• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azzagfan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Apr 2007

U-19 USA 86 Global Games AA 72

Bouldin, 22 min (4th most on team), 3-9 FG, 0-2 3P, 7 pts, 5 rebs, 1 ast. Box score here
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Re:

Wainwright said he was very encouraged by Matt's play in this game.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
      Wainwright said he was very encouraged by Matt's play in this game.
      USA Basketball

The USA U19 squad, which was selected June 30 after team trials were conducted with 18 hopefuls, leaves Sunday for Serbia where it will represent the United States in the 2007 FIBA U19 World Championship (players must be born on or after Jan. 1, 1988) that is being held July 12-22 in Novi Sad, Serbia.

The U.S. opens world championship play July 12 facing Mali in the opening game of the preliminary round, then meets China on July 13 and closes out preliminary round play against host Serbia on July 14. Second round play takes place July 16-18; quarterfinals are being held July 20; semifinals action is July 21; and finals are slated for July 22.

"I think it was good for us to have a tighter game, we’re still mixing and matching out there. I was really encouraged with the play of Matt Bouldin; certainly David Lighty and Patrick Beverley have been so solid throughout this whole tournament; and it was also good to see Deon Thompson play strong, he played really, really well too," said USA mentor Jerry Wainwright.
      I don't know if I posted this before (pesky creeping senility), but I found interesting the comments of Columbia College basketball Coach Bob Burchard who was on the selection committee for the team:

Gonzaga swingman Matt Bouldin was attractive because of his ability to play well no matter who he teamed with in the scrimmages.

Comment

Working...
      X