• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bostonzagfan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Oct 2011

GU #34 in Bilas's Top 68

Jay Bilas introduces his inaugural Top 68 rankings, looking at the best college basketball teams through a combination of metrics and visual analysis. In the debut ranking, Syracuse leads, but Kentucky is close behind.

GU is 34th. BYU right behind at 35th, and so is SMC at 37th.

Illinois is 25th, and Mich St 14th.

Creighton (Grant Gibbs) is 27th, and Cal is 32nd.

Zona is 51. Oral Roberts and Butler not ranked.
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

That seems just a little high to me. I think MSU and Illinois are two very tough teams. Bilas has us right about where our RPI is, I thought that our RPI would go up after ORU beat Xavier.

I hope to see us run off that 5 in a row that BZ predicted (postulated?) - I think the team has some good "vibes" going right now, being able to beat down AZ with terrible outside shooting is a great sign, I think we will be able to get far more balance in the future making us more stable offensively and less predictable.

I also think that Guy is going to be a real weapon. After watching the game again, Guy showed that he is VERY fast defensively, he also slipped around screens better than most, he brings a couple of things to the floor that Hart doesn't in that he is WAY above the rim and though he missed all of his shots yesterday, Few believes he is another legitimate 3 pt threat.

A lot of reason for optimism right now - and I would not trade our two starting guards for any on the west coast.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2008

Aside the top ten, I like to think of rankings in tiers of 10 teams. I think GU should be one tier higher, 21-30, but I suppose that's why they play the games.
      What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

Working...
      X