PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope to see tomorrow night vs Butler

Reborn
12-19-2011, 01:00 PM
More of Guy Landry-Edi. I'm hoping to see him score his first basket. And maybe even both a 3 pointer, a two pointer and a one pointer.

I hope Elias comes with the energy and conviction that he displayed Saturday. I hope he now becomes consistent in his ability to dominate a game. I would like to see him be our high scorer again. And I hope to see Dower play the same too. If our post players play the way they are capable of we should not have any problems at all.

I would also really like to see Pangos find his outside shot again.

LongIslandZagFan
12-19-2011, 01:08 PM
30%+ for behind the arc and 75%+ from charity land. Don't think I'm asking for a lot.

zag buddy
12-19-2011, 01:12 PM
More Guy and more Spangler. I cannot find fault with Spanglers' game and really would like to see his minutes increase. A modicum of turnovers. limit our turnovers and we will probably win the game. Also Sam Dower has got to pass the ball. He will be double teamed every time he gets the ball. It will be ugly if he constantly tries to shoot every time.

U Zig, I Zag
12-19-2011, 01:15 PM
This is going to come across as shallow, but I want some g'damn dunks and alley oops (and more than 4 3's).

Zag Man
12-19-2011, 01:18 PM
On a personal note, I love watching Butler play! They play a great team defense and are tenacious on the glass! I thought they played great the last 2 years and execute like a good college basketball team should.

I am a Zag fan, though, and I would like to see the team play just like they played against Arizona on Saturday, although it would nice to see a few long-range shots fall for us, too. Most importantly, I would like to see us take good care of the ball against the tight defense that Butler will employ. If we minimize our turnovers and play like we played on Saturday, I think we should win going away. The Zags really looks good in Seattle and now they need to show everyone that they can give a consistent effort in every game! This team could be very special IMO!

Good luck guys!

Baldwinzag
12-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I hope Elias comes with the energy and conviction that he displayed Saturday.

30%+ for behind the arc and 75%+ from charity land.

limit our turnovers and we will probably win the game.

but I want some g'damn dunks and alley oops (and more than 4 3's).

Most importantly, I would like to see us take good care of the ball against the tight defense that Butler will employ.

A little bit of this & a little bit of that. . .

Zag4Hire
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
30%+ for behind the arc and 75%+ from charity land. Don't think I'm asking for a lot.

I'll ask for less. 70% from FT but more than 20 attempts. Less than 15 3 pt shots but at a better clip.

bostonzagfan
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
a healthy win. and some guy landry excitement.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-19-2011, 01:30 PM
1. Limit TOs
2. Win rebounding battle
3. Strong perimeter D

rennis
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
On both ends of the floor.

*In both periods.

(*new addition this week)

coolhandzag
12-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Once again.....a Sacre drop-step.

DCZag
12-19-2011, 02:06 PM
I'd really like to see steady, consistent play (tough to do with so many young guys and a large rotation) and 40 minutes of effort - our killer instinct needs some work...

rennis
12-19-2011, 02:22 PM

:000tens:

zag944
12-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Stockton and Dower have been scoring well off the bench lately, but I would really like to see either Carter, Edi, Spangler, or MM find their groove and put together an efficent 10+.

U Zig, I Zag
12-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Stockton and Dower have been scoring well off the bench lately, but I would really like to see either Carter, Edi, Spangler, or MM find their groove and put together an efficent 10+.

For some reason I think that this will be a game where MM gets in. Keita's minutes (barely any) are probably gone unless we are looking at blowouts. Obviously Few was ready of Edi, he came in less than 5 mins into it.

stevet75
12-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Another game with less than 12 turnovers, improved shooting percentage, and domination on the boards.

bartruff1
12-19-2011, 02:33 PM
30%+ for behind the arc and 75%+ from charity land. Don't think I'm asking for a lot....I think you will get what your want...it will be very difficult to get the ball inside or to do much with it...no one is going to light up Butler for 25....

DixieZag
12-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I want to see more Guy Landry Edi - I would not be that surprised if he starts, he was in quickly against AZ, Coach Lloyd talked about how hard he practices (a sure way to see minutes on Few's team) and he brings the quickness and size combo of a flying "3" that we have not had, I want to see him present a huge match-up problem, grab rebounds, lead out the break and defend relentlessly.

I want to see Harris continue to be aggressive, let it start on the defensive end. Our defensive intensity has been terrific all year (except in a couple of second halves) and I want to see that continue through the Kclub-less portion of the season (which, I believe includes SMC?).

I want the same team that played the first 30 minutes against AZ - I don't think that was a fluke - and I want to see offensive development, better passing down low for lay-ups, and I want Pangos to shoot over 40% from 3.

Kiddwell
12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Less than 10 TOs; more than 80% FTs; a rain of treys; some big-time dominance on the O & D boards; and no second-half letdown...steamroll 'em, in other words, please. :)

:]

kclubfounder
12-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Harris has arrived.

Now it's Carter's turn.

That's what I want to see.

kclubfounder
12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Forgot the obligatory "other than a 'W', which I guess goes without saying."

Zag4Hire
12-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Less than 10 TOs; more than 80% FTs; a rain of treys; some big-time dominance on the O & D boards; and no second-half letdown...steamroll 'em, in other words, please. :)

:]

Unless you just rubbed a magic lamp, you may have to be content with some other gifts on Xmas morning instead of that Red Rider BB gun you listed :)

RenoZag
12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Swagger

Therunner
12-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Swagger

Zag Swag = Zwag?

HillBillyZag
12-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Just another win!

bostonzagfan
12-19-2011, 08:22 PM

you'll see a stockton drop step first.

btzag
12-19-2011, 08:26 PM
1: Domination inside by Sacre, Harris and Dower.

2: No more than 10 turnovers.

3: Smothering team defense, especially guards and wings.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-19-2011, 08:39 PM
This is going to come across as shallow, but I want some g'damn dunks and alley oops (and more than 4 3's).

Zags gotta have the least amount of dunks in D1

JPtheBeasta
12-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Just a thought... Some press or token back court pressure to try to speed up Butler a bit.

This is assuming Butler tries to work the clock, limit possessions, and dig in on the defensive end. We haven't necessarily been the greatest when the number of offensive chances are at a premium. This is also scary with our propensity for turnovers. In addition to the extra possessions, it can create some energy in a possibly lack-luster environment (with the KC gone) and get us a few easy transition buckets.

willandi
12-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Unless you just rubbed a magic lamp, you may have to be content with some other gifts on Xmas morning instead of that Red Rider BB gun you listed :)

You'll put your eye out!

gamagin
12-19-2011, 09:19 PM
t.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORK

kitzbuel
12-20-2011, 06:23 AM
t.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORKt.e.a.m.w.o.r.k. TEAMWORK TeAmWoRk tEaMwOrK TEAMwork teamWORK
Ouch, I think I had a seizure.

GoZags
12-20-2011, 06:37 AM
I believe the Zags will run (for the first time in awhile) the screen, then back-door lob for a Guy Landry Edi jam (the same play they used to occasionally run for Anthony Reasons, Erroll and Micah).

At least I'm hopeful that it will soon be in the repetoire.

Baldwinzag
12-20-2011, 06:40 AM
I believe the Zags will run (for the first time in awhile) the screen, then back-door lob for a Guy Landry Edi jam (the same play they used to occasionally run for Anthony Reasons, Erroll and Micah).

At least I'm hopeful that it will soon be in the repetoire.

:pray:

jbslicer
12-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Rotnei Clarke in street clothes.

Baldwinzag
12-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Rotnei Clarke in street clothes.

same. unfortunately, he didn't(couldn't?) make the trip. . .

Pargo the Destroyer
12-20-2011, 07:01 AM
You wanna know what I wanna see? I wanna see my boss Frank Shirley, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey #### he is! Hallelujah! Holy ####! Where's the Tylenol!?

bballbeachbum
12-20-2011, 07:48 AM

I'm sorry, didn't get that, What's your point gamagin?

I hope to see consistency in what this team is beginning to do, from its foundation, as keys game to game for this team. I hope to see the Zags Do It Again!

Lots of different keys for this one, but I'll go general and say tough, gritty, possession by possession intensity for 40 minutes in all phases to execute the varying elements of victory well stated in this thread already.

GO ZAGS!!!

coolhandzag
12-20-2011, 08:08 AM
you'll see a stockton drop step first.

That would be funny if it wasn't so damn true, but a drop-step through the right hip would or an up and under would do wonders for the effectiveness of Sacre's little jump/hook over the right shoulder. Once that was developed he could work on a short little step-back jumper. If he could put those skills to effective use he collects a million dollars+ a year.

RenoZag
12-20-2011, 08:17 AM
you wanna know what i wanna see? I wanna see my boss frank shirley, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on melody lane with all the other rich people and i want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and i want to look him straight in the eye and i want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey #### he is! Hallelujah! Holy ####! Where's the tylenol!?

Rant of the year !! ( even if it is lifted from a movie. . .timeless classic for a good reason )

bartruff1
12-20-2011, 08:18 AM
After the game against Arizona, I see Pangos making the high percentage pass for a high percentage shot and taking the shot when if is there. I just don't think Butler will frustrate him. I would like to see some Spangler, not because he is key to winning, but just because I really enjoy his game.

bostonzagfan
12-20-2011, 08:25 AM
That would be funny if it wasn't so damn true, but a drop-step through the right hip would or an up and under would do wonders for the effectiveness of Sacre's little jump/hook over the right shoulder. Once that was developed he could work on a short little step-back jumper. If he could put those skills to effective use he collects a million dollars+ a year.

why get an easy dunk when you can throw up a turning, fading shot that lands you at the three point line by the time the ball hits the rim? he literally has to run back so far to keep from falling on some of his off balance fading away shots.

coolhandzag
12-20-2011, 09:03 AM
why get an easy dunk when you can throw up a turning, fading shot that lands you at the three point line by the time the ball hits the rim? he literally has to run back so far to keep from falling on some of his off balance fading away shots.

The more options Sacre has on the block the better.

JPtheBeasta
12-20-2011, 09:10 AM
When did this become pick-on-Rob time?

I think monkeys will fly out of his butt before he makes a drop step and dunks on somebody. I guess all of the above was said in fun but he is being criticized for being something he is not, and if he was that guy he would be in the NBA right now, and probably would have played for Kentucky.

kramzag
12-20-2011, 09:22 AM
1. Limit TOs
2. Win rebounding battle
3. Strong perimeter D

+2

Along with a big Edi dunk and GBJ shooting the rock.

coolhandzag
12-20-2011, 09:30 AM
When did this become pick-on-Rob time?

I think monkeys will fly out of his butt before he makes a drop step and dunks on somebody. I guess all of the above was said in fun but he is being criticized for being something he is not, and if he was that guy he would be in the NBA right now, and probably would have played for Kentucky.

It didn't. Rob would be more effective in the post if he had a move to the right (ying) to opppose his jump/hook to the left. Reborn ask what I wanted to see. That's what I would like to see.

I agreed that Stocks would problay attempt a post move along those lines before Sacre, funny or not.

Rob's a warrior for sure, but him game could be amplified with an additional post move.

Reborn
12-20-2011, 12:27 PM
In the end, the most important thing I want to see at the end of the game is one more Zag win at home. It really doesn't matter how we get it.

BUT I would like to see a thunderous dunk by Landry-Edi. I want to see what he has.

chirguy
12-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Hustle. All I really care about is for them to play hard, to play with heart or is it hart. When the guard especially play with enthusiasm it's a joy to watch.

btzag
12-20-2011, 07:06 PM
1: Domination inside by Sacre, Harris and Dower.

2: No more than 10 turnovers.

3: Smothering team defense, especially guards and wings.

Yes, yes and yes = WIN

Reborn
12-21-2011, 09:44 AM
More of Guy Landry-Edi. I'm hoping to see him score his first basket. And maybe even both a 3 pointer, a two pointer and a one pointer.

I hope Elias comes with the energy and conviction that he displayed Saturday. I hope he now becomes consistent in his ability to dominate a game. I would like to see him be our high scorer again. And I hope to see Dower play the same too. If our post players play the way they are capable of we should not have any problems at all.

It must be Christmas season. I got everything I asked for. Thanks Santa! :D