PDA

View Full Version : 2011 - 2012 Rankings

75Zag
12-19-2011, 10:12 AM
So, GU appears to be circling the national ranking toilet bowl. If we don't beat Xavier, when does GU return to the national ranking list?

A. never

B. never

C. your suggestion / idea

My goal = GU playing in Portland in March. Not feeling the love at this moment, but maybe Reborn or another optimist will save me.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

kitzbuel
12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
So, GU appears to be circling the national ranking toilet bowl. If we don't beat Xavier, when does GU return to the national ranking list?

A. never

B. never

C. your suggestion / idea

My goal = GU playing in Portland in March. Not feeling the love at this moment, but maybe Reborn or another optimist will save me.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

A sound thumping of Longwood might just get us back in.

Knotsolucky
12-19-2011, 10:27 AM
If we don't beat Xavier, when does GU return to the national ranking list?

Isn't the outcome of beating Xavier a little premature? Seems to me we've got to get by a very tough Butler, Air force and even Portland (they always bring their A-Game) games first...

One game at a time please...

rennis
12-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Just win. RPI alone will keep us in the discussion for a good seed if we continue to win, and especially if we win the WCC and in Vegas.

Rankings are irrelevant. Just win baby!

bartruff1
12-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I suspect we will lose not only to the Gangsters but to BYU and St Marys and to a couple other WCC teams on their courts and at intervals that will keep us in the " others recieving votes " category ...out of the top 25... if we can get there, a seed of no better than 7 in March ....but hell...I have been wrong in the past...as much as that may annoy some, that is a realistic acomplishment and a very successful season in my view.

zag67
12-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Bart, I think that you are wrong this time. OK, I hope you are wrong this time. I do think that we will have about 3 more losses.