PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - BIS - 12/17/11

RenoZag
12-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Zags make it two in a row by holding off the Wildcats.

Strong performance from Elias Harris; others chipped in.

Who's your player of the game Zag Nation ?

Jedster
12-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Easily Harris. What a great game for him. Overall we played good, but had a bit of trouble with the pressure in their face. Biggest issue was free throws. Gotta get better at those!

bballbeachbum
12-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Elias Pangos

voted E, but Kevin played very well

McZag
He showed a ton of heart and a suite of skills today. Very impressive effort from him.

gamagin
BIG, Big, big, breakout COMPLETE game. Cheers, too, to landry for representing and for all that GREAT. twp platoon teamwork for 3/4ths of the game. And for staying with the AZ comeback effort for the finish.

Ezag
12-17-2011, 02:17 PM
No doubt on this one

whatazag
12-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Harris for sure. He also played with more intensity on defense too, which was nice to see (although he did still lose his guy a couple times which led to easy baskets).

kitzbuel
12-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Great game by EH. Easy vote for him.

I really, really liked watching GLE's entry passes though. Golly he looks good!

Zagdawg
12-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Harris brought it today-- it would be nice to see him do this going forward.

Mantua
12-17-2011, 02:19 PM
The team looked sharp today. They got a little bogged down in the second half. Pangos was impressive. Good to catch a glimpse of GLE.

kclubfounder
12-17-2011, 02:21 PM
My desire for the Oral Roberts game was for Harris to have a great game, because we need him desperately.

The only responsible vote for Gunit of the Oral Roberts game was for Harris :)

Now, I think Harris has the chance to justifiably win the Gunit player of the game with a unanimous vote.

I am so proud of myself.

:adored:

gamagin
12-17-2011, 02:23 PM
The team looked sharp today. They got a little bogged down in the second half. Pangos was impressive. Good to catch a glimpse of GLE.

Spangler got his beak wet today too. Looked like a vet at times.

JAGzag
12-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Pangos? Who voted Pangos over Harris? E had a fantastic game but in my mind really cemented his role as a 3. Pangos had some great passes but couldn't buy a 3 pointer - not sure what's happened to his touch.

roxdoc
12-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Harris as a "3" ????

ZagMan in Philly
12-17-2011, 02:38 PM
No contest...nice game EH.

Baseline
12-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Harris because of his energy, for once it was pretty much there the whole game.
Pangos is turning into a real floor general. When he gets used to shooting with pressure he will be a force.
Eddi looked good, promise of things to come.
Spangler grabbed a rebound that I didn't think he could get. I like what I see in this kid, hope to see more soon.
Dower has looked good in 2 games now, lets hope he is back.
Sacrae, good solid work.

Reborn
12-17-2011, 02:39 PM
This was an easy on. Great game by Elias. I loved his effort, and he got a number of his points off offensive rebounds. And he was passing again today and playing within the offense. Wow! I think our guards could have gotten the ball to him more though. Im in favor of the theory saying you get the ball to the hot player.

I liked the way Pangos handled the ball. That was really a tough outing, as Fogg is one of the better defenders around. That was as tough as I think it may get for Pangos. And then I begin to think of the point guard Butler has. Wow! I thought our guards shot too much the second half and they were not hitting anything. Luckily they stopped as we headed down the home stretch. Pangos was 0-5 and Bel 1-7.

77Zag
12-17-2011, 02:51 PM
When E is on and playing like he did today, we are a beast and will be a VERY solid team.
Great job E, great job entire team...

Go Zags - Beat Butler!

2wiceright
12-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Harris g-Unit no contest. He was playing with the intensity that's been missing in prior games. If he continues to play with fire- he definitely is our "go-to" guy. 27 points-WOW!
Pangos continues to play with poise- distributed half of teams assists with 0 turnovers and 13 points, 9-12 from the line. Nice lack of turnovers by the TEAM- only 7 for the game, Finally!!!
Bell , like Pangos played well but both were off on their shot- it'll come...
Hart gave it his all once again and Dower seems to be back. Also nice to see Spangler grab a rebound with two guys blocking him out! Finally nice to see Edi get some minutes as well.

Bocco
12-17-2011, 03:17 PM
no contest EH was the player of the game

the other key of the game was only 7 turnovers, if we had the 17-20 of past games we would have lost, hopefully we can continue to take care of the ball

MickMick
12-17-2011, 05:24 PM
I have been toughest on Harris all year long.

This is what we should expect from an upperclassmen. Great, great game by Harris.

It feels good to praise him again. I hope he brings it like that consistently.

I would feel better if Andy Poling had not abused UA in much the same manner. They will get abused inside all year long. Kinda soft if you ask me.
They do press well though.

bartruff1
12-17-2011, 05:48 PM
My desire for the Oral Roberts game was for Harris to have a great game, because we need him desperately.

The only responsible vote for Gunit of the Oral Roberts game was for Harris :)

Now, I think Harris has the chance to justifiably win the Gunit player of the game with a unanimous vote.

I am so proud of myself.

:adored: I bet your nemesis (I will not mention his name) voted for Kevin just to piss you off...

jim77
12-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Elias had a great game.....and Mike Hart played fantastic too.

rawkmandale
12-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Harris was the star, but both Hart and Dower also played great - SO happy to see Dower look confident. Where does Hart get that energy?

Vanzagger
12-17-2011, 07:02 PM
did that time out he called at the end of the game remind you of another game?

Nice composure from our senior.

zagray
12-17-2011, 07:37 PM
What a game for Harris, and no turnovers AGAIN!
This team could pan out to be a real good defensive team.
Big Rob, Hart, Bell, Edi, all above average defenders. :)

awberke
12-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Harris had the fire i saw twice before this game. I loved it. Even though it wasn't the best shooting performance, and we let them come back some, i think everyone has to be excited about the prospects of this team.

I also thought Guy looked solid for his first game. He pulled down rebounds, made a good move to the basket, made some good passes.

I think eventually it will be 25 minutes for Guy and 15 for Hart. Mike is just a hustler, you have to respect it.

snebzag
12-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Harris-G Unit

Play of the game was Spang's block. Wow! With authority.

ZagsGoZags
12-17-2011, 10:05 PM
sometimes I fudge a little on this vote,
wanting to give kudos to somebody not often player of the game
but today
Harris towered above all,
if he plays like this more
I'll stop criticizing his play for not passing more

sittingon50
12-17-2011, 10:38 PM
10 Zags play, all get at least 2 boards, including Ryan in only 4 minutes.

Nevtelen
12-17-2011, 10:58 PM
No question it's Elias here, but major major props to Pangos and Hart. Pangos with an 8/1 A/TO ratio vs the toughest extended pressure he's probably faced in a game was huge - like others have said, if we turn it over another 10 times in that game, we probably lose. Also Hart's 6 - 6! - offenseive boards was just amazing. He didn't try and be something he's not, he just went out their and played his role as well as he could have. Every successful team needs that.

Bogozags
12-18-2011, 08:59 AM
EH played a solid game. His defense is improving too! I really like the confidence he displays, especially after MSU. I hope his game continues to improve as he will be really tough in WCC play! Butler is our next opponent and am looking forward to watching him. Not sure they have an answer for him.