PDA

View Full Version : Pangos vs Nored.

Baldwinzag
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Its Ronald friggin' Nored aka...

'The defensive genius & MVP of the last two NCAA Tournaments.'

Pangos made him look silly on several occasions and displayed some moves I've never seen from him before. The cross-over, step-back, 3pt swish over a stumbling Nored stands out, not to mention several dribble-drives right past him for the easy lay-up or kiss off the glass. He had many other drives where he toasted the defense, yet made an errant pass and probably should have take even more shots as he forced a couple passes after tremendous moves.

Yes, KP found his shooting stroke, yet was most impressive was his ability to break-down Butler's defense on several possessions and shot 4-4 from INSIDE the arc.

An all-around great game from KP and every bucket he made was needed & seemed to come at the perfect time.

:clap:

btw, I have great respect for Nored as player and this is more a compliment/tribute to Pangos than anything...

kitzbuel
12-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Nored was nearly invisible. KP was able to really step up and have one of his better games of the year.

CDC84
12-20-2011, 08:24 PM
What was great about tonight's game is that it came off a game where he couldn't hit a pea in the ocean from the field but was still able to go 9/12 from the foul line and dish out 8 assists. Tonight he had a couple of bad turnovers (stop throwing bounce passes to big men who don't have good hands), but made up for it with his scoring.

RenoZag
12-20-2011, 08:53 PM
It won't be long before Dicky V is calling KP one of his "diaper dandies". . .

MDABE80
12-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Most outstanding player of the NCAA tournament?? You sure Baldwin?

Zag79
12-21-2011, 02:21 AM
So glad I don't have to read those lame nored/meech rants anymore, nored is no better now then when the discussions were going. Pangos ate him up, broke his ankles at one point before burying the three ball. Pangos all day.

kramzag
12-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Its Ronald friggin' Nored aka...

'The defensive genius & MVP of the last two NCAA Tournaments.'

Pangos made him look silly on several occasions and displayed some moves I've never seen from him before. The cross-over, step-back, 3pt swish over a stumbling Nored stands out, not to mention several dribble-drives right past him for the easy lay-up or kiss off the glass. He had many other drives where he toasted the defense, yet made an errant pass and probably should have take even more shots as he forced a couple passes after tremendous moves.

Yes, KP found his shooting stroke, yet was most impressive was his ability to break-down Butler's defense on several possessions and shot 4-4 from INSIDE the arc.

An all-around great game from KP and every bucket he made was needed & seemed to come at the perfect time.

:clap:

btw, I have great respect for Nored as player and this is more a compliment/tribute to Pangos than anything...

+1

That Pangos shake and 3 made me say "Oh S***!" out loud. Great sign that Nored was conscious of his driving ability.

jazzdelmar
12-21-2011, 05:00 AM
nored was a piece of the great butler teams, far from a star. paired with the nba kids he could do things he cant do now with this team. but pangos did play well agst him, a great sign. i just wish bell would look to shoot more, he has a sweet stroke, and that few would devise some iso plays for pangos. right now two guys roll with him all the time off the pick, knowing that the player who has set the pick -- hart, sacre, bell, et al -- are prob not gonna look to shoot. hurts pangos.

tyra
12-21-2011, 05:03 AM
I didn't think GB Jr was a part of the offense much of the night. He did (as I think we will see often in his career) hit a big trey when it counted.

hooter73
12-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Tonight he had a couple of bad turnovers (stop throwing bounce passes to big men who don't have good hands), but made up for it with his scoring.

Yup, those turnovers turn into assists if the big person can catch and hold onto the dang ball.

Reborn
12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
This was a matchups I really wanted to see, and Pangos definitely came out on top. Butler really had no answer for either him or for Elias Harris. Pangos is really becoming a fantastic penetrator, scoring on some plays and if not scoring most of the time he is fouled. He gets to the line more than any other Zag, and has the best FT shooting percentage. And the neat thing is that the season is still young and he will get even better.

Baseline
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Pangos has really surprised me at how fast he is advancing his game. All of this after 10 games. He has picked up the offense and how to run it very quick. Started as just an outside shooter, but is quickly developing an inside game. I didn't think he could do what he is doing based on height and speed, but he is very smart and can get more from his body than most.
Kevin has gone from going through the sets and the motion of the plays to now be an opportunist and improvise when its offered. His ball handling is the key to what he does. His ball handling is not truly appreciated for how good it is.

Oregonzagnut
12-21-2011, 04:26 PM
+1

That Pangos shake and 3 made me say "Oh S***!" out loud. Great sign that Nored was conscious of his driving ability.

I said "Oh Snap" too! We all let out a collective laugh at that juke out.

MDABE80
12-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Good to see Kevin creating space and then get off his feet quickly. SIgnature move for him when he get's it down better. Quite the progress these guards are making...it serves well for years to come.