• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

OT ND Beats #22 Pitt

A nice win for ND. If they can make a good run in the Big East it simply becomes a better and better win for us.

Any other former opponents that we beat getting any good wins?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

ND just thumped 'em in the second half. Wow.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Bogozags
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2008

Dixie,

That's a great win for ND against a ranked team! Pitt is really having difficulties and maybe the loss of Birch has a bearing on their recent failures.

I am guessing but aren't they expected to win their home games?

We would also like them to win some road games, which will make our win mean all the more...imo.

Go Irish!

(PS: I root for them when we don't play them.)

Comment

• NEC26
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Its like I said after we beat them and everyone was putting them down as a terrible team. They aren't terrible and most likely will be a top 100 RPI team. Good win for us hopefully Arizona can win the Pac 12 as well.

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Illini

beat the Gophers in 2 O.T.'s to improve to 11-2.
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• FieldHouseFishHouse
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2009

Illinois beats Minnesota in 2OT. Frankly, losing at home would have been disappointing, even to a team in the RPI top 25.
            I think having good wins is much more important than having good losses. Losing to Illinois shouldn't really hurt us. They probably won't tank, and if they play well and crack the rankings it will end up a very good loss.

Comment

• Zagobserver
              Bulldog Fan
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by NEC26 View Post
              Its like I said after we beat them and everyone was putting them down as a terrible team. They aren't terrible and most likely will be a top 100 RPI team. Good win for us hopefully Arizona can win the Pac 12 as well.
              This is both a mea culpa and a perspective post at the same time. I, as an ND alum and uber-fan (also a Zag fan), came on here after you thumped us and tried to put the win in perspective by saying that I didn't think ND would win a Big East game. Well..clearly I was wrong.

That said, we were 17 for 22 in the second half. I wouldn't be shocked if we beat Syracuse if we shoot that well. We won't again. I'd say that the development of Cooley and Dragocevich, coupled with the return to good health of Atkins could mean that we'll win a few games, but I wouldn't count on more than 3 or 4. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

On another note, a lot has been made of Gonzaga's dominance at home (and rightfully so, as I think it's one of the most impressive stats out there). But I have to point out just how amazing of a job Mike Brey has done @ home while at ND. Since 2006, Brey is 93-6 at home. Since 2005, he moves to 105-11. That's playing a full Big East slate of 8-9 games per year at home. Pretty impressive. Now if we could only win on the road...

Comment

• btzag
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Feb 2007

Love it.

Through non-conf you have all these experts that think they know how good teams are, but now we actually get to SEE how good teams are.

Pitt, a mediocre team in my opinion, goes down to ND. Mich St., not as good as years past according to experts, takes out #15 Indiana. Oh and the world beaters that every expert is so high on, the great FF4 contender Creighton Bluejays, get crushed at home by Missouri St! Tough to look past the fact that their toughest game up to this point was against St. Joes and they got beat in that one. And somehow that mid-major made it to #19 in the country!! Wow do voters even watch games?

Comment

Working...
                X