• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frontrangezag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Jul 2007

GU v. UNC

OK,

I think that I just watched this game for the 6th time this morning. This game was special to me since all of my family went to UNC or Duke or NC State. I however, have a degree from GU (not georgetown).

What got me excited?

Pargo's moves to the hoop.

Josh's confidence.

Bouldin's swagger.

Pendo's b-ball intelligence.

I can't wait for this year. I am really looking forward to what LG can offer as well as the new guys.

I hate baseball season.

I am counting down the days.

BTW, I forgot how many time Lavin mentions Jack and Dan's during the game. I miss Spokane.
  • TheZagPhish
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

It's a fun watch for sure

I have this game on my iPod for those times when I just need to see a fun, lively game. The respect Roy Williams gives to Few at the end is nice to see too.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• ZagMania
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80
      Does anyone have a tape of it?
      I don't have a tapes of many of the games from the last couple of seasons and I am really regretting it.. I am dying to see some Pargo spins, Heytvelt alley oops, and Raivio's shooting.

Anyways that gave me an idea. I was thinking that for next season I might try to get all the games online and put them up through bittorrent. Then anyone could download the games and our Zags could be immortalized online. This could only work if enough people were interested, so let me know if you think this is a good idea.

Comment

• TheZagPhish
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I've got a handful of '06-'07 games...

Good idea on BitTorrents! I'll see what I can do.

However, I'm on vacation in a hotel room in London right now so it'll have to wait until I get home. See what a junkie I am? I wait for Mrs. TheZagPhish to leave the room and BAM! I'm on GU Boards! Niiiiice! 'Cause nothing says UK holiday like hanging out with my Zaghead friends!

Still, I am happy to share the commercial-free edit of the UNC game (in convenient and non-fat MP4 format) to anyone interested. Let me get that put together when I'm state-side again.

Peace.
        Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• scrooner
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I just started watching that UNC game again yesterday I'm only to the part where we're down 10-0 to start the game. I hope it gets better! <biting fingernails>

Comment

• ZagMania
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TheZagPhish View Post
            Good idea on BitTorrents! I'll see what I can do.

However, I'm on vacation in a hotel room in London right now so it'll have to wait until I get home. See what a junkie I am? I wait for Mrs. TheZagPhish to leave the room and BAM! I'm on GU Boards! Niiiiice! 'Cause nothing says UK holiday like hanging out with my Zaghead friends!

Still, I am happy to share the commercial-free edit of the UNC game (in convenient and non-fat MP4 format) to anyone interested. Let me get that put together when I'm state-side again.

Peace.
            Awesome, abut how big is the file size? I will definitely download it and help seed, and next year I plan to have a Zags site up for stats, and links to videos and ofcourse this message board. One of the things I am planning on trying to do is to DVR all the games and putting them up on bittorrent (or possibly on the server depending on disc space issues) so everyone can download them.

Comment

• MickMick
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

I bought a DVD recorder for the sole purpose of recording Zag games. I probably have 20 games of Adam Morrison.

If I only had the technical know how. I would put together one heck of a Youtube medly.
              I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Zag509
                Bulldog Fan
                • Feb 2007

Can anybody beat all of 03-04, all of 04-05, all of 05-06, and all of 06-07???

To be fair I am missing a few games from 03-04 and one or two from 04-05 due to lack of coverage or VCR problems. But a few games from 02-03 make up for it I think!! I even have the Zona game!!

They certainly help the summertime blues. I watched last years home St. Mary's game today. The very day of the suspensions. Despite the situation, that was a fun and emotional win.

Comment

• ZagMania
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Feb 2007

MickMick, that is exactly why I want to start getting all the games from here on out in digital form available online. I can imagine that years from now I will still be dying to see Ammo and everyone else playing with in their GU unis and while I'm definitely plan on trying to record everything I can from here on out, wouldn't it be awesome if we all shared our personal collection online?

Maybe I want this so bad because I'm selfish and was too stupid to be recording all of the games in the past. What I would do to see us nearly knock off Arizona in 2003 again, and while youtube clips like this are great you just know that there are people that have the full game on VHS that they could share online with a little bit of work.

Comment

• ZagMania
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

To transfer the games to your computer from a VHS all you need is a capture card and some software that you can probably download for free online. Once you get it on your PC you can put it up through bittorrent and anyone can download it from you. If people did this for some of the classics I would be a much happier person

Comment

• ZagNut08
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

where is ZagSlug with his season highlight video???

Comment

• brasszag
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Feb 2007

What I'd particularly like is the Elite 8 Run games.
                        There's no such thing as "garbage time" - there's only the time to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

That is what is best about being a Zag.

Comment

• ZagMania
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by brasszag View Post
                          What I'd particularly like is the Elite 8 Run games.
                          Yeah, if anyone has these on tape I will help guide you step by step through the process of how to get these online if needed.

Comment

• Zag79
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

i have every march madness game on tape from 99. (sorry, no 95)... my next feat is going to be putting them onto dvd! i bought our computer specifically for taping games off directv INTO the computer media center and burning to dvd.

Comment

• Oregon Zag
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Feb 2007

bball-starved

Being able to download Zags' games would be awesome. Tech savvy folks will need to help the not-so-techos. I wish I had DVDs for all Zag games. It's too bad there isn't a place to get copies of seasons, games, etc. We'd be maxing out the credit cards.
                              Oregon Zag

Comment

Working...
                              X