PDA

View Full Version : The potential is there....

TM27
12-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Guy showed flashes tonight. If he is able to turn himself into a solid 3 and if EH the jr can play like a Senior leader, then this could become a very dangerous team. Add Stocks, Guy/Hart and Dower off the bench and that is a solid 8.

I have not been one to gush over recent GU teams and who knows where this team will end up as it is clear to see that this team has holes. However, if Guy progresses these holes seem smaller and easier to fix than teams of recent past. The potential is there for a lunch-pail, kick your ass from 1 thru 5 type of team. If things come together this could become a well-rounded team with a legitimate chance at wrecking brackets. Guard play, big men, and defensive intensity pay dividends come March... check, check, and ?

EH energy is key to this team. I hope his effort is consistent from here on out.

JohnOGU
12-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Agree on the potential. The thought of playing a team like Kentucky terrifies me though...

CDC84
12-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Agree on the potential. The thought of playing a team like Kentucky terrifies me though...

Keep winning, stay out west, and then you don't have to. At least for awhile. There's a long, long way to go until March, but one of the sub-regional sites is in Portland.

Kiddwell
12-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Three more games and Guy ought to have shrugged off the early season (for him) jitters. Three more games, and we oughta see what Guy Landry-Edi's got.

That'd put his "coming out party" at about...Xavier.

:]