PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

Zag4Hire
12-22-2011, 07:38 AM
First and foremost, I am very thankful for my family and friends this holiday season. I have welcomed two new members to my family the past few years and it has been the most rewarding experience in my life. They both have seen many GU games sitting in my lap or lying on the couch next to me. The hardest thing to learn is to internalize your excitement but still the occasional positive/negative outburst will happen. A group of us still find a way to attend at least a game per year and hopefully this will still hold true.

Of course, I am thankful for Gonzaga and as well as the men and lady hoopsters. Both staffs and teams represent the school in an ideal light of sportsmanship and achievement. I know it gets mentioned from time-to-time but I think GU standing on the threshold of history regarding consecutive conference championships deserves more discussion from the national media. It is a blessing to see so many former players stay involved and the new faces have been an absolute joy to watch this season. You don't have to look far to see all of the nightmares that are popping up around the country for college sports. Fighting, recruiting violations, and worst of all, crimes against children. I have spoken to several alumni from schools affected by these stories and it is has definitely altered their view of their teams and school as well. It gives you pause and makes you more thankful as a fan, alumnus, parent, or student.

I am also thankful for this board and community of colorful posters. Other GU boards just don't cut it and don't come close to achieving the spirited discourse that exists here.

I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you can enjoy a safe and happy holiday with you and your family.

McZag
12-22-2011, 07:55 AM
After several years of reading and posting here and on its predecessor Zagshoops.com, I would like to thank the moderators and administrators who work hard to keep this board family friendly, tasteful and respectful.

It only takes a couple of bad apples to completely ruin a board like this and I can proudly say that, because of the efforts of a few, this board is a great reflection of the character and spirit that is Gonzaga University.

A Merry and Blessed Christmas to you all.

McZag

jazzdelmar
12-22-2011, 08:55 AM
same here. may i wish all the blessings of the season to my fellow posters and zagiacs...

ID ZAGFAN
12-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Merry Christmas from north of Sandpoint Idaho!

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx213/lormwise/House%20Pics/Moose3.jpg

From ZaGranny and Mr. ID

(This photo was taken in our backyard last January and is the front of our Christmas card this year.)

Zag4Hire
12-22-2011, 09:22 AM

From ZaGranny and Mr. ID

(This photo was taken in our backyard last January and is the front of our Christmas card this year.)

That is a really cool pic. The closest I have been to a moose has been at a bar in North Beach ;).

MickMick
12-22-2011, 09:34 AM
I wish all of my friends here a very happy holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

Just_An_Old_Zag
12-22-2011, 09:46 AM

From ZaGranny and Mr. ID

Merry Kiss Moose and a Happy Rude Deer

Reborn
12-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone. I want to thank you all for your contributions to making this a very fun place to come to almost every day. I have to make an appointment at our local library every day now for an hour while waiting for my computer to be rebuilt. Being limited to an hour session each morning has been a challenge. I'm glad I am a part of this particular Gonzaga community which supports and admires all of the great things the Zags represent.

jazzdelmar
12-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone. I want to thank you all for your contributions to making this a very fun place to come to almost every day. I have to make an appointment at our local library every day now for an hour while waiting for my computer to be rebuilt. Being limited to an hour session each morning has been a challenge. I'm glad I am a part of this particular Gonzaga community which supports and admires all of the great things the Zags represent.

u have a smart phone? u can do pretty well here with one....for the time being.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-S77mbL43kMk/TtZG3nSgY8I/AAAAAAAAATc/nBxamqthRQ8/s1600/eddie.jpg

ZagMan in Philly
12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Best Wishes to all, and Happy Holidays.

Zagdawg
12-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Happy and Safe Holidays to you and your families.

Bulldog
12-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Happy holidays! If it wasn't for this board I would never know how great and how terrible our wonderful student athletes are depending of course on the posters opinion. Go Zags!

Knotsolucky
12-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

This board was a lot of fun again this year and I'm looking forward to next...

Cheers...

RenoZag
12-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Merry Christmas !

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x375/RenoZag/IMG_03881.jpg

Don't open anything from Aunt Clara. . .

Radbooks
12-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone! May your holidays be fun and full of joy!

TerpZag
12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_s59ARuFLHSs/TRZ3DX8ZS7I/AAAAAAAADMg/_qIxQa_Ndig/s640/2008-12-24_merry-christmas.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and all your family and friends!!!

TheZagPhish
12-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Safe travels, comfort, laughter and happiness to you all. Cheers!

75Zag
12-22-2011, 04:04 PM
I wish a very Merry Christmas to everyone associated with GU as a student, athlete, coach, administrator, faculty, fan, alumni, etc. And I hope we all remember there are some folks out there in difficult circumstances. There is still plenty of time to donate a few bucks to your local food bank or whatever. Better yet, start 2012 right by signing up TODAY to begin making an automatic monthly donation of $5 or whatever you can afford to a local charity that serves the hungry or homeless in your area.

Ho Ho Ho

McZag
12-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Sam Dower and Kevin Pangos made my Christmas. What a strong statement in the second half by Dower. We will win a lot of gutsy conference games just like this. Thanks Zags and Merry Christmas again!

RenoZag
12-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Sam Dower and Kevin Pangos made my Christmas. What a strong statement in the second half by Dower. We will win a lot of gutsy conference games just like this. Thanks Zags and Merry Christmas again!

:agreed:

LynetteG
12-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Merry Christmas to you all! Please tell your families how you feel, especially this time of year. I am at work right now and there are two families in the hospital who very unselfishly gave the gift of life. My heart breaks for them.

zag69
12-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm a kidney transplant recipient, and I appreciate how difficult it must be this time of year for the families of the deceased. The donor, family, medical personnel, and caregivers are angels, and always in my prayers.

Merry Christmas to you all, and hopefully the spirit of giving and loving lasts all year long.

bballbeachbum
12-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Merry Christmas to you all, and hopefully the spirit of giving and loving lasts all year long.

In deed!!!

Merry Christmas everyone

TheZagPhish
12-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Bump

Can I refresh your glass?

Bocco
12-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Merry Christmas to one and all ....

gamagin
12-24-2011, 10:57 AM
God Bless us Everyone !

Reborn
12-24-2011, 07:52 PM
u have a smart phone? u can do pretty well here with one....for the time being. Thanks for the idea, Lynnette. I appreciate your help. I got my computer back and running today. Merry Christmas.

BayAreaZag
12-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Merry XMAS all!

Hope theres some Zag gear under the tree!

TheGonzagaFactor
12-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Happy Holidays, enjoy whatever one you celebrate!!

TheGonzagaFactor
12-24-2011, 09:28 PM
...and I'd like to thank everyone else for being so denominational in your holiday wishes.

cjm720
12-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Merry Christmas!

Zagineer
12-24-2011, 10:10 PM
A MERRY CHRISTMAS to all ZAG Fans!!!!

From the 'Neer Family and......

our mantle of Santas...... accumulated one per year since we moved back to the PNW.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Zagineer/P1010164.jpg

We wish you all the best that this season offers and in the days that follow.

MDABE80
12-24-2011, 10:58 PM
...and I'd like to thank everyone else for being so denominational in your holiday wishes.

This. Me too. Merry Christmas everyone...big and tall:) Short and small:)

gozagswoohoo
12-24-2011, 11:39 PM
It's 2:39am, Christmas morning, and I'm at the hospital!!!

Mrs Woohoo is dilated to a 9!! Gonna be a Christmas baby!

I am freakin out right now, but MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

EuroZag2010
12-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Congrats Woohoo!! And a very merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Fröhliche Weihnachten!!

Merry Christmas to all

BayAreaZag
12-25-2011, 12:01 AM

I'm new to these boards but congrats!

ZagMan in Philly
12-25-2011, 03:15 AM

Congrats Woohoo, that is so great, a Christmas BABY...
Here are some cheers from our Lady Zags:

http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/2011/12/24/video-gonzagas-womens-team-knows-about-rudolph/related/

Rangerzag
12-25-2011, 03:40 AM

Way so big a congrats to ya, WooHoo and serious wishes all goes well!!

Merry Christmas, one and all! God bless you, every one!

Zagdawg
12-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Merry Christmas Whoohoo----Congratulations.

My son is a Christmas baby also (he is 6 today---we celebrate his birthday a bit earlier --Dec 3rd this year).

God Bless--and have a safe and happy new year!

TheZagPhish
12-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Congratulations, woohoo!

ID ZAGFAN
12-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Congratulations, WooHoo, Mrs. WooHoo and both little WooHoos.

Merry Christmas!

ZaGranny

RenoZag
12-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Congratulations to all the woohoo's. . .

The newest member sure does know how to make an entrance !

Lurknomore
12-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Wishing Joy and Peace to all today.

What a wonderful gift Woohoo.

Merry Christmas!

Papa K
12-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Merry Christmas and God bless everyone that is part of the best board in basketball!!!!

DixieZag
12-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Congrats Woohoo, very difficult present to beat! Not new Zag gear, but a new Zag!!!! Best wishes to you and Mrs. Woohoo and our new little Zag. Will the little Woohoo be playing for the men's or women's team?

Santa brought me EXACTLY what I was wishing for; a 6' 9" wing that can grab a quarter off the top of the backboard, dribbles like Dickau, shoots like Stepp and rebounds like Calvary. And, if I can figure out how to activate the card (over the internets), we paid extra for the immediate eligibility package!

DixieZag
12-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Congrats Woohoo, very difficult present to beat! Not new Zag gear, but a new Zag!!!! Best wishes to you and Mrs. Woohoo and our new little Zag. Will the little Woohoo be playing for the men's or women's team?

Santa brought me EXACTLY what I was wishing for; a 6' 9" wing that can grab a quarter off the top of the backboard, dribbles like Dickau, shoots like Stepp and rebounds like Calvary. And, if I can figure out how to activate the card (over the internets), we paid extra for the immediate eligibility package!

Saw the post on the little guy, so the new Zag goes to Few! Again, congrats woohoo

Bogozags
12-25-2011, 11:55 AM
First off, CONGRATULATIONS Woohoo!

Secondly, I would like to wish my "extended family" on this board a very Merry Christmas and may each of you enjoy fellowship with your loved ones on this wonderful day!

DCZag
12-25-2011, 12:12 PM
I hope everyone has had a great day and best wishes for the coming year!

Kiddwell
12-25-2011, 12:22 PM
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor,
The mighty God, The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.
--Isaiah 9:6

Peace to all through the Messiah! :)

:]