and overall good length for the two-guard position. He is a good all-around athlete and is quite bouncy to boot. He would be a nice get in a motion-style offense as he is very sound at coming off of picks and cutting to the basket. His perimeter handle is solid though he had a tendency to struggle when defenders got into him. Haws is a good looking prospect and should turn out to be one of the top five shooting guards in the West for his class.

6-7 rising junior Victor Rudd (Van Nuys, Calif.) is an immense talent, however, he is a very reluctant competitor.

Haws sounds like he'd fit in great here. Just wonder how big a need we have for him now with Gray and Gibbs in the mix.

CDC84
07-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Rudd could be tough to get away from UCLA or USC.

Haws has a lot of Downs in him. RayG is pretty familiar with him as he recruited him when he was at Utah. I have heard he is actually 6-5....he might grow another couple of inches, making him an ideal replacement for Downs.

BobZag
07-09-2007, 10:05 AM
I'd be surprised if Gonzaga did not go hard after Haws. He's darn good and his games seems to fit Few's system. He could play the 2 or 3 in our system.

Rudd likely won't venture far from LA.

Hoopmeister
07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Haws is from Utah isn't he? And Ray Giacolotti recently came back to Spokane and GU from Utah...there should be a connection or link between the two. Do you know Bob? Has Ray tried recruiting Haws when he was at Utah?

sittingon50
07-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Reread 2 posts above yours.

azzagfan
07-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Ray G may have been familiar with him, but as the feelings go between Utah and BYU, I think Haws dad (former all WAC guard at BYU) would have had a coronary if his kid would have told him he was going to Utah. I think Haws wants the big PAC-10 schools or he'll settle for BYU.