pangos - 30.5
stocks - 21.5
carter - 21.1
bell - 25.1
hart - 18.1
dower - 17.8
harris - 29.4
sacre - 28.4

If Guy ends up cracking the rotation, which he most likely will, those minutes have to come from somewhere. Dower/Harris/Sacre will most likely be unaffected (they averaged 75 minutes coming into tonight, and played 74).

bell played 32, pangos played 29 so they don't look like they will be losing minutes. the first thought in my mind would be that guy would take mins from hart, but hart played 30 tonight.

rather, stocks lost some minutes (just 13) and carter only played 8 (!!!) minutes.

In the future, who's mins will guy be taking? Will the rotation expand to 9 with guy taking a couple minutes from a few diff players? I would think so, because stocks is the backup pg, and i can't see carter being benched.

for chemistry sake, i think few goes with 9 until maybe the wcc tourney and march madness.

zag67
12-17-2011, 09:17 PM
I think 10. I think you need to also put in Spangler. So Guy and Spangler will chew up some of the minutes.

MickMick
12-17-2011, 09:52 PM
I believe I wrote this earlier:

Stockton, Pangos, Bell, and Carter rotate for two guard spots.
May the best three win.

Hart, Edie, Hoff, and Keita rotate for one SF spot.
May the best two win.

Harris and Spangler rotate for one PF spot

Sacre and Dower rotate for one Center spot.

That is a nine man rotation with three guys doing a lot of sitting.

That is how I think it ends up. Hoff really needed to show himself before Edie became eligible. I'm not sure that he did.

The same can be said about Carter. Few needs length at that SF spot. I think Edie zooms past him and the three guard lineup eventually phases out except for situational play.

webspinnre
12-17-2011, 11:41 PM
I think the minutes come from Carter and Hart. Loved his defensive energy out there, and his flat out athleticism. Can't wait to see him settle in to the offense. I think MickMick has it laid out pretty well, except that occasionally we'll run three guards out there, and maybe occasionally run three bigs (we did that at least once tonight).

bostonzagfan
12-18-2011, 06:45 AM
At this point, spangler is not a rotation player (5 or 6 mpg).

if the three guard lineup is abandoned... someone is going to be very unhappy. Even if Pangos and Bell both play just 25 mpg, that leaves just 15 mpg each for stockton and carter. i think stockton would be ok with that, but i cant see carter being ok with it. i mean to go from wcc tournament mvp and that great game against st johns, to being a 15 mpg player... stunning really

bartruff1
12-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Looks to me like Carter has played himself out of the rotation. Few gave him every opportunity. Now he will have to start over and prove he has earned some minutes and he may, but it won't be easy.

gamagin
12-18-2011, 08:09 AM
I believe I wrote this earlier:

Stockton, Pangos, Bell, and Carter rotate for two guard spots.
May the best three win.

Hart, Edie, Hoff, and Keita rotate for one SF spot.
May the best two win.

Harris and Spangler rotate for one PF spot

Sacre and Dower rotate for one Center spot.

That is a nine man rotation with three guys doing a lot of sitting.

That is how I think it ends up. Hoff really needed to show himself before Edie became eligible. I'm not sure that he did.

The same can be said about Carter. Few needs length at that SF spot. I think Edie zooms past him and the three guard lineup eventually phases out except for situational play.

Because he wound up so well, I think Carter will keep getting opportunities. But agree the rope is getting shorter and shorter. As it should.

I think the coaches feel MC "must" have a great game or two left before he departs because unlike the others, he has shown he can do it. Painful as the process seems to be.