PDA

View Full Version : Is SWX confused?

primal23
12-19-2011, 11:10 AM
http://www.swxrightnow.com/story/16354397/zags-all-smiles-after-meaningful-win-over-arizona

Second story I read talking about Xavier being without 3 players for the GU game. I may be wrong but isn't everyone going to be back by then?

sittingon50
12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Yes, unless the A-10 or NCAA decide to jump in late.

Baldwinzag
12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Very.

This is the 3rd time I've read this via various media outlets and its highly inaccurate(lazy?) reporting.

As long as they continue to publicize X w/o starters vs Gonzaga, it'll be a lose-lose situation when we play them.

Not good for the "rep" whether we win or lose. I'm sure they'll straighten it out soon enough...

kitzbuel
12-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. That X-GU game eons away in the media's focus on the future. I am sure it will be a feature fact when the game finally comes around. 'How will X respond after players being unavailable? How rusty will they be?', etc, etc.

CDC84
12-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I doubt the A-10 and NCAA will jump in and embellish the self imposed penalties. Although it is never publicly acknowledged, when a university puts in its own penalties, it's almost always with the tightlipped approval of both governing bodies. You rarely see embellishment. It's a well known PR stunt within college athletics.