PDA

View Full Version : The Second "100"

Kiddwell
12-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Wow, the Zags went 93-7 for the first 100 games in the MAC. That, as Dicky V might say, is awesome, baby! Speaking of which, Dickie V was here for one of those games, if memory serves, when the Zags hosted the ESPN Game Day crew in a big-time win over Stanford. Lots and lots of great games and memories besides that one too. If you watched the latest Mark Few Show there was a retrospective of highlights from those 100 games. It was really cool seeing again Rony, JP (both of 'em), Ammo, Ravio, etc., etc. Loved the following: "It's here where the Bulldogs have made their case for state supremacy. No wonder the Huskies haven't been back in five years."

So how bodes the future? Is it possible the Zags can do it again? Go 93-7 for the next 100? We got a good start in that direction tonight with win No. 1 of that second 100 versus Butler.

Go Zags!

:]

kramzag
12-21-2011, 03:40 AM
The past couple years though have indicated that our games in the Kennel against OOC teams will only get tougher. Off the top of my head, we've had Wake Forest, Xavier, Mich St, Notre Dame and Butler in the past couple years which is a huge stride in getting bigger programs into the Kennel, rather than Spokane Arena or Key Arena ("home"). Here's to 94-6!

Oregonzagnut
12-21-2011, 04:21 AM
The odds are against doing better than 90% anywhere. But I would be happy if we can get 90-10. I think our home win% is a nice stat, but the I would give that up for a final four appearance. We need to just win no matter where we are.

That being said, having home court increases our chance for victory, so we need to "keep on keepin' on"

Just win!

Kiddwell
04-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Assuming Kiddwell's done the math right, we're as follows for the second 100 games in the MAC:

11-0

A little over one-tenth the way without a loss. Not a bad start to build on next year. :cheers:

AK457
04-10-2012, 12:34 AM
i do like the 93-7 record, but like everyone else is saying it's only one of two (win percentage & strength of opponents) key components in gauging how good a team is. I hope GU continues to win a high percentage of games against increasingly strong teams.

Zag79
04-10-2012, 01:20 AM
Been there every year, and each win is what makes a loss that much more stunning... being shocked to lose only means one thing. Means your a winner! Go Zags!

LongIslandZagFan
04-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Wow, the Zags went 93-7 for the first 100 games in the MAC. That, as Dicky V might say, is awesome, baby! Speaking of which, Dickie V was here for one of those games, if memory serves, when the Zags hosted the ESPN Game Day crew in a big-time win over Stanford. Lots and lots of great games and memories besides that one too. If you watched the latest Mark Few Show there was a retrospective of highlights from those 100 games. It was really cool seeing again Rony, JP (both of 'em), Ammo, Ravio, etc., etc. Loved the following: "It's here where the Bulldogs have made their case for state supremacy. No wonder the Huskies haven't been back in five years."

So how bodes the future? Is it possible the Zags can do it again? Go 93-7 for the next 100? We got a good start in that direction tonight with win No. 1 of that second 100 versus Butler.

Go Zags!

If my memory serves my right, which might be a stretch, Dookie V was not at GU as part of the Gameday crew. I think we got his ACC man crush stand in... Jay Bilas.

NotoriousZ
04-10-2012, 06:23 AM
If my memory serves my right, which might be a stretch, Dookie V was not at GU as part of the Gameday crew. I think we got his ACC man crush stand in... Jay Bilas.

No, he was never here. But I think Erin Andrews was. As long as she comes along for the show, who cares about Dicky V?

http://www.techbanyan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/erinandrews.jpg

tobizag
04-10-2012, 06:43 AM
No, he was never here.

dick vitale was absolutely in attendance.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/stories/?ID=115629

you'll recall he put on a morrison moustache along with everyone else on crew that day.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/stories/?ID=117025

zagfan07
04-10-2012, 07:27 AM
I remember him at the game. He wasn't there for the Gameday broadcast in the morning - flew in on his private jet just in time for tip-off, then took off that evening a few hours after the game was over.

The rest of the Gameday guys were great. Digger was dancing in-between takes for the crowd during the broadcast.

As far as Vitale goes, we tried to put a bunch of mustaches on his bald dome at the end of the game, but he wasn't having it. Would have been a classic!

LongIslandZagFan
04-10-2012, 08:43 AM
dick vitale was absolutely in attendance.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/stories/?ID=115629

you'll recall he put on a morrison moustache along with everyone else on crew that day.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/stories/?ID=117025

And my memory did not serve me correctly... Not a shock... I'm gettin old.

basketballzag
04-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Dick off the court is one of the classiest people you will ever get a chance to meet. Spokane is a loooong way from Tampa but he definitely enjoys the game and is extremely personable and generous. I have a feeling he will be hanging up the microphone though in a couple of years once his contract ends.

NotoriousZ
04-10-2012, 03:20 PM
My mistake, I didn't remember that being a home game. But I stand behind my Erin Andrews notion.

OZZY
04-10-2012, 03:49 PM
My mistake, I didn't remember that being a home game. But I stand behind my Erin Andrews notion.

With that package, I'll be trying to stand in front!