PDA

View Full Version : ZaGranny's Adventures in Seattle

ID ZAGFAN
12-17-2011, 05:18 PM
We got here last night. Hotel was full of Zags fans, as was the restataurant last night.

This morning we got up and after walking the dogs, went right of to the Seattle Center to the pre-game. Hot dogs and beer for breakfast! We saw Hondo at the social. At about 12, we went over to the arena so that I could do my pre-game walk.

We checked our seats, to see how many steps I would have to climb. Wasn't too bad, so we kept those seats. I was glad, because I got to sit next to PsychoZag, who was a great person to sit next to.

There was a man with a baby in front of and I thought I might need to temper my cheering a bit, but he overheard me and said I didn't have to. The baby was very interested when he heard me yelling deeeee-fense. Three folks to the left of the baby were glad I was cheering, and a man even turned around an high-fived me after a great play and score and said defense. The baby actually slept most of the second half.

I thought the Zags played like their hair was on fire for the first ten minutes and more, and didn't really have much of a let up. Elias had a monster game. I was glad to see Guy Landry get some minutes, and thought that Dower, Stockton and the starters had good games. It was a great game

After the game, we went to T. S. McHugh's Irish pub for snacks, then drove back to our hotel. Got slightly lost coming back, and then the last 2 blocks took us about 45 minutes because there was a lot of emergency equipment right in front of our hotel.

We're now relaxing and getting ready to go out for dinner a bit later.

A great day in Seattle---the other ZagLand!

ZaGranny

ID ZAGFAN
12-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Forgot to say--a highlight of the game was a young kid (about 13) playing the National Anthem on an electric guitar. It was incredible!

ZaGranny

ZagMan in Philly
12-18-2011, 03:21 AM
I saw a lot of people with Zags clothing and gear at the game on T.V. Glad you had a great time with other Zags. My hope is to be able to attend one of the BIS games in the future. That was a great win.

bartruff1
12-18-2011, 04:18 AM
Forgot to say--a highlight of the game was a young kid (about 13) playing the National Anthem on an electric guitar. It was incredible!

ZaGranny There was another kid from there that played the Anthem on a electric guiter...left handed and backwords !!...that worked out ok..

Psychozag
12-18-2011, 07:40 AM
It was nice to meet you. I am glad we got to celebrate a win together rather than commiserate a loss (I have done that a few times at the BIS).

gu03alum
12-18-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm glad you had a good time and got to see a victory. Beer and hotdogs for breakfast sounds awesome.

ID ZAGFAN
12-18-2011, 07:16 PM
We slept late, so left Seattle about 11:00 AM with a stop in CLe Elum for breakfast, a stop at the hotel in Spokane to pick up the dog food canister we had left there when we stayed there after the ORU game, and a stop at Papa Murphy's to pick up a pizza for dinner. We made it home about 7:00 PM. The roads were clear, but we came through quite a bit of fog in North Idaho.

Great adventure in Seattle at the BIS.

ZaGranny