PDA

View Full Version : Game Notes from Zags Ball

ZagNative
12-20-2011, 11:40 PM
I thought these game Notes from Zags Ball (http://zagsball.com/gonzaga-basketball/recap-notes/butler-vs-gonzaga-recap-notes-) were fun:

This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:24 left to go.

Gonzaga started 8-2 during the 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2003, 2001, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).

The win over Butler extended the Gonzaga winning streak to 3 games.

Zags beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Bulldogs have beat the spread.

The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 37 or more rebounds.

Gonzaga has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.

This season Gonzaga has won 85% of the time (6-1) when Robert Sacre has 6 rebounds or more and 85% of the time (6-1) when Elias Harris has 5 field goals made or more.

The Bulldogs set season highs for blocks and three point percentage.

Zags set a season low for assists.

The Bulldogs have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.

This is the 8th game at home this season--Zags has a 11.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.

Robert Sacre recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.

The top two scorers (Elias Harris and Kevin Pangos) accounted for 53.5% of the points.

The top two rebounders (Elias Harris and Sam Dower) accounted for 43.2% of the rebounds.

Elias Harris has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 6 times in 10 games this season.

Kevin Pangos has 3 straight double-digit point games.

Elias Harris has 3 straight double-digit point games.

Elias Harris had a career high with 3 three pointers.

zag67
12-21-2011, 07:21 AM
I think that the person giving assists was really tight. There were more than one, where they made a pass, the person would make some moves, and then make the shot. Also we did get the ball into them many times and missed the shot. I was really happy with how the team did move the ball and was surprized when I saw so few assists. But great game and great stats.

bostonzagfan
12-21-2011, 08:59 AM
wow, i thought harris has made three 3's in a game before.

Reborn
12-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Great thread ZN! That was awesome, and entertaining. Nice find!