PDA

View Full Version : Indy Star GU-Butler Coverage

Section 116
12-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Interesting tidbits from the end of the article:

Butler originally wanted Gonzaga to visit Hinkle Fieldhouse this season but decided it needed a marquee home opponent for 2012-13. So the home-and-home series began at Gonzaga. . . . Rotnei Clarke, who must sit out this season after transferring from Arkansas, is not allowed to travel with the Butler team. He went home to Oklahoma over winter break. . . . Gonzaga is 94-7 in the McCarthey Athletic Center, which opened in 2004. . . . The game was Butler's first ever in the state of Washington. . . . Ronald Nored's start was the 101st of his Butler career . . . Eight players have led or shared the lead in scoring for Butler. . . . Butler's team dinner Monday night was at Cedars Floating Restaurant in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. The restaurant floats on the confluence of Lake Coeur d'Alene and the Spokane River.

Link to article:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111220/SPORTS0605/111200383/No-comeback-Butler-falls-short-Gonzaga-71-55?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

Kiddwell
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Rotnei Clarke's at Butler now? Kiddwell's head must've been in the sand lately. Did not know that. Gosh, here's hoping Butler's English Department can straighten Rotnei out on how to spell "Rodney." Then (wouldn't it be great?) maybe Rodney can go home at Winter Break and teach his folks how to spell "Clark." :p

:]

<Hope Rodney doesn't read this then in vengeance smoke us for 40 points in next year's tussle.> :bishop_smiley:

WallaWallaZag
12-21-2011, 12:04 AM
yeah...i didn't realize rotnei ended up at butler either...interesting choice. he'll definitely help solve their outside shooting issues next year.

Zagdawg
12-21-2011, 07:30 AM
So Bell along with some Hart on Rotnei next year?

I am afraid that Rotnei is going to be looking to drop 30+ on the Zags.

cjm720
12-21-2011, 07:49 AM
So Bell along with some Hart on Rotnei next year?

I am afraid that Rotnei is going to be looking to drop 30+ on the Zags.

I bet you money Bell doesn't let that happen. He's a really focused defender.

Zag4Hire
12-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Interesting tidbits from the end of the article:

Butler originally wanted Gonzaga to visit Hinkle Fieldhouse this season but decided it needed a marquee home opponent for 2012-13. So the home-and-home series began at Gonzaga. . . . Rotnei Clarke, who must sit out this season after transferring from Arkansas, is not allowed to travel with the Butler team. He went home to Oklahoma over winter break. . . . Gonzaga is 94-7 in the McCarthey Athletic Center, which opened in 2004. . . . The game was Butler's first ever in the state of Washington. . . . Ronald Nored's start was the 101st of his Butler career . . . Eight players have led or shared the lead in scoring for Butler. . . . Butler's team dinner Monday night was at Cedars Floating Restaurant in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. The restaurant floats on the confluence of Lake Coeur d'Alene and the Spokane River.

Link to article:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111220/SPORTS0605/111200383/No-comeback-Butler-falls-short-Gonzaga-71-55?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

I love how the picture accompanying the article is Butler against Ball State.

ZagtotheCoeur
12-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Butler is 0-4 on the road and 2-5 in the past six games.

Give or take a game. lol

rennis
12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I bet you money Bell doesn't let that happen. He's a really focused defender.

I bet you'd have bet that Green didn't drop 35 on us too.

:P

jazzdelmar
12-21-2011, 11:02 AM

lets hope bell can hold tu under 30....

titopoet
12-21-2011, 12:10 PM

Clark is no Greene. If Rotnei is guarding Bell, Bell could drop 30 on Butler. Mr. Clark will be feeling pine on his behind if he does not learn to play better D. Coach Stevens will not put up with anything less.