PDA

View Full Version : Butler takes down Purdue

Zagdawg
12-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Nice comeback.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I love intrastate rivalry games. The guys always play so much harder.

Oregonzagnut
12-17-2011, 12:15 PM
I love intrastate rivalry games. The guys always play so much harder.

Bingo, That is why we can't get down when teams like WSU and EWU give us fits every year. Even the Idaho and Montana teams are local mid major rivalires that always seem to play above their level.

ZagNut08
12-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Reminded me of a certain runner gonzaga had way back when.

Just glad it didn't go into ot

RenoZag
12-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Even though the W - L record isn't bright & shiny, I expect Butler will give the Zags a very tough game.

Your thoughts ?

gamagin
12-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Even though the W - L record isn't bright & shiny, I expect Butler will give the Zags a very tough game.

Your thoughts ?

This time of year it's all about building your team up and never giving up. Butler did just that v. purdue. We led from the opening and AZ made numerous runs but we never gave up.

Butler v. GU will be a gut check game for both teams. For us, I think it will involve our bigs vs. theirs underneath at both ends. And who wants it more.

I like our chances but I think Butler may present our toughest test to date. We need to fill all 40 minutes with Sic 'em vs. these guys. Because that's what they did vs. Purdue. And they prevailed in the last few seconds.

bartruff1
12-18-2011, 09:33 AM
big advantage even if students out of town, but Butler will bring it on defense and that usually give you a chance to win...will be a lot of fun..edited to add that I was wrong about MSU and Arizona...

bballbeachbum
12-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Your thoughts ?

liking the Big 10 games in the schedule more and more, especially that MSU game which allowed for a week to really drill like crazy on rebounding I'm assuming, to challenge this team to be dominant on the glass as key to victory every game, with this team's personnel. That is showing up and tipping the balance of things big. Has to continue with determined focus and desire, like a good running game, just grind teams with this strength on this team. Starting to find some consistency on this one, Butler the next test.

ZagNative
12-18-2011, 11:40 AM
I was a little bit surprised to see how high KenPom has estimated the probability of a win.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-THn6I8d1Htc/Tu5PYNP55fI/AAAAAAABTbs/iwK_el9stOE/s512/2011-12-18%252520Kenpom.jpg?gl=US

maynard g krebs
12-18-2011, 01:19 PM
When the Zags were 4-5 or whatever it was early last year, I'm sure nobody was taking them likely. Same thing with Butler now, for sure. Their stars from the run are gone, but the players that are left know how to win, as yesterday showed. I'll be very happy with a win at Butler, and a little disappointed but not shocked by a loss. Beating a quality program on the road, even in a down year for them, takes a very good game with minimal mistakes.

sittingon50
12-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Not sure if I'm reading you right Maynard, but the Zags have Butler in the Kennel.

maynard g krebs
12-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Not sure if I'm reading you right Maynard, but the Zags have Butler in the Kennel.

Oops, mixed them up with the other midwestern midmajor. The moments of premature senility creep in more and more often. I used to beat myself in the head with soccer balls, and apparently it took a toll. As Emily Litella used to say, never mind.

sittingon50
12-18-2011, 02:39 PM
I understand completely. Fortunately for me, I work in a nursing home. When the time comes I won't even have to get out of my chair; they'll just wheel me down to the other end of the hall.

;)