• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
    Horseback Zag
    • Feb 2007

Reputation Steamroller..

I'm liking this, there seems to be an accelerating rate of rep accumulation among Foop dogg and the foonky bunch (us) is anyone else noticing this trend? Really, I mean, 4 squares looks very attainable for many of us, and the more we get, the more it becomes an accelerating curve of self-congratulation? Hmmm..did we actually beat the system????Fooo...k Yeah, I think we did lads and lassies!
    How to ride a horse:
    Step One - Mount the horse.
    Step Two - Stay mounted ...
  • Bocco
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I'm liking this too. Would like it even more if receiving rep was more like a steamroller than the way it seems to be a steamrollercoaster. 2-3 one day and 6-8 the next, and most irritatingly gray rep boxes seem to be appearing with more regularity. Oh well such is life.

I have no doubt that there will be multiple 4 square posters by by basketball season, in fact I think there will be multiple 6-8 square posters if the regular fooers keep repping at this pace. I crossed the 100 square mark around June 30 and I am now at 138, and several members that were behind be at one time have now passed my in rep so they are gaining even faster than I am, so we could easily have 5 or so getting their third rep in less than two weeks.

We also seem to be garnering additional Foo rep seekers daily which will only speed up the process and the number of multiple square posters.

As to beating the system I don't know about that since I have noticed more that one Administrator or Moderator has joined the fray and is passing out a little rep.

Besides the regular Foo reppers I have begun repping Mods and Admins especially those with only one rep box on the basic philosophy that they deserve to have their rep enhanced for all the time and effort they put in to give us a good, clean, and well run forum. Its my way of saying thanks guys.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• MickMick
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

Thanks for putting me at 99!

And I agree....rep the guys that are putting in the hard work!

The Admin, moderators here are great. They haven't banned me yet!

(Honestly, I have never been banned from a message board before.)
      You gotta know when you are in the "grey area"
      I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Pallet
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

My rep isn't really steam rolling because I don't post consistently. I tend to take a few days off while working during the week and then resume during my weekend. Maybe by the time the season starts I'll be at 2 boxes.

Comment

• Bocco
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

You'll be there before the begiing of the season. Even as busy as you are you ought to be able to hit the siite evey other day and put a post on "Foo Puddin".

Thanks for the rep today. ....unfortunately it came through as one of these yet to be explained gray rep boxes. For some reason I have received 3 of those in the last three days.
          The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

Questions

i have a question or two about repping: I am only allowed to rep someone one time, even if it's been ages since I repped them before. But others have repped me more than once. What gives???

How many reps before I get two squares? Where can I check everyone's reps?

Help me out, please. The Voice wants another green square!

Comment

• MickMick
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pallet View Post
              My rep isn't really steam rolling because I don't post consistently. I tend to take a few days off while working during the week and then resume during my weekend. Maybe by the time the season starts I'll be at 2 boxes.
              Pallet thanks for the rep...though it was a grey

Would have put me at 100, but it is the thought that counts
              I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Bocco
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by El Voce View Post
                i have a question or two about repping: I am only allowed to rep someone one time, even if it's been ages since I repped them before. But others have repped me more than once. What gives???

How many reps before I get two squares? Where can I check everyone's reps?

Help me out, please. The Voice wants another green square!
                El Voce,

Once I rep anyone I have to rep 19 or 20 other posters before I can rep that person again. So in order to give out rep you have to be a pretty persistent repper. If people post on the "Foo Puddin" it makes it a little easier to pass out the rep, and thus being able to rep someone again.

You can rep 10 people per day.

You need 100 reps to get the second green box.

You can only rep a post once, so it is to your advantage to have a number of posts, or at least to post on the "Foo Puddin" so the dedicated reppers don't have to search a number of forums to find a post of yours they have not previously repped.

Comment

• RandomZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jul 2007

These repping endeavors reminds me of that show Whose Line is it Anyway? with Drew Carey. He would dish out "points" to whomever he thought won the improvisation sketch. What these "points" meant in the long run, who knows.

Still, repping is fun stuff!

Comment

I've been a reppin' fool today, still can't give a second rep to anybody! MODS, help me!

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Voice:

If you're getting the "You have given out too much reputation" message, there's nothing that can be done about it. . .
                      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Rubbadub
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

150 is the magic number to get to "has a spectacular aura..." right?
                        sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• sonuvazag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Don't know if anyone noticed, but 94Zag is now "a jewel in the rough," in the run the pointer over his green boxes.

I'm at 149, so if anyone wants to see me have a spectacular aura...
                          Agent provocateur

Comment

• kdaleb
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I'm done for the day... can someone love on me in the meantime?

PS - check out my new avatar. It's my newly 18 month old doing his new favorite activity -- coloring! He's finally learned that crayons are not for eating.

Comment

• 94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
                              Horseback Zag
                              • Feb 2007

All right, what's going on here?

Originally posted by Bocco View Post
                              You'll be there before the begiing of the season. Even as busy as you are you ought to be able to hit the siite evey other day and put a post on "Foo Puddin".

Thanks for the rep today. ....unfortunately it came through as one of these yet to be explained gray rep boxes. For some reason I have received 3 of those in the last three days.

I'm getting grey boxes too? Damnit, I know they're positives, but they're coming across as neutral!

Mods? Admins?
                              How to ride a horse:
                              Step One - Mount the horse.
                              Step Two - Stay mounted ...

Comment

Working...
                              X