• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagfan24
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

Today's Opponent: Air Force

I just wanted to extend a welcome and a "thank you" to any current or former Air Force Academy men or women visiting our board. As the holiday season arrives, and the Zags set to take on the Falcons, I want to extend my gratitude to the courageous individuals visiting our campus today and to all service men and women across the country and around the world.

The dedication of any D1 scholar/athlete is impressive...to add on military training and service is quite incredible. I'm sure that it goes without saying, but I hope the Kennel Club and MAC fans provide the team with the welcome they deserve. I went the the Notre Dame - Navy game last year and was very impressed with the way the Irish fans treated their rivals. This is an opponent that truly deserves the utmost of respect.

Go Zags!
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by zagfan24 View Post
    I just wanted to extend a welcome and a "thank you" to any current or former Air Force Academy men or women visiting our board. As the holiday season arrives, and the Zags set to take on the Falcons, I want to extend my gratitude to the courageous individuals visiting our campus today and to all service men and women across the country and around the world.

The dedication of any D1 scholar/athlete is impressive...to add on military training and service is quite incredible. I'm sure that it goes without saying, but I hope the Kennel Club and MAC fans provide the team with the welcome they deserve. I went the the Notre Dame - Navy game last year and was very impressed with the way the Irish fans treated their rivals. This is an opponent that truly deserves the utmost of respect.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags and Go Air Force. Thank you for your service.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• primal23
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Yeah, hard to talk smack to kids who are going to be putting their lives on the line for our country! Thank you for your service, hope you lose tonight, but win the rest of the way!
      11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
      "Make it yourself"
      "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
      "Okay"

Comment

• TexasZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by primal23 View Post
        Yeah, hard to talk smack to kids who are going to be putting their lives on the line for our country! Thank you for your service, hope you lose tonight, but win the rest of the way!
        As an old Army vet, I say BS! I love the smell of smoking zoomies!

My (long since deactivated) battalion in Germany was responsible for the short range air defense of 3 AF bases. We had a friendly interservice rivalry with them...sometimes, it wasn't so friendly.

An old joke, in the days before debit cards and other electronic transactions:

What's the difference between being in the Air Force and being on welfare?

A. When you're on welfare, you have to go get your check.

Seriously, though, it was a great experience, and our fighter pilots are bad a$$.

Comment

Working...
        X