PDA

View Full Version : Bell and the Scout top 100

maynard g krebs
12-25-2011, 04:44 PM
After comparing Pangos to the fr class at his position, I thought it would be fun to do the same for Bell. Though he was ranked higher than KP by most scouts, the results were maybe even more surprising.

GBJ was ranked 70 in his class overall, and #16 among sg's. Here is the list of players scoring more that GBJ, with overall class rank:

3 Rivers, Duke 15.6
7 Beal, Fla.15
12 Caldwell-Pope, Ga. 13.9
28 Johnson, Az. 10.1
43 McClellan, Tx 11.8
63 Harrison, St Johns14.2
GBJ 8.6
Brown, Va Tech 8.6

Of the above, only Rivers, Beal, and McClellan are shooting better from the field than GBJ's .441. Of the guys with higher averages, only Harrison is better than GBJ's .750 from the line, and only Rivers is shooting better from 3 (.419-.405).
Rivers, Beal, Johnson, and McClellan are shooting it well, but Caldwell-Pope and Harrison are mid 30's from the field.

So, of the fr sg's listed, GBJ is tied for 7th in scoring, tied for 4th in fg%, tied for 4th in ft%, and 2nd in 3pt%. He's down the list on rebounds and assists- I didn't break that down- but I'd be surprised if anyone is playing much better defense.

What was surprising is how much these guys are struggling as a group in terms of shooting the ball. Of the 17 of them that are listed on rosters by espn and playing enough to mention, only 6 are shooting 40% from the field, 7 are above 70% from the line, and 5 are above 36% from 3.

So it looks like those of us who said earlier in the year that GBJ was a top 50 recruit at minimum had a pretty good case.

Demetri Awesome
12-25-2011, 08:50 PM
GBJ is a gem!!! Can't wait till they really give him the green light. Still a little hesitant. His development will be exciting to watch. Thanks for the break down.

duper
12-25-2011, 10:43 PM
The earlier post was that Pangos was doing better than most PGs that were in the top 100. How many SGs are like Pangos that were not on the list but are putting up very good stats? I don't think Lacy from WSU has better stats than Bell but it sounds like he also might have been underrated.

maynard g krebs
12-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Yes, Lacey is doing better than a lot of the top 100 as well. Scoring 9.3, a couple rebs and assists a game. 80% fts, near the top. 38% fg's and 33% 3's. So he's about average statistically for the top 100.

Great job by Bone to get him. I hadn't heard of him at the time he committed.

There are probably a bunch of unranked guys that are doing well, but it would take a long time to go through all the teams and find them all.

Papa K
12-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Waiting for Bell's break out game. It's coming!!!! We're just getting better and better. Hope Robert is 100% for the xavier game. Man I hate that team. Go Zags.

FieldHouseFishHouse
12-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Interesting breakdowns for both Pangos and Bell, Lacey was another bonus.
Thanks