PDA

View Full Version : Early Track: Butler @ Gonzaga

Zag4Hire
12-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Opener is saying GU @ -13 1/2 but I am not seeing that anywhere. GU is sitting at -10 1/2 for most real time offerings so I guess people are loving Butler here probably due to name recognition. Remember same deal with Oral Bob but this isn't a trap game. Both teams are coming off highs from their respective wins but to me this is where the similarities end. From the few bits of action I have seen with Butler in their previous games, they don't do anything exceptionally well but they are good at taking advantage of their opponent's mistakes (especially Xavier and Purdue). Are we going to see the +15 TO GU squad or the 12- TO squad? That may be the key. Either way, the spread is too big for GU for fear of the backdoor cover but Butler could be a bit weary coming into Tuesday night. I think the under is sitting pretty at 135. Both teams like to mix it up physically so I think there will be only a handful of offensive spurts. Otherwise, quite a bit of foul shooting. GU wins!

GU 70
Butler 61

rennis
12-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Butler plays fantastic 3 pt. defense. I really don't see us getting to 70+ in this game, especially without student energy.

Zag4Hire
12-19-2011, 03:13 PM
# of games Butler has covered in last 9 games: 1
Under is 18-7-2 in Gonzaga's last 27 home games
Sagarin Differential: Gonzaga +14.01

ZagMan in Philly
12-19-2011, 03:37 PM
# of games Butler has covered in last 9 games: 1
Under is 18-7-2 in Gonzaga's last 27 home games
Sagarin Differential: Gonzaga +14.01

Wow..1-8 against the spread = over rated big time, i guess people are still thinking this is the Butler of the last two years.
I think Vegas will make this game -11 for the Zags.

Zag4Hire
12-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Wow..1-8 against the spread = over rated big time, i guess people are still thinking this is the Butler of the last two years.
I think Vegas will make this game -11 for the Zags.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe they know something I don't know.

MDABE80
12-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Butler plays hard. No Doubt. BUT they are inconsistent in their outcomes. If they play like Sunday against Purdue, it oculd be a long ESPN exposure. If not, I can see Zags winning by 10...despite Butler's best efforts.

The one thing is their best asset which is their coach. He's got a knack of in game coaching rarely seen. He' scares me more than his players do.

jimmy b
12-20-2011, 12:49 PM
The one thing is their best asset which is their coach. He's got a knack of in game coaching rarely seen. He' scares me more than his players do.[/QUOTE]

You are right about this...anyone watching them in last 2 years should have no doubt about his talent and calmness as a coach. Very impressive coach and guy (it seems that way anyway..seems very humble and grounded).

U Zig, I Zag
12-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Butler plays hard. No Doubt. BUT they are inconsistent in their outcomes. If they play like Sunday against Purdue, it oculd be a long ESPN exposure. If not, I can see Zags winning by 10...despite Butler's best efforts.

The one thing is their best asset which is their coach. He's got a knack of in game coaching rarely seen. He' scares me more than his players do.

Our Zags have the potential to be more explosive than Purdue (this year, so far). If the Zags can jump out ahead, the crowd stays in it (oldies, stand up) AND most importantly keep their boots on BU's throat than I think we can win going away. It won't be a blowout, but we can keep it 10+ once we get up 10.

Butler, love 'em as I do, uglies it up - but this is our house and Pangos or Bell is due to go off. Tell you what, Pangos hit's 5 3's and Rob stays out of foul trouble we win this thing.

GoZags
12-20-2011, 01:13 PM
http://myweb.cwpost.liu.edu/bbyrne/gzpics/ken.jpg

Oldtimers need to come through tonight.

tobizag
12-20-2011, 01:32 PM
http://myweb.cwpost.liu.edu/bbyrne/gzpics/ken.jpg

Oldtimers need to come through tonight.

that's an understatement. those of you fortunate enough to attend the game, please do your best to give us some sort of home court advantage.

U Zig, I Zag
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I am fortunate enough - I will be taunting the BU players on the court, the Butler mascot via twitter and yelling pretty much the whole time I am sure.