PDA

View Full Version : Jim's Pre-game

ID ZAGFAN
12-20-2011, 08:52 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/dec/19/two-time-finalist-butler-visits-gu/

Few on Butler, Stevens onFew:

Marshall, at 57.3, is the only player on the roster shooting above 50 percent, but Few has great respect for Butler’s system.

“They just run their stuff so tight,” he said. “Their dedication to execution is unmatched right now in college basketball.”

Over the last five years, Butler has averaged 29.2 wins, GU 25.6.

“You go through the country. North Carolina, Kentucky, Indiana, UCLA, you go through them (and) they’ve all had years when they haven’t been as good,” Stevens said. “It’s not very long, usually. But Gonzaga hasn’t. What they’ve done is remarkable.

“And they continue to get NBA players year in, year out. They’ve got two now.”

He’s referring to center Robert Sacre and forward Elias Harris, who combine to average 28.3 points and 15.5 rebounds per game.

ZaGranny

Vanzagger
12-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Many posters always write how little talent we have compared to the big boys(final four caliber teams).

Butler's coach says we get pros.

I like his version. Think big, play big, and raise expectations.

Also don't redshirt guys who you might need to make a run at it Sacre's senior year.

JPtheBeasta
12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Many posters always write how little talent we have compared to the big boys(final four caliber teams).

Also don't redshirt guys who you might need to make a run at it Sacre's senior year.

I am of the opinion that playing KO 5 minutes a game isn't the difference between WCC championship and a Final Four. As for the other redshirts, they are completely unproven commodities, and are probably even deeper on the bench than KO.

The beauty of it is, you can get your wish at any time. The redshirt issue is off-topic and is weird to bring up in this thread, though, IMO.

bballbeachbum
12-20-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/dec/19/two-time-finalist-butler-visits-gu/

“And they continue to get NBA players year in, year out. They’ve got two now.”

He’s referring to center Robert Sacre and forward Elias Harris, who combine to average 28.3 points and 15.5 rebounds per game.

ZaGranny

who knows, maybe by year's end it's to talk about. Now? sounds like pre-game coach speak, with some butter, no disrespect to Rob and Elias

04ZagFan
12-20-2011, 11:23 AM

Disagree... The whole "this is our chance, Rob will lead us to the promise land" thing just isn't accurate. We've got a very young team. Future is brighter than the present, IMO.